Don't like enhanced SM, tell you why

plaz10

I barely noticed any music on our trip in May...but it's a heck of a lot darker. The darkness makes the ride more thrilling in my opinion. Space Mountain is the definition of an "OH S*%T" ride. I find myself yelling this many, many times during the ride. You never know when you're droppin, twistin', turnin...thats what makes it fun!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I like the new Space Mountain equally, the music is ok, I dont mind it at all. What I like the most is the new post show. The ride didnt seem one bit diferent to me.

Radiorox

Never rode the "old" SM because I was too chicken to. For some odd reason I had the guts to go on it for the first time (at 32 years of age, go figure!) when I was at MK by myself over Labour Day.

I've read on the boards about the music and whatnot. The only times in 3 rides that I've heard it, is before the first turn and a few swooshes around the ride up to this high speed sound before the crazy curves at the end.

If it has more music than that, this music fan has NOT heard it. With the refurb you'd figure Imagineers would have found a way to stick the soundtrack onto the ride vehicles themselves?

Jackie

hpyhnt 1000

Never rode the "old" SM because I was too chicken to. For some odd reason I had the guts to go on it for the first time (at 32 years of age, go figure!) when I was at MK by myself over Labour Day.

I've read on the boards about the music and whatnot. The only times in 3 rides that I've heard it, is before the first turn and a few swooshes around the ride up to this high speed sound before the crazy curves at the end.

If it has more music than that, this music fan has NOT heard it. With the refurb you'd figure Imagineers would have found a way to stick the soundtrack onto the ride vehicles themselves?

Jackie

They did. TDO didn't want to pay for it.

I personally don't mind the music and sound effects as it does add to the sense of speed, particularly with the helix toward the end. It would be nice if they turned the volume up a bit though; there a few dead spots along the track where the music is really too faint.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The music is barely audible now. Such a waste. But it never told you where you were on track since it is just a generic loop.

The spot fx that do tell you where you are generally happen at or after any particular track section.

Animaniac93-98

The only time I noticed any sound fx during the ride was towards the end, before the second tunnel. I'm sure quieter chain lifts would help with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom