Dream Come True Parade

Beccone

Is this the same parade that was there last year? I'm trying to figure out whether we will take an earlier break in the day so we'll be back in time for the parade at MK. But if it's the same as last year I am more than happy to skip it, a well rested child is more important than seeing a parade that we've already seen, lol.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
From the pics I have seen, it looks similar but not the same. They have redecorated some of the floats/sets and costumes have changed. It also goes the other way now - starts at Main Street. I have not seen it so I can't say for sure how much is the same or different. :wave:

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
It uses the most of the same floats except the first one with Mickey & Minnie has been redecorated. It recently saw some adjustments including the removal of the villains float as well as the addition of a number of street level characters. The first edition of this parade had no street-level walking characters at all which was not terribly popular. The street level characters are clustered together with the floats that follow them and include:
  • Abu (monkey from Aladdin), Genie and Jafar
  • Cinderella's Step Mother and Step-Sisters
  • Gepetto, Fowl-Fellow & Gideon from Pinocchio
  • Woody and Jessie from Toy Story
  • Lilo & Stich

The parade now starts in Town Square and heads up Main Street toward the castle an on to Liberty Square and Frontierland. The first parade stop takes place as the last float gets out of Town Square and turns onto Main Street. It's a great location for character interaction with a sequence using the "Time of Your Life" music used in the TV commercials.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom