Dreamfinder: Redux?

ctwhalerman

Original Poster
Jim Hill, the man many of you love to hate, has a big one today, and it made me happy enough to forget that I am an insomniac...

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2006/05/15/2379.aspx

It's not April 1st, is it? ;)

Apparently they are toying with bringing The Man back, and even though Jim Hill adds his usual "is this really a good idea," this story, if even remotely true, is bound to cause some people to dance in the streets.

Maybe things really are changing. Replacing a lackluster ride with an updated version of one that always had a line sounds like a good idea to me.

Epcot may soon be the best park in WDW. I just hope this is actually true.

FigmentJedi

Yeah, but even though it's just a Jim Hill rumor, which seems heavily unlikely, I would love to see this true. Or else, I'm gonna hunt that lying fattie down for giving me false hope.

brkgnews

Interesting to think about. As for the whole WED-vs-Imagineering thing, I don't see why they couldn't call the company "WED" and still call the workers "Imagineers." After all -- we have "doctors" who work in the "medical" profession, not "doctors" who work in the "doctoreering" profession.

Edeyore

He is right about one thing, if these boards are any indication, it would be a Disney "dweebs" fantasy, to have Dreamfinder return. It really would be great.

AMartin767

I'll believe it when it is officially announced. That being said, it is the only correct move that Disney could make concerning the pavillion. The current version of the ride is an atrocity and a complete waste of time.

If this turns out to be true, then God bless Pixar.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Jim Hill's ramblings need to be taken with a salt lick (that's a huge block of salt, for those who don't know).

He must get some perverse joy about writing for "Disney dweebs", since he clearly despises them/us. I just read the article; one sentence, he's reporting what he heard. Next sentence, he's ranting about "dweebs" and other nonsense. He just comes off as a condescending, self-righteous d**k to me.

1disneydood

Dweebs? :fork:

He has more fantasies about Disney than we do. :rolleyes: Not to mention most of us aren't dweeby enough to get thrown out of the happiest place on Earth. :lol: :lol:

eroyee

Journey into Imagination

:wave: This "dweeb" thinks it would be a good idea. Last 3 times we went on the ride we were the only ones there. I only go so I can go thru the stuff at the end of the ride and send emails home!! Jan. 2007, back to the World. Yaaay!!:sohappy:

bhg469

HauntedPirate said:
Jim Hill's ramblings need to be taken with a salt lick (that's a huge block of salt, for those who don't know).

He just comes off as a condescending, self-righteous d**k to me.

Agreed, but No worse than some people on this forum.

Buford

1disneydood said:
Dweebs? :fork:

He has more fantasies about Disney than we do. :rolleyes: Not to mention most of us aren't dweeby enough to get thrown out of the happiest place on Earth. :lol: :lol:
touche!

looks like a popular article.... it's been taking forever to get the page loaded o'er here, and so far no sign of the article....

George

Liker of Things
Don't know if there is a shred of truth in this or not, but I would like it to be true. I hope that if they are going to work on the dark ride, some attention will also be paid to the playground. Imagination used to be the most complete pavilion in FW with a 3D movie, dark ride, and fun interactive area. To bring the pavilion back to its former glory all 3 of these things need to be given attention.

Boray

ASJHLJ said:
Don't know if there is a shred of truth in this or not, but I would like it to be true. I hope that if they are going to work on the dark ride, some attention will also be paid to the playground. Imagination used to be the most complete pavilion in FW with a 3D movie, dark ride, and fun interactive area. To bring the pavilion back to its former glory all 3 of these things need to be given attention.

I was just thinking the same thing. I remember as a child (and I know we've discussed this before in other threads) how much fun I had playing with the nail tables and the light tube, for example. The Imagineers are all about creativity. This pavillion should be the pinnacle of their imaginative ability. I hope my children can someday soon, have the same ability to experience an "imagination playground" that the imagineers are capable of creating.

Ashitaka

ASJHLJ said:
Imagination used to be the most complete pavilion in FW with a 3D movie, dark ride, and fun interactive area. To bring the pavilion back to its former glory all 3 of these things need to be given attention.

I completely agree. They should look at the pavilion as a whole in any revamp. If they are going to improve the ride, why not also replace HISTA, which is getting fairly tired and old.

I used to come out of the original JII feeling inspired to be creative. Now the only thing I'm inspired to do by this pavilion to just keep walking right past it.

dxwwf3

I really hope this comes true and even though Hill hasn't been perfect, he has been right before (Contrary to some people's belief). Not just for the simple fact of the Dreamfinder character and not that I totally HATE the current JII, but I think if this happened it really would send a message to us fans and the general public that the days of the cheap, step backward rehabs are over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom