Downtown Disney

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
I am planning to visit Disney again at the end of July and I was wondering what are some of the best places to see at Downtown Disney. I have been to Disney Quest a few times and have eaten at Planet Hollywood, but I personally don't want to walk around there forever. So, what are some "can't miss" stops at Downtown Disney?

"...it's the truth it's actual, everything is satisfactual, it's a zip-a-dee-doh-dah day!!!"

dandaman

I'd say World of Disney, but I'm quite certain you've already been there...

There's so many unique shops and things to do there, I don't think I can even center one out! :lol:

MissM

Earl of Sandwich. Yum! Some of the yummiest food around AND it's pretty much the most inexpensive food on property.

(I'm super excited because they opened their second ever location right here in Tampa.)
-m

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't know if I would classify anything at DTD really a must see.

Some of the things I really like are Hoy Paoli and Starbillas at the West end and World of Disney, Once Upon a Toy and the Lego store at the Marketplace.

For food Ghirardelli and Ragland Road are very good choices.

Entertainment wise Ragland road and the Adventurers Club get my money quite frequently.

The big World of Disney store, Ghiradelli's, Rainforest Cafe...I know, I know, cliche and a lot of people dislike it, but we ALWAYS have a blast! Right when you walk into the market place, there's a store...I THINK it's called The Art of Disney...maybe? It's awesome! All the pictures, lithographs, etc...I even got to be Princess of the Day in that store...this older CM named Art let me put my name on the wall and gave me a pen and other free things. Heart it!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
amykissangel said:
The big World of Disney store, Ghiradelli's, Rainforest Cafe...I know, I know, cliche and a lot of people dislike it, but we ALWAYS have a blast! Right when you walk into the market place, there's a store...I THINK it's called The Art of Disney...maybe? It's awesome! All the pictures, lithographs, etc...I even got to be Princess of the Day in that store...this older CM named Art let me put my name on the wall and gave me a pen and other free things. Heart it!!
Oh yeah! I forgot about Art of Disney next to RFC. Given the opportunity the wife and I could drop 50k in that store.

iheartdisney91

Take from someone that goes to disney every year and loves down town disney, in the market place the best disney store there is "the world of disney" its huge its awesome if your looking for pins go to the pin shop they have a lot of pins the whole store is nothing but, if your looking for christmas things go to " a chrismas to remember" they have every thing you need to make a disney christams as soon as you enter the store the smells of christmas are all around. and lastly if you need toys go to "once upon a toy" they have alot of neat things! if you want a good meal in a good area go to "the rainforest caf'e" its like your in the rain forest but with food!
i cant wait to go to these places! hope this helps!:wave:

DisneySam

World of Disney and Starbilias. I looove the movie memoriabilia store! I am always trying to figure out how to buy one of the autographed posters LOL.

Leighbert

If you have pets, Disney Tails is a great place to browse.

If you scrapbook, Disney's Wonderful World of Memories is a good resource to get Disney items.

The Christmas store is always fun.

iheartdisney91

DisneySam said:
World of Disney and Starbilias. I looove the movie memoriabilia store! I am always trying to figure out how to buy one of the autographed posters LOL.

i too love that store! i cant get anything in there though:( oh well its good to see things like that!:p

MadameCheshire

Earl of Sandwich!!

That place has amazing sandwiches and smoothies! :sohappy:

AND the magic shop.. even if you don't buy anything.. it is fun to watch the demonstrations.

SilentWindODoom

And, of course, if you get there late enough, the Comedy Warehouse is classic. There are some things from there that I'll never forget, and which have been forever cemented in my family's inside jokes.

Hehehe. Cone-putter.

Dtd

From left to right:

Elwood @ House of Blues
Virgin Megastore
Wetzel's Pretzel
Guinness @ Raglan Road
the toy store at Marketplace
Earl of Sandwich

-Billy

HoW

I never miss the Marketplace, every store there gives me a different little rush. As for PI, the Comedy Warehouse is not to be missed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom