Dooney and Bourke Disney Bags- Info please

aj_steig

Hey guys-

I am leaving for WDW next week, and I just became aware that Dooney and Bourke makes Disney bags (more specifically, it's called the "Disney Sketch bag, it's white with WDW/Disneyland written on it with sketches of Mickey, Minnie, etc) that are sold at the parks (it was available on Disneystore.com for about a day and then they removed it). The pic is in the attachment below.

http://www.disneystore.com/dooney-b...-bag-by-dooney-bourke-large/p/1264549/313202/

My question is: has anyone seen this bag? If so, where? I am dying to get this bag, and I am going to make it my mission to find it while I'm there. If anyone has any info, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!!:wave:

marcriss

Oh yeah! Our dear friend's daughter honeymooned in WDW in early March (I helped 'em get the good discounts & booked all their dining :cool:). While there Kim's new hubby splurged & bought her the blue canvas Dooney. She took a pic of herself grinning ear to ear cuddling the purse w/her iPhone & sent it to her mom while we were waiting for a movie to start. Her mom & dad/our friends took one look at the picture & welled up with tears over how different she looks to them. Me & my eagle-eye snatched the iPhone and exclaimed, "Hey! That's a new Disney Dooney design!!!" :lol: At first when I saw the new designs (ala eBay, of course) all I could think of was how I haaaad to have all of them. The more I looked at them, tho, the less I like them. The biggest draw for me is that I spotted a matching wallet to the tone-on-tone khaki one. I have a *thing* for purses w/matching wallets. Did they do the matching wallets with all the canvas ones?

I did see a couple of the DCL sketch bags on eBay, too! OMG! I love love love them even if I've never been on a cruise other than dependent's cruises while Dad was still in the Navy. I'd get one in a heartbeat if we weren't trying to cut back on the spending right now. :rolleyes:

I love all things pink. I'd love to see a sketch design with a pink background. Or better yet, have Coach do a Disney-fied scribble design on pink. Ooooohh...I'd hock a kidney for one of those! :lol:

They only made the one wallet, it's around $189:eek:. I did get the small brown wristlet for the insane price of $40 & free shipping (they retail for $49). I'm thinking of using it for my camera.

Cleaning is my biggest issue with the canvas ones. They don't have a reinforced bottom or feet or anything. With 2 kids I see it getting nasty pretty quickly:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

MissM

Uptown Jewelers no longer has pins. They used to be a large pin station on Main Street in MK. Now, they have a HUGE selection of "designer" purses, shirts, etc.

I've seen all the styles of the D&B bag there several times.

I have no problem with the designer bags other then the fact they're not leather. I would never pay $200 for a vinyl bag. That's just insane, brand name or no brand name. If it were leather, it'd be a different story.

Anyway, Uptown Jewelers in MK is the store the poster earlier meant but couldn't remember the name of.

Upvote 0

wendysue

c1d05be8-ed64-4473-803e-818beec8af5ccsmedarm01.jpg

:D

That's hilarious! :ROFLOL:
I think I would buy none of those and then I could buy plane tickets to go to WDW again.....:lol: Or the DDP for after I'm there......

Upvote 0

JEDI PRINCESS

Dooney and bourke bags

I was there las December 2009. I had to look very har to find one, since they have limited quantities un the park store. I bought mine at Down Town Disney. But one importan thing you should khow in case you are intersted in buying one, ALL BAGS are different. The patterns are random and you should ask to see more than one to make sure you purchase the one with the pattern you like most! I love mine and people ask me all the time were I got mine.

Upvote 0

Courtney1188

Must be the glass shop unless they have remodeled since we were there last. There is a resteraunt on the end on the right then the ice cream parlor right before that. The next store before that was the glass shop. I think....:shrug:

You're right, that's exactly what I'm thinking of. They had it a week ago, so it should definitely be there!

Upvote 0

MissM

You're right, that's exactly what I'm thinking of. They had it a week ago, so it should definitely be there!
No, not the glass shop. Uptown Jewelers. They have an entire section devoted to designer items now.

The glass shop remains as-is since it's renovation and sells no clothing/bags/accessories like that at all.

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

Bag

kEEP TRYING! The two things I have learned about the disneystore.com is that:
a. If you see something you like- get it then! It might not be there anymore.. case in point- a watch I liked was gone in a week and ebay was twice as much
b. KEEP CHECKING BACK!... sometimes items are ordered and put on hold and something happens with a credit card, shipping ect.... I ordered a bulb last christmas and my friend wanted one... it came aviable again after christmas

I do have to say I ordered the black wallet purse the day I got the email and I LOVE IT! It's a little small though. I can;t spend $200 but I can spend$50! We are thing about going to November and can't wait! GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom