Drinking around the world tips

a goofy username

Original Poster
Hi
so I'm heading down to WDW at the end of this month for what will be my first visit in about five or six years. I turned 21 a few months ago, so naturally I'm gonna try and drink around World Showcase. Any advice/warnings/etc.? I know there's a lot of options (especially in Germany), which are your favorites? Least favorites? What food do you recommend to combat sickness?

note - i'm not a frat party/"let's see how wasted i can get" kind of guy so i won't end up being that obnoxious drunk who ends up getting kicked out and banned from the park for climbing the mexico pyramid haha

DisneyJoe

Pace yourself.. Drink water or something non-alcoholic in between each drink, but avoid soft drinks. Take sips. Put your drink down when possible, you will drink it slower that way. Listen to your body. Eat carbs, pasta, burgers.

Weather_Lady

If your goal is to feel good throughout (11 pavilions, right? So, 11 drinks?), I'd highly recommend splitting your tour over two relaxed evenings -- unless you have a very large tolerance, or will be sharing the drinks with a friend. (Also, research menus and drink prices ahead of time, if needed, so there's no sticker shock.) Be safe and enjoy!

DisneyJoe

If your goal is to feel good throughout (11 pavilions, right? So, 11 drinks?), I'd highly recommend splitting your tour over two relaxed evenings -- unless you have a very large tolerance, or will be sharing the drinks with a friend. (Also, research menus and drink prices ahead of time, if needed, so there's no sticker shock.) Be safe and enjoy!
I forgot to mention sharing drinks, that helps immensely!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
maxresdefault.jpg

After one pavilion.

If your goal is to feel good throughout (11 pavilions, right? So, 11 drinks?), I'd highly recommend splitting your tour over two relaxed evenings

You just completely destroyed the very idea of "drinking around the world". The assumption is one does it during one visit.

My advice is safely hit it often and hit it hard. And I'm happy to see that you will not bother other guests or deface property.

Jayhawker

I did it for the first time this last October and really enjoyed it. I drank beer but I know people who have drank only beer, only mixed drinks, or both. Have fun!

FettFan

As stated before.....pacing is the key. Take a couple of Nalgene bottles with you and drink water between countries. Alcohol is very hydrophilic....it dehydrates you. That's ultimately what drunkenness is: a state if dehydration.

Also, be sure to get plenty to eat. Big breakfast, big lunch, big dinner, with plenty of carbs as mentioned above. The food in your stomach will help prevent the alcohol from being absorbed quite so fast.

I would also advise starting in Canada and England. Beer is a better starter and can ease you into it, instead of starting on the other side with a Mexico margarita and Chinese plum wine.

chris p

i recommend ending with the rose and crown. its ALWAYS a good time at the end of the day. Its a fun pub and there always seems to be people singing at the top of their lungs, almost like a piano bar... enjoy! cheers

JIMINYCR

The real purpose of drinking around the world isnt to get wasted. Its to try out the variety of tasteful beers and alcoholic beverages that are found at the different countries. The pleasure is in finding and tasting the unique flavors one doesnt normally find in the USA and can give you a new appreciation as to what other countries have to offer. Sure theres a lot of obnoxious drunks that have made this a game to see how far they can get around the world before getting plastered but they arent appreciating the taste and flavors. Very sad its gotten to this level.

Driver

Many try many fail. Enjoy responsibly, and leave the driving to someone else. I see a lot of funny things everyday but it's not funny if people get hurt. I would like to hear a "good" trip report on your attempt. C'mon down..... we're waiting!!:)

EOD K9

Keep this in mind, your liver metabolizes .02 alcohol per hour. That is roughly a normal drink, shot, or beer. If your first drink is at the top of the hour, and you finish it fairly quick, it will be generally out of your system at the bottom.

kjb101791

- Be emotionally and spiritually prepared to spend over $100 on drinks AND food
- Drink lots of water the day before. Pretend you are hydrating for a marathon, because you essentially are
- There is glory in toughing out a real marathon, but not in toughing out a drinking marathon. If it isn't your day, drop out.
- Maybe get things like beer and wine samplers and split them
- Food doesn't absorb alcohol, but it does close the sphincter going to your intestines where alcohol enters the bloodstream much faster. Staying fairly full on food will help, so it can be healthier or lighter to balance out the alcohol calories, if you care about calories.

DisneyDoctor

Be careful mixing different types of alcohol. Coat your stomach with a bit of greasy food before, not a lot of food, but like a single piece of pizza. Stay out of the sun for too long. I've seen several people throw up the glacier shot in Norway, so be careful there.

Have fun though, it will be a long but really fun day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom