Drinking Fountain Water

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
And Ive drank out of a few things a damn site worse than a wiped ice bucket and I am still here. Unfortunately, in some peoples opinion.

hrcollectibles

In October, when I was at the Magic Kingdom, I noticed that the drinking fountain water tasted absolutely horrible (especially in Tomorrowland). It had a very bad aftertaste, reminiscent of sulfur. I spent my first day in DHS, where the water actually tasted normal. Does anyone know why the water in MK is so yucky? :(

IT so yuo have to buy their refreshing beverages.. of course this is coming for a conspiracy junkie..

Gravydeen

About 1 year ago at MGM I asked a snack stand for a cup of ice water and they practically freaked out. They told me that it wasn't "purified". At least I think that was the term they used. They made it sound like they were getting the water out of the gutter. I tried my best to ask if they simply meant tap water as opposed to bottled water. They described it like Disney hade some reservoir of water that did not go through a normal city water treatment plant that they were able to use to clean with but that a person would not be safe to drink. Has anyone ever heard of this? I couldn't tell if they just wanted to sell me bottled water or if they were actually looking out for my health.

figmentmom

In October, when I was at the Magic Kingdom, I noticed that the drinking fountain water tasted absolutely horrible (especially in Tomorrowland). It had a very bad aftertaste, reminiscent of sulfur. I spent my first day in DHS, where the water actually tasted normal. Does anyone know why the water in MK is so yucky? :(

I've noticed the same thing with water anywhere I've been in Florida. I think we become accustomed to the water we drink back home so it just tastes different.

That's exactly what I was going to say! Wherever we travel, the water always tastes "different" simply because we're not used to it.

And Ive drank out of a few things a damn site worse than a wiped ice bucket and I am still here. Unfortunately, in some peoples opinion.

SAK! :ROFLOL: You slay me.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Actually, the smell of the showers at the resorts is one of those triggers that reminds me where I am when I'm in Orlando. Kind of odd, but it's nothing I smell anywhere else.

I thought I was the only one that felt like this. The resort shower smells is like a trigger, I know it sounds weird but it is just one of those quirky things.

lilclerk

Thanks but I think we'd need about 6 of those 30 oz. bottles to make it through the parks in mid-June. I'll think it over but I really need to get a move on. I only have 450 days left.:lol:
But you can just fill them up at the water fountains, that's the point =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom