Dragon Rocks

Sketch105

Original Poster
For all you Beastly Kingdom rumour fans out there, does anyone have any pics of the "Dragon Rocks" located near camp Mickey-Minnie. I haven't found any good ones except this one.

I'm looking for ones that have really good close-ups of those knights laying around. I've seen the shots at EB Effects, but I'd like a really good picture of them right near the cave.

Attachments

• 03-dragon_rocks-01-big.jpg
    03-dragon_rocks-01-big.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 425

Sketch105

Original Poster
James, I really appreciate your effort...
]..... but i said I've already seen the ones on the EB EFFECTS page, which is where those came from. I'm looking for pics near the actual cave like the one above. If you look closer, the ones taken at teh EB Effects page are placed around it (only a couple though. I when AK was open during the first few months they had all of them placed around..

Thanks anyways, though!

james4023464

here is a drawing of the cave with the drawing, I know its not real but it is a good drawing

Attachments

• dragon.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 377

Sketch105

Original Poster
How do you know its not real? I swear I've seen that before somewhere.

Plus I have the Mcdonald's toy that looks exactly like that dragon, which was released when the park opened. good drawing though. A little too dark for my taste (must be the scanner)

Sketch105

Original Poster
The dragon, whose "picture" I posted on another thread (i think it was "More BK SMoke" or "Big Animal Kingdom E-ride) would have looked more like the one at DL Paris, since it would be built from the same molds, as reported by Jim Hill. The picture was from DL Paris.

Of course, this was only a teaser for Beastly Kingdom, not BK's Dragon attraction itself.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
The Knights were never there while the park was open to the public. I have pictures (somewhere) of the ride during the soft opening and the knights are not there. If I find the pictures, I can post them. But the knights where never there during operation. I was there April 20th, went on the ride, and was in the first ever public showing of "It's tough to be a bug".

the_snow_prince

Originally posted by DisneyKrazed
Why did they get ride of the boat ride? And what does this have to do with the Beastly Kindom rumers?

I believe they got rid of the boat ride because guests did not particularly like it. It always had long lines for a ride with no scenery or entertainment except for when the Dragon Rocks blowing fire. They tried to rework it a couple times, once by passin around bugs during the ride, and another with a Radio Disney theme, but eventually it just closed completly. As for the Beastly Kingdom connection, when the ride was first designed, the Dragon Rocks were supose to give some sort of taste of what guests would see at Beastly Kingdom and give ridders some desire to see what is there.

ToTBellHop

unless you are a cast member or related to one, you wouldn't have noticed them--the general public did not see them...and I didn't go until 10 mos. after the park opened...the boat ride was closed by then...

bamboo7

Originally posted by Thrawn
The Knights were never there while the park was open to the public. I have pictures (somewhere) of the ride during the soft opening and the knights are not there. If I find the pictures, I can post them. But the knights where never there during operation. I was there April 20th, went on the ride, and was in the first ever public showing of "It's tough to be a bug".

I'm confused. The knights were never there while the ride was open to the public, so when were the pictures that we have (with the knights in them) taken? other background/info on this would be appreciated. this is all new to me.

THanks

Sketch105

Original Poster
John Beaste: Thanks for all the pics. I had already seen the knights in the picture I posted, but not the shields. Thanks for your help.

As for the Discovery River, this excerpt is from Jim Hill was how the original river script was going to be like, however it was changed because the money never came through (Am I the only one looking forward to see Eisner leave in 2006?)

Heres the script, from an article by Jim Hill:

"As you passed under the main bridge leading into Safari Village, you would have seen that the water ahead was littered with the shattered lances and crumpled armor of a great many fallen knights. But what horrible fate could have befallen all of these brave adventurers? A roar from the nearby cave offers a clue.

As your boat floated past the opening of the cave, you would have seen a duplicate of the dragon found in the cavern under Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant at Disneyland - Paris. Only WDW's version would have been a lot more active than France's sleepy monster. This dragon would have craned his neck out of the cave, roared at the guests and then breathed fire their way, before once again settling back down to sleep.

At this point, your boat driver would have started to get nervous. He would explain that he was worried that the dragon's roaring would awaken the Kracken, a mythical Greek sea monster that was known to lurk along this stretch of Discovery River. Sure enough, the water around the boat begins to bubble ominously.

Off to one side, the huge fin of the Kracken suddenly cuts through the water. As the boat begins rocking back and forth, you're certain you're headed for a watery grave. Just then, your captain pulls out a lyre and begins plucking an odd tune. As the boat stops rocking and the water stops bubbling, the captain explains that music puts the Kracken back to sleep. Once that it's safe to move on, the boat continues to head up river.

Just as you round the bend, your captain points off excitedly to your left. There on the shore, you catch a glimpse of a unicorn. The beautiful white creature -- shrouded in mist as it stands in a picturesque grove of trees -- paws the earth lightly with one hoof and nods its golden horn our way. The unicorn's only visible for just an instant, but it truly is a beautiful sight.

As your boat pulls up to the dock in Harambe, you and your fellow guests would still be buzzing about the wonders you would have glimpsed on this leg of your adventure of Disney's Animal Kingdom ..."

bamboo7

so basically, the attraction was planned, and started, but then canceled due to money, so they just turned it into the radio disney boat cruise instead? if that is the case, then the pictures with the knights would be from before the funding was cut? also, is there any chance that the project will be picked up the in the future? it sounds pretty neat.

thanks for your help, i'm just trying to get an understanding of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom