Downtown Disney Help

enjen

Original Poster
It's my first trip in a little over a week. My family have got a five day pass for all the parks, but I was wondering if Downtown Disney is similair to the Disney Village in Paris, where you don't have to actually pay for the entry to it. Or do you have to pay to get into it? Although we'll only be at the parks for 5 days, I'm pretty sure we'd go to Downtown Disney for dinner other days, because that's what we've always done in France.

Thanks for any help! =D

...jen.

enjen

Original Poster
aw thanks :kiss:

aw really? =[
iwas hoping it would have like a rainforest cafe and a planet hollywood

they are our favourites at DLP =D

Plus i'd like it coz i love shopping for disney stuff, being as cool as i am :animwink:

Tinkerbella16

DTD is free to get in. We love it there! We spend the evenings during our trip there (since we go in november, parks usually close by 7-8:00), and POR and POFQ has a boat to dtd, so it is nice to get away from the busses for once.

And yes, DTD does have the Rainforest Cafe...my mother and I will be having dinner there this year..we love it! And DTD Westside has Planet Hollywood, one of my favorite restaurants on property! Both DTD and DTD Westside are free to get into, but have separate entrances I believe. You get on the same bus if using disney transportation, but the bus will stop at both places. They are right next door to eachother. :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One thing; DTD is a lot bigger than the Paris version (though the latter is coming on fine!)

East to west you have the village marketplace (the original shopping village) then Pleasure Island (the original nightclub complex - not so much so now) and then westside (more generic shops, newer restaurants and the AMC cinema & Cirque show)

Entrance is free, and similar in style to Paris (though there are no resorts at one end)

Eats are quicker and slightly cheaper around the village, more `restaurant type` in Westside. From end to end the whole waterfront area is 0.7 miles, so be ready to explore and remember where you park!

Here`s a food list http://allears.net/btp/dd_rest.htm

And a BIG map: http://www.orlandowelcomecenter.com/images/disney-world-downtown-disney-map.jpg

enjen

Original Poster
thanks for your guys help =]

ahhh im so excited XD

unfortunately im 16 and a couple of years too young for pleasure island =/

i've heard on this forum its not that great anyway tbh.

but yay i love exploring =D in my opinion the bigger the better =p

Texas84

There is an Irish pub! :animwink: Are you going to get Fish & Chips at Epcot? :lol:

Seriously, that must be cool coming from Scotland. We still have family there. Have fun!

RAXIP

That other map of Downtown Disney is a little out of date. Please Island has a lot less now than it used to for one thing. Here is a scan of the current guide map:

(click for larger view)

Make sure to visit the World of Disney (the largest Disney store in the known Universe and my current place of enployment)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom