Drive through Six Flags Magic Mountain past millions of holiday lights — but stay off the coasters - OCR/SCNG

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Wow these events are wicked Expensive. I remember going to Bright Nights in Springfield Massachusetts and it was under $25 a car and much longer. Pass on the OC one.

Rich T

Fair enough. I am just used to going through neighborhoods beautifully lite up or a zoo lights event, or a drive through World of Ilummination event. Doing it in a theme park seems odd to me. like " here i am trying to have fun but over there is something I would soooo would have fun on if it was open" like seeing all these coasters just sitting there as I drive around would depress me because I would be constantly reminded the park is for riding rides and we can't do that. The idea that I am in a theme park that can't serve its primary purpose would be depressing. I hope folks enjoy to me its just odd. Would rather grab a hot cooca and go around looking at neighborhood lights.
At least all the Six Flags in-park advertising might be harder to see. 😃 And, seriously, most theme parks around the world close for the entire winter anyway, and quite a few stage non-ride holiday festivals to bring in some extra money.

Look at it this way: Are you a big Magic Mtn. fan? Suppose they never, ever do this again. Are you ok with missing your one and only chance to drive your car along the park walkways and see it like you’ve never seen it before?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
How much is the OC Fair version ($50-$60), the San Diego Fair version ($49 - $59), Ventura County Fair ($49 - $64), the LA Zoo version?

The Haunted Car Wash in OC was $20 for a 3 minute experience.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

(@Captn EO) I hear what you're saying and am right there with you. It seems people are desperately starved for entertainment after a year full of restraint and closures. I'm not exempt from those feelings, but it looks like perspective is being lost in how much people will give for any kind of experience. I realize value can be subjective, but I can't help sensing that we're broadcasting the message that we'll gladly pay more for less once things normalize. This was a topic of concern before the Covid closures and I worry that fun starved people are leaning on the accelerator.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
This Texas event fee is $30 to $100

This Arizona one is $30 on Weekdays, $40 on weekends

New Jersey is $25

Washington State is $20 - $25

Irwindale is $59 a car.

Minnesota is $30

WonderLAnd in Woodland Hills is $60

LA County Fairgrounds starts at $25

Raging Waters LA (San Dimas) is $30

Palos Verdes is $35

And Irvine is $50 - $60

BubbaisSleep

Thompson St, Alameda, CA... been going on during holidays for decades , lived there for 40 years until i moved in 1995

I always visit every year as I don't live too far. Some of the candy cane ladies made it onto the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade a few years ago. The Christmas Yatch Parade is still going on this year too & I always recommend it. I always watch from Jack London Square but you can watch it in Alameda as well.

I personally wouldn't mind paying to drive through a decorated Six Flags. Not much else to do and it looks like a unique opportunity.

SevenSevens

I'd do the Magic Mountain event if I lived just a wee bit closer. Its around a 90 minute drive for me, and that's just too far to drive there and back in the dark at night. Just bought tickets to the Elf in the Shelf drive through at the Fairplex instead. AAA had a decent discount.

jerryp49

I always visit every year as I don't live too far. Some of the candy cane ladies made it onto the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade a few years ago. The Christmas Yatch Parade is still going on this year too & I always recommend it. I always watch from Jack London Square but you can watch it in Alameda as well.

I personally wouldn't mind paying to drive through a decorated Six Flags. Not much else to do and it looks like a unique opportunity.

lighted-holiday-boats-oakland.jpg
lighted-yacht-parade.jpg

truecoat

View attachment 513316View attachment 513317

My family had plans to be on a boat for the boat parade but I didn't know that the drive from Vegas to LA could take 7 hours. All because they have a tiny rest area on the way back and it causes a traffic jam with people who couldn't hold it. We ended up at Trader Sams that evening instead.

DanielBB8

I'm going to LA County Fairgrounds' Elf on the Shelf Christmas light drive through and Knott's Taste of Merry. Each event is cheaper for my family of three than one ticket to Disney's Oogie Boogie Halloween Event. I'm not spending much for a few hours of holiday cheer. This will be a depressing holiday season, but I'm hopeful about the coronavirus vaccine if our Governor Gruesome allows it. He's a terrible hypocrite. He'll probably take it and not let the rest of California have it.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Now we have a Dinosaur Drive Through in February, 2021.

TP2000

The Haunted Car Wash in OC was $20 for a 3 minute experience.

Yeah, but you also got your car washed by the sponge monsters for that price.

I'm not doing this Magic Mountain thing.

But a drive-thru of Disneyland? And I could take my convertible and play The Supremes? Uh... yes, please! $100 bucks you say, Bob Chapek? That's fine. Take my money, and take my picture!

SuddenStorm

Yeah, but you also got your car washed by the sponge monsters for that price.

I'm not doing this Magic Mountain thing.

But a drive-thru of Disneyland? And I could take my convertible and play The Supremes? Uh... yes, please! $100 bucks you say, Bob Chapek? That's fine. Take my money, and take my picture!

I'd say it's time to reinstate this fan favorite event-

1605810683044.png

TP2000

I'd say it's time to reinstate this fan favorite event-

View attachment 514212

Yes!

This also wouldn't be the first time they let customers drive their cars through Disneyland. This was the Love Bug Day from 1969, which we've discussed in various threads here over the years.

Disneyland needs to start copying the other theme parks in SoCal and get people paying their way into the park again. A drive-thru experience would be fun, if not also a logistical nightmare for theme to pull off. But it's not like TDA has something better to do!

SuddenStorm

Yes!

This also wouldn't be the first time they let customers drive their cars through Disneyland. This was the Love Bug Day from 1969, which we've discussed in various threads here over the years.

Disneyland needs to start copying the other theme parks in SoCal and get people paying their way into the park again. A drive-thru experience would be fun, if not also a logistical nightmare for theme to pull off. But it's not like TDA has something better to do!

I imagine the romanticism of driving your convertible or Bug through Disneyland playing this classic will be lost when you get stuck behind one of these with it's clear coat failing and its tail light out-

1605811562161.png

Talk about a tease.

Imagine the family who thinks it's a good idea to take their kids to the 'drive your car through Disneyland' event, only to have tears the whole way as you drive by all their favorite rides and the kids just don't understand that they can't get out and say hi to Mickey because of a virus with a 99.99% survival rate for people under 70...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom