Down to the last couple days before my trip

magickingdom05

Well everything is now pretty much taken care except for buying my AP pass at the airport. I really got alot done with this 3 day weekend, and only have packing to do.

I just paid off my room with my debit card, have $1250 in travelers checks, of which $1000 will be turned in at the front desk at CBR to put on my room key for meals and souveniors, $100 to be used for my town car to and from MCO and the other $150 pocket money for whatever.

The great thing is no after vacation bills since it is all being paid for in cash.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

duchess1576

You can do that?

Give money to the front desk and just use your Disney card to pay for food and souveneirs? Can I leave them cash or does it have to be traveler's checks or a credit card? Do I get back the cash I don't spend or is it stuck on the card forever?

So, is this the same Disney card that holds my meal plan points or do I get a different card for that? If it's the same card, I have to be sure to tell the restaurants whether I'm paying with my meal plan or money, right?

This really probably not as confusing as I'm making it out to be, right?

Upvote 0

jesserin

Nope you are making it much more confusing than it is... :D

You can attatch your room key/tickets/dining plan (all one card) to a credit card and also charge purchases - so that you only have to carry around one card the whole trip! You can also give the front desk a certain amount of cash and they'll put that as a credit on your card- so it works the same way as your credit card...

Your dining plan will automatically update each time you use it - and instead of getting a receipt with a money amount - you'll receive a receipt stating the amount of dining options you have left... for example if you go to Chef Mickey's your first evening and hand them your card - you'll receive a receipt stating you have 14 Table Service options available, 15 snack options, and 15 counter service options... make sense?

As for paying for your meal with your card - you'd only do that if you ran out of options or if the restaurant isn't on the list right? Well, just let your waiter know that you are paying for this with your resort card and not a dining option- they'll handle it from their...

At the end of your stay you will receive a print out bill of everything you charged to your card - its just that simple!

Upvote 0

jesserin

magickingdom05 said:
Well everything is now pretty much taken care except for buying my AP pass at the airport. I really got alot done with this 3 day weekend, and only have packing to do.

I just paid off my room with my debit card, have $1250 in travelers checks, of which $1000 will be turned in at the front desk at CBR to put on my room key for meals and souveniors, $100 to be used for my town car to and from MCO and the other $150 pocket money for whatever.

The great thing is no after vacation bills since it is all being paid for in cash.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Jason - I hope you have an awsome trip! I was just reading your sig and here's what I read: He's staying at the Caribbean Beach this trip - how fun! And next trip he's staying at... and it took me almost 5 min to realize what TBA meant... lol! :D just had to share my blond moment...

Upvote 0

TURKEY

You sure can place the cash/traveler's check on your reservation. That way you already have a credit, then you'll be able to go to your limit.

Say if the OP places his $1000 on his account, he now sits at -$1000. He could then charge $2000 back to his account if he placed a CC on the reservation ($1000 credit, plus you have a $1000 charging limit at moderates).

If you want charging priviledges without putting a CC down, you will need to place cash/traveler's checks on the room to create a credit. If you haven't used all of your credit by the end of the stay, you will receive your money back in the same form as you put the credit on the account. Pay cash/TVC, receive cash back. Take payment for credit on CC, receive credit back to card, not cash.

IF ANYONE HAS THE DINING PLAN, I WOULD PLACE A CC ON THE RESERVATION. IT MAKES IT MUCH EASIER TO CORRECT PROBLEMS IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT USE YOUR CARD TO CHARGE YOUR MEALS. Paying cash/credit card when your dining plan doesn't work (still happens quite a bit), makes it much more difficult. Also, always keep your receipts.

Upvote 0

magickingdom05

Original Poster
Glasgow,

This is a special situation. 4 years ago, I went to WDW for my first time as an adult and had the worse vacation I ever had. I stayed way offsite and the transportation to the parks and from the parks was bad. When I went home I was actually glad that it was all over.

I guess I'm making up for the fact I had just a horrible trip, and that I want to do things right this time. Also if it wasn't for the fact that the 50th celebration was going on and all the new attractions at WDW, I probably would only be going in Feb. I guess that is what getting an AP is all about.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

My wife doesn't share the "bug" with me so the best I can do is once every 2 1/2 or 3 years. We stayed at CBR last trip - it was great

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom