Dooney and Bourke Disney Bags- Info please

aj_steig

Hey guys-

I am leaving for WDW next week, and I just became aware that Dooney and Bourke makes Disney bags (more specifically, it's called the "Disney Sketch bag, it's white with WDW/Disneyland written on it with sketches of Mickey, Minnie, etc) that are sold at the parks (it was available on Disneystore.com for about a day and then they removed it). The pic is in the attachment below.

http://www.disneystore.com/dooney-b...-bag-by-dooney-bourke-large/p/1264549/313202/

My question is: has anyone seen this bag? If so, where? I am dying to get this bag, and I am going to make it my mission to find it while I'm there. If anyone has any info, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!!:wave:

brkgnews

I did not see that particular one while I was there back in February. But that's obviously "eons" in retail terms. I know the Disney D&B bags are sold at Uptown Jewelers in MK and at other locations in the other parks.

That's not much help, I know. :lol: Maybe at least it's a start for where to look when you get there. :eek:

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

Courtney1188

Tons of stores in WDW have the bag, you should have no problem locating one. One place I specifically remember seeing it was at one of the stores on Main Street - not remembering the name, but if you're walking towards the castle it's on the right hand side, toward the end of Main Street.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Tons of stores in WDW have the bag, you should have no problem locating one. One place I specifically remember seeing it was at one of the stores on Main Street - not remembering the name, but if you're walking towards the castle it's on the right hand side, toward the end of Main Street.

Must be the glass shop unless they have remodeled since we were there last. There is a resteraunt on the end on the right then the ice cream parlor right before that. The next store before that was the glass shop. I think....:shrug:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

They had them in all the nicer shops in January. I got mine off eBay before Christmas. There's still plenty there. Search keywords "Disney Dooney". To my knowledge, 3 more fabrics/styles have come out this spring making the total 5 different fabrics/colors/styles. I have only the 1st two, tho.

:wave:

Upvote 0

aj_steig

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the info everyone! I feel a lot better knowing they're out at the parks and that I should be able to find one. When I noticed it was taken down on Disneystore.com, I was freaking out a little :ROFLOL:

Also, does anyone know how much they are selling it for?

Upvote 0

pcarathers

I too am dying to get one of these bags! I would normally NEVER pay that much for a purse, but this one I am in LOVE with......I am what my family calls a purse FREAK...lol...I have almost 40...I don't know what it is about purses....for some it is shoes,......others clothes, but for me it is PURSES!!!! Cant wait til December......that's when we get there and I want to buy it in person so I can decide which one I want for sure!!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

The sketch design is around $200-$225. The smaller one is less than the larger one. I don't know how long they'll have this particular design. With the 3 newer designs out and the sketch one being out since last November or December I wouldn't be surprised if it was discontinued before this December. If you need an idea of size for the smaller sketch bag I can take pics for you inside & out so you can tell if you need something bigger. You could decide which you want then call WDW merchandising & order it. If you change your mind you could return it. Or if you're certain which you want you could purchase it via eBay but the sale would most likely be final.

I would hate for you to miss out on the bag you really want. I balked last May at the Harvey's Seatbelt Bag I loved at WDW, decided I wanted it a few months later, called WDW merchandising, & it was sold out. I still haven't gotten over that sting. :brick::lol:

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Thanks so much for the info everyone! I feel a lot better knowing they're out at the parks and that I should be able to find one. When I noticed it was taken down on Disneystore.com, I was freaking out a little :ROFLOL:

Also, does anyone know how much they are selling it for?
c1d05be8-ed64-4473-803e-818beec8af5ccsmedarm01.jpg

:D

Upvote 0

marcriss

picture.php

The smaller is the Tassle tote and was $170 I think, the larger is the medium (cindy) tote and was $190. There is a larger sketch tote that is $220 and slightly larger than the biggest black Wonder bag. It's big. Hope this helps!

The store at the Grand Floridian seems to be a prime location for these, but they are available at each park (except maybe Animal Kingdom?).

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

picture.php

The smaller is the Tassle tote and was $170 I think, the larger is the medium (cindy) tote and was $190. There is a larger sketch tote that is $220 and slightly larger than the biggest black Wonder bag. It's big. Hope this helps!

The store at the Grand Floridian seems to be a prime location for these, but they are available at each park (except maybe Animal Kingdom?).

I'm glad you knew the prices! I wasn't sure because when I got both of mine from eBay I got them with the matching wristlets so I only remember them being like $225-ish & $250-ish. I looked at the prices while at WDW in January but only recall that after shipping it didn't seem like the seller made but a couple bucks... unless the sellers were CM's who used their discounts. :)

I adore mine. Not so sure how I feel about the 3 new designs. Of the colorful all over Mickeys on black & the sketch design I like the sketch one better. Reminds me of the older Coach Skribble design. :cool:

Upvote 0

marcriss

I like the blue pattern, but I was actually underwhelmed by the quality. The three newer patterns are all canvas. My sister got the large blue one and it just seemed so-so for the money. I do like the small blue one though, would be good for a travel kit...still pricey. I'm really hoping they release another sketch pattern in a different color. Have you seen the cruise bags? The blue handles/detailing is really nice.

Upvote 0

disneylemons

I just bought the medium off Disneyshopping.com.. I'm a purse nut and love it! We are going to be there May 21 and I can't wait to carry my purse there..its adorable!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I like the blue pattern, but I was actually underwhelmed by the quality. The three newer patterns are all canvas. My sister got the large blue one and it just seemed so-so for the money. I do like the small blue one though, would be good for a travel kit...still pricey. I'm really hoping they release another sketch pattern in a different color. Have you seen the cruise bags? The blue handles/detailing is really nice.

Oh yeah! Our dear friend's daughter honeymooned in WDW in early March (I helped 'em get the good discounts & booked all their dining :cool:). While there Kim's new hubby splurged & bought her the blue canvas Dooney. She took a pic of herself grinning ear to ear cuddling the purse w/her iPhone & sent it to her mom while we were waiting for a movie to start. Her mom & dad/our friends took one look at the picture & welled up with tears over how different she looks to them. Me & my eagle-eye snatched the iPhone and exclaimed, "Hey! That's a new Disney Dooney design!!!" :lol: At first when I saw the new designs (ala eBay, of course) all I could think of was how I haaaad to have all of them. The more I looked at them, tho, the less I like them. The biggest draw for me is that I spotted a matching wallet to the tone-on-tone khaki one. I have a *thing* for purses w/matching wallets. Did they do the matching wallets with all the canvas ones?

I did see a couple of the DCL sketch bags on eBay, too! OMG! I love love love them even if I've never been on a cruise other than dependent's cruises while Dad was still in the Navy. I'd get one in a heartbeat if we weren't trying to cut back on the spending right now. :rolleyes:

I love all things pink. I'd love to see a sketch design with a pink background. Or better yet, have Coach do a Disney-fied scribble design on pink. Ooooohh...I'd hock a kidney for one of those! :lol:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Is it just me or do they look like a kindergarten coloring project? Slightly overpriced in my opinion.

No, it's not just you. They're supposed to look that way. :lol: Slightly overpriced? Maybe so. They're not the most expensive bag I've ever gotten. One thing I like about D&B vs. Coach is if you have a D&B bag that needs repair or other professional attention they do offer different mail-in services to their customers. Coach won't even clean a bag for you. I was scared half-slap-to-death the first time I had to clean a microfiber Coach. I could just see something going wrong & me ruining a purse that was difficult for me to find & had already invested quite a bit in the full matching set-up. :hammer: I think that's another issue I'd have with the canvas bags. How do you clean those??? The sketch one you can pretty well just wipe down.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom