Drinking Around the World

Well I just came back from my 2nd WDW trip this year. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Resort and shared a room with another couple. This on top of getting a CM discount on the room from a friend of mine really helped add to the "extra curricular activities" around the parks.

One of the new activities I decided to partake came from a recommendation from my new best CM friend Shawn from the Canada Pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot. We moseyed on up to the beer cart in front of Canada and asked the CM Shawn (Who also happens to be on the foreign exchange program and college internship) we asked him what he would recommend to further our enjoyment of the world showcase. He told us the once a month a group of CMs get together and "Drink Around the World" Well being a college students ourselves my group and I decided to partake in this time honored tradition" We started in Canada with a 20oz Moosehead and the rest of the Night went as follows

6:00PM Canada -- Moosehead Lager
6:25PM United Kingdom -- Woodpecker Hard Cider
6:40PM France -- Champaign
7:00PM Moracco -- Casablanca Lager
7:25PM Japan -- Plum Wine Sake
7:45PM America -- Sam Adams Boston Lager (Girls Stop) :cry:
8:00PM Italy -- Pinot Grigio Wine
8:15PM Germany -- 24oz Becks Beer
8:30PM China -- Chinese Lager (forget name)
8:40PM Norway -- Norwegian Merlot
8:55PM Mexico -- Fiesta Margarita

At this point we ran back to our favorite Illuminations Spot next to the beer cart in Canada.. Best View I’ve found to date. Thank goodness for Disney Transportation back to our hotel. We spent some great times at Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk and stumbled into bed at 2:00am and managed to be up for MGM the next morning at 8:00AM and on Tower of Terror by 9:45AM :hurl:

If you go without kids this is really fun to do as long as you can manage to be a non-abrasive and happy drunk...... Well what do you expect from 4 college kids in the happiest place on Earth....

:sohappy: :sohappy:

KCat

Sounds like a blast! I think we'll have to save drinking around the world until after we've ridden Mission: Space. hehe.

cherrynegra

Hmmmm......sounds like a new straight to video for Disney. College Kids Gone Wild: At Epcot. Watch as they drink their way around the world.:lol: Still, I have to say that's a novel idea and definitely one for as you put it, the "non-abrasive happy drunk."

Mateo1721

I love drinking around the world. I did it for my 21st birthday and we did it again for my brother's. Everytime I go to Epcot I have to stop at the UK and get some Guinness (my fav).

SpongeScott

Originally posted by WDWcouple
At this point we ran back to our favorite Illuminations Spot next to the beer cart in Canada.. Best View I’ve found to date.
You ran back after one, two, three.......11 drinks?!? I wish I had had my video camera out for that one!

Illuminations from that beer cart is a great spot to view it. We met Shawn there last fall and had some nice chats with him. Very nice guy--and he gave us some free popcorn! Is he married yet? I think he was supposed to get married this spring.

JBSLJames

Sounds like a good time. There is a place in Cleveland, the "Winking Lizard" that has a "Drink Around the World" promotion that involves something like 120 beers. If you complete the tour in less than 1 calender year, you win a prize. On a business trip, we helped a Wegoma employee get his fleece jacket. Some were good, some were awful.

wOOt?

vonpluto

We did Drink Around the World last Thanksgiving with my daughter and her college roommate. After they left to go back to school, we went to EuroSpain in DD to get them a gift. We found some neat shot glasses with a WDW theme engraving. We had "Drink Around the World" and the date engraved on the other side. They loved them.

Frank

dae_woods

I've gotta wait one more year to "legally" do the drink around the world tour. Can't wait! Than just gives me one more excuse to keep going back each year.:hammer:

Ergens2

That is a tradition with my husband and I!!! We usually stay at either BWI or Y & B. This way we can stumble back to our room!:lol:

Good times!

Mr Smee

My wife and I have been doing this for years. We call in the beer and chocolate tour of Epcot. Stopping off in every country for our favorite drink and desert.

figmentmom

Originally posted by Mr Smee
My wife and I have been doing this for years. We call in the beer and chocolate tour of Epcot. Stopping off in every country for our favorite drink and desert.

SIMULTANEOUSLY?!? :lol:

Pippa

Originally posted by Mr Smee

Cool!!! I have to try that next trip!!
I try to experience every cocktail at the Adventurers Club although not all on one night!!

nikechic

Sounds like my kind of adventure. Of course since being on the low carb diet I will probably be dead. I used to be able to drink anyone under the table but now...I am a light weight.

Gucci65

My ex and I did that back in '88 on our honeymoon. We were staying off property and had to sit in the car and sober up before going back to the hotel. It was fun, but I don't know if I'd do it again - I've think I'm beyond drinking that much anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom