Drinking Around the World

Well I just came back from my 2nd WDW trip this year. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Resort and shared a room with another couple. This on top of getting a CM discount on the room from a friend of mine really helped add to the "extra curricular activities" around the parks.

One of the new activities I decided to partake came from a recommendation from my new best CM friend Shawn from the Canada Pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot. We moseyed on up to the beer cart in front of Canada and asked the CM Shawn (Who also happens to be on the foreign exchange program and college internship) we asked him what he would recommend to further our enjoyment of the world showcase. He told us the once a month a group of CMs get together and "Drink Around the World" Well being a college students ourselves my group and I decided to partake in this time honored tradition" We started in Canada with a 20oz Moosehead and the rest of the Night went as follows

6:00PM Canada -- Moosehead Lager
6:25PM United Kingdom -- Woodpecker Hard Cider
6:40PM France -- Champaign
7:00PM Moracco -- Casablanca Lager
7:25PM Japan -- Plum Wine Sake
7:45PM America -- Sam Adams Boston Lager (Girls Stop) :cry:
8:00PM Italy -- Pinot Grigio Wine
8:15PM Germany -- 24oz Becks Beer
8:30PM China -- Chinese Lager (forget name)
8:40PM Norway -- Norwegian Merlot
8:55PM Mexico -- Fiesta Margarita

At this point we ran back to our favorite Illuminations Spot next to the beer cart in Canada.. Best View I’ve found to date. Thank goodness for Disney Transportation back to our hotel. We spent some great times at Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk and stumbled into bed at 2:00am and managed to be up for MGM the next morning at 8:00AM and on Tower of Terror by 9:45AM :hurl:

If you go without kids this is really fun to do as long as you can manage to be a non-abrasive and happy drunk...... Well what do you expect from 4 college kids in the happiest place on Earth....

:sohappy: :sohappy:

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by Gucci65
My ex and I did that back in '88 on our honeymoon. We were staying off property and had to sit in the car and sober up before going back to the hotel. It was fun, but I don't know if I'd do it again - I've think I'm beyond drinking that much anymore.

You were on your honeymoon, all liquored up, and you expect us to believe you were sitting in the car "sobering up?" Is THAT what you call it? :lol: :eek:

Gucci65

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
You were on your honeymoon, all liquored up, and you expect us to believe you were sitting in the car "sobering up?" Is THAT what you call it? :lol: :eek:

I'll never tell. Especially since the Epcot parking lot didn't have security cameras at the time or at least I hope not. Next thing I know I know there will be a Pam Anderson type video going around.....

Jungle Skipper

We drank around the world last summer...Started in Mexico all the way around the world, skipping the UK then finishing the night on the patio at the Rose and Crown with a Beer Sampler...only two of us made it all the way...its tough.

Another fun Epcot tradition for the guys of my family is "Babes around the world" pictures of us with a beautiful woman from each country... :D We're pathetic what can I say?

This summer my little cousins and I are doin Pepe around the World...taking my Pepe the King Prawn Muppet Action Figure from Palisades Toys and taking photographs of him taking part in the fun at WDW...Maybe we will drink around the world with pepe....Ohh..or how about Drinking and Pepe WITH Babes around the world..I can see it know..excuse me, Miss Gorgeous brunette from the UK...can I take a picture of you holding my pepe.....::smack across the face::...action figure...my action figure! YOu'll have to excuse me, I'm wasted! :brick:

Sorry that was so wrong.

Jungle Josh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom