News Dragon caught fire in today’s Festival of Fantasy parade

Kman101

Shouldn’t 5 years be the standard life cycle of a parade?

Well when WDW's standard is keeping them around for a decade ... 4 years for a parade is still pretty young IMO. It's hardly a problem that needs replacing at the moment. JMO. But yeah there should be a certain life cycle.

The 50th is when I'd like a new daytime parade rolled out (but it seems we'll get a night parade instead, which we should already have, IMHO, but that's another time for another thread).

I know people got all excited when Tokyo rolled out their new parade but FOF is barely 4 years old at this point, lol. I mean we have 30 year old stage shows that need replacing more than this parade does.

Figments Friend

Just now getting to post a comment....but i had to say this was quite a unexpected, unpleasent jolt of a surprise.
Very sad to see this happen to that fantastic 'steampunk' Maleficent dragon float.
Quite relieved it did not get more seriously damaged as it could have been.
This could have ended very badly, and not just for the float.
:(

Also very glad the float driver is okay.
It must have been a scary view from his open seat directly below where the outburst was happening.
That was my #1 concern when i first leaned of this happening, as i know where his position is in regards to the location of the fire.
Scary indeed.

Hoping for a fast repair to the float and a return to the parade route soon.
It is a beautiful and very cool addition and it would be disappointing to see it removed permanently.
I am sure it will be back eventually when ready.

-

matt2394

Can you imagine how poorly this could have gone if those flames went just a few centimetres further? Thank god no one was injured or none of the buildings caught on fire.

SpectroMan93

I think this would have been a better replacement option. And they do still have it. Odd they didn't bust it out.
To me this seemed like the obvious solution. The integrity of the unit would be mostly intact and would show some creativity. So naturally, they went the other direction and gave them a gazebo to wave and smile from. :confused:

MrConbon

This has probably been mentioned in the previous 13 pages, but it's funny how what was essentially a non-event creates such a media buzz. Is everything a big deal on social media? Answer is clearly yes. ha

I mean it’s a pretty big deal that a float at Disney World was caught on fire right near guests. The only place I heard the news was on some Orlsndo based news stations and this forum. I’m not seeing it trending anyway so I don’t get what you mean by “media buzz”.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
it really wasn't bad... just more shocking than anything

could it have been worse... absolutely... as could anything

they need to identify the problem, fix it, make sure it either doesn't happen again (guaranteed) and/or have a fire suppression system to put it out quicker.

my fear is we may never see the fire effect again

brb1006

Well when WDW's standard is keeping them around for a decade ... 4 years for a parade is still pretty young IMO. It's hardly a problem that needs replacing at the moment. JMO. But yeah there should be a certain life cycle.

The 50th is when I'd like a new daytime parade rolled out (but it seems we'll get a night parade instead, which we should already have, IMHO, but that's another time for another thread).

I know people got all excited when Tokyo rolled out their new parade but FOF is barely 4 years old at this point, lol. I mean we have 30 year old stage shows that need replacing more than this parade does.
Ever since 100 Years Of Magic, WDW started keeping parade running a bit longer then usual.

Glasgow

I mean it’s a pretty big deal that a float at Disney World was caught on fire right near guests. The only place I heard the news was on some Orlsndo based news stations and this forum. I’m not seeing it trending anyway so I don’t get what you mean by “media buzz”.
Agreed that it's unsafe and bad show but from the reaction you'd think a bldg went up in flames! Point being, its slight sensationalism based on where it is, that's all.

Kamikaze

Its really not a big deal. To Disney fans it is, but as an actual news story? Not at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom