DP Credit Exchange

hystericalbende

Original Poster
I’ve been on the dining plan many times, but I just saw on Disney Food Blog that you can trade a QS credit for snack credits. I saw another post that this may be possible at festivals but to check with cast members. Has anyone done this at the Festival of Arts? We will be there next week, and there are a ton of yummy snacks that look better than a QS meal.

DisAl

I don't know about at the festival but one catch to converting a QS to snacks (1 QS = 3 snacks) is that you have to get all three snacks at the same time. You can't 1 snack at 3 different times.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
You can do it at festivals (at least at F&W). As long as the item in question has the DDP icon next to it, it's eligible. You can combine 3 for a meal. My wife and I would regularly get 2 food items and a bottle of water at various booths.

Jon81uk

This might have changed since they re-did the dining plan to be just entrée and drink and QS (no dessert).

Previously you could order three snacks against one QS credit and it counted as a meal, I think it was added as a "continental breakfast" option. But now the QS credit only has two parts to it you would need to check you can still do three snacks as a "meal".

DreamalittleDisney

Not tried the upgrade of snacks to meal but have done 1 x QS meal to redeem against 3 Snacks- as all have mentioned so far this needs to be done in 1 transaction .... normally our final stop is trading in missed meal for lots of bags of goofys candy!

nickys

Premium Member
Just to clarify here.

You cannot use 3 snack credits to get a QS meal. What you can do is use 3 snack credits on 3 snack items to create a meal.

So you can get cereal, milk and a muffin for breakfast.

Or get 3 snack items from the same F&W food booth.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Just to clarify here.

You cannot use 3 snack credits to get a QS meal. What you can do is use 3 snack credits on 3 snack items to create a meal.

So you can get cereal, milk and a muffin for breakfast.

Or get 3 snack items from the same F&W food booth.

Correct - you cannot use 3 snack credits on a QS meal. But you can use a QS Meal credit for 3 snacks. If you do that, it must be a single transaction. Like Nicky said, you can do it at one booth. Or if you go to Starbucks, you can get 2 coffees and a bagel.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This might have changed since they re-did the dining plan to be just entrée and drink and QS (no dessert).

Previously you could order three snacks against one QS credit and it counted as a meal, I think it was added as a "continental breakfast" option. But now the QS credit only has two parts to it you would need to check you can still do three snacks as a "meal".
No it has not changed you can still covert to 3 snacks per QS or TS credit. Same as always and have been able to do it at Festivals for as long as I can remember! Been doing it for years and have done it after the changes too. ;)

The Mighty Tim

Incidentally, from my experience, back in September, though you can convert 1 QS credit for three snacks, we were unable to do it at Mouse Gear on our last day to pick up a whole bunch of snacks for the unused QS credits we had left. Reason being is that Mouse Gear isn't an actual restaurant/food outlet, despite selling snacks.

DisneyGigi

We do this every year because we end up with extra counter services.
Another thing that is neat to do with leftover credits at the end of the trip, on the last day, rather than get a bunch of candy snacks at the gift shop- is to randomly use the credits for someone in line. I love doing that and spreading a little pixie dust. We just get what we are going to get and also what they were going to order. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom