Drinks around the world

Sunny D

Hi everyone! I know this has been posted before, but I can't find the original post I am thinking of (it was about a year ago). Anyway, I was wondering what some of your favorite drinks around the world showcase are?

We are leaving in four days (yay!) and I am interested in trying some new things on my journey around the world!

Thanks!

DivineMadness7

Grand Marnier Orange Slush in France
Next time I'm trying the Grey Goose Lemonade!

Dad would say Guinness from the Rose & Crown (he needs a punch card for the beer booth outside)

Mom would say fiesta margarita in Mexico

have fun!

Upvote 0

WTBAD

I had a dark beer in Germany. I don't remember the name & probably couldn't pronounce it correctly, but the server said it was the strongest beer at WDW. It was gooooood.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I had a dark beer in Germany. I don't remember the name & probably couldn't pronounce it correctly, but the server said it was the strongest beer at WDW. It was gooooood.

That would be the Optinator. Good bier.

Enjoy the trip around the world, just remember, you also get to go to the bathroom around the world while playing!

Upvote 0

Elonwy

Ok...not that I've done this several times or anything :lookaroun but here's my reccomendations.

First the basic rules...start in Mexico, end in Canada. This comes from experience because if you END in Mexico and decide to cap off with a tequila or Margarita you will be introducing yourself to the finest trash cans (please hope it's not "Push") planters and lagoons up close :hurl:

Besides, the biggest test is if you can finish the tour by watching the Canadian 360 movie without falling over, puking or peeing your pants. If you can do that...Good on ya!!!! :sohappy:

If you decide to do a purely beer tour my favorties are:

Mexico Dos Equis Lager
Norway Ringnes (I heard they stopped serving this so my 2nd choice would be Carlsberg)
China Tsing Tao
The Outpost (if you consider this part of the tour) Michelob
Germany Becks (try a 33oz if you're brave)
Italy Moretti
USA Sam Adams
Japan Kirin Ichiban Draught
Morocco Casa
France Kronenbourg
UK GUINNESS!!! :slurp:
Canada Labatt's

NOW...If you're doing traditional drinks other than beer i recommend:

Mexico Tequila (for the brave) Lime Margarita for the not as brave (but green looks pretty if it comes back up) :animwink::hurl:
Norway The Kristianstad
China Plum Wine
Outpost Frozen Lemonade?...Ok, just skip this one and move on
Germany I like the sweet white wine though i can't recall the name
Italy The Italian Margarita
USA skip it...never found anything here
Japan Sake
Morocco ask for a berber whisky :lol::animwink: (you'll get a mint tea but it's traditional and hey, your liver could use a break right about now besides it's a good palatte cleanser before you head to France for some wine)
France I won't presume to tell you which wine to have because they are generally all good, my favorite is the Willm Pinot Blanc but I like a fruity white wine so get whatever your tastebuds are feeling (if they're feeling anything at all)
UK GUINNESS!!!! Oh wait...this is not the beer tour...OK then, the Smooth Mint Drop
Canada the Caesar unless you're about to hurl, then something less icky like the martini

Have fun!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Hi everyone! I know this has been posted before, but I can't find the original post I am thinking of (it was about a year ago). Anyway, I was wondering what some of your favorite drinks around the world showcase are?

We are leaving in four days (yay!) and I am interested in trying some new things on my journey around the world!

Thanks!
since im not 21, i have not participated. my parents love the wine, and my cousins and friends who are of age love the beer and the shots of the countries best .

Upvote 0

TinkerCarol

Wine Slushy in France?

Saw it on a Chicago program a few months ago. Chicago reporterr went to Disney World. Can't remember what is is called. It was orange looking though. Anyone know what it is?

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I always get a Fiesta Margarita in Mexico and a Spaten in Germany. I think I will also try the Grand Marnier Slush, since I have yet to have one.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

The margaritas in Mexico are great...also, would concur with those who've said the dark German beer is both very good and very strong!

Sorry for the spelling, after a few, I usually am not the best at remembering the spelling of the beverage! :)

Spaten makes it, it's good and comes in at 7.2% ABV! Better than those freebies you get at Shamu's house!

Upvote 0

abbeysmom

Funny, I think alot of us saw that Disney show yesterday on the Travel channel. I thought when I saw her have that drink from France that I needed to try that. I did notice the price was $8.00 so I hope I like it!!! :eek:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I thought the orange France slushie was great, and could have used a little stronger kick IMO. But I found that to be true for most drinks at WDW.:wave:

I thought it would be like an Island Sunset at the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. Those are out of this world. Maybe it was just mine. It just reeked of booze.:hurl:

Upvote 0

Bug715

Ok...not that I've done this several times or anything :lookaroun but here's my reccomendations.

First the basic rules...start in Mexico, end in Canada. This comes from experience because if you END in Mexico and decide to cap off with a tequila or Margarita you will be introducing yourself to the finest trash cans (please hope it's not "Push") planters and lagoons up close :hurl:

Besides, the biggest test is if you can finish the tour by watching the Canadian 360 movie without falling over, puking or peeing your pants. If you can do that...Good on ya!!!! :sohappy:

If you decide to do a purely beer tour my favorties are:

Mexico Dos Equis Lager
Norway Ringnes (I heard they stopped serving this so my 2nd choice would be Carlsberg)
China Tsing Tao
The Outpost (if you consider this part of the tour) Michelob
Germany Becks (try a 33oz if you're brave)
Italy Moretti
USA Sam Adams
Japan Kirin Ichiban Draught
Morocco Casa
France Kronenbourg
UK GUINNESS!!! :slurp:
Canada Labatt's

NOW...If you're doing traditional drinks other than beer i recommend:

Mexico Tequila (for the brave) Lime Margarita for the not as brave (but green looks pretty if it comes back up) :animwink::hurl:
Norway The Kristianstad
China Plum Wine
Outpost Frozen Lemonade?...Ok, just skip this one and move on
Germany I like the sweet white wine though i can't recall the name
Italy The Italian Margarita
USA skip it...never found anything here
Japan Sake
Morocco ask for a berber whisky :lol::animwink: (you'll get a mint tea but it's traditional and hey, your liver could use a break right about now besides it's a good palatte cleanser before you head to France for some wine)
France I won't presume to tell you which wine to have because they are generally all good, my favorite is the Willm Pinot Blanc but I like a fruity white wine so get whatever your tastebuds are feeling (if they're feeling anything at all)
UK GUINNESS!!!! Oh wait...this is not the beer tour...OK then, the Smooth Mint Drop
Canada the Caesar unless you're about to hurl, then something less icky like the martini

Have fun!!!! :wave:

Thanks for the tips! I was going to post a topic like this soon since I'll be celebrating my 21st by drinking around the world. Any other tips (like how to make it all the way) would be greatly apreciated!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom