Don't care about...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Tower of terror, all you do is go up and down, you can do that in a lift
Test track, big deal ive done 120 mph on the autobhan
Cindys castle, pah weve proper castles in Edinburgh and Stirling
Its tough to be a bug, give me a break I lived in a tent in a forest for two months.
Mission Space, call that G, try driving with my wife
Splash mountain, I ve got damper splashing in puddles
Big Thunder mountain, only a thrill if you havnt travelled on Virgin trains
The Muppet show, just anopther day in this office
Buzz Light year, like paint balling minus the fun

But other than that its brilliant. :animwink:

careship

The onnly thing mentioned above that wouldn't phase me a bit would be the Swiss Family Treehouse. Even though my kids can't go without going through it. ARghhhh!!! As for DAK, it's our favorite place, granted my 13 yr old wants to be a zoologist, so we have a different love for it. The carnival feel of Dinoland needs to go also though now that I think about it.

Everything else needs to stay and maybe a few things just need a facelift. The beauty of all the parks is that it has something for everyone.

As for Wide World of Sports, all I ask is that they put an ice rink there. They could have a Disney on Ice thing running there all the time and make it like Hoop De Doo and the Cirque etc.... That would really make that more usable. We like the Petty Driving Experience and that doesn't really make me trashy does it? We've also been to baseball games there and watched training camp for football there. Like I said, the parks have something for everyone.

BrerVeritas

I wouldn't mind seeing any of the stage shows go. If I want broadway-style entertainment(or sub broadway style) I'll go see a real broadway show...If I want to see a disney story repeated I'll watch the movie again.

Tarzan Rocks, Beauty and the Beast, Legend of the LionKing(sorry I know some people like this, but I've seen the broadway show twice and its much better) they all gotta go and make way for something else. When I am in a themepark I want to be moving, feel like I'm moving...or at least seeing something I haven't seen before...i.e.3(4)-D or an original story

BrerVeritas

By the way, I'd hang myself from the branches before I let them take down my Swiss Family Treehouse. SFR is my favorite non musical live action disney movie. I just love taking a relaxing stroll through the treehouse on a hot afternoon

bhg469

imagineer99 said:
Plus, I really like sounds Dangerous. It is not a bad attraction by any means. The whole "hair cutting" effect is really cool.

sounds dangerous used to be better with the older headphones they used to have those open air ones that were so much more realistic especially with the bees

phlydude

Original Poster
Pumbas Nakasak said:
Tower of terror, all you do is go up and down, you can do that in a lift
Test track, big deal ive done 120 mph on the autobhan
Cindys castle, pah weve proper castles in Edinburgh and Stirling
Its tough to be a bug, give me a break I lived in a tent in a forest for two months.
Mission Space, call that G, try driving with my wife
Splash mountain, I ve got damper splashing in puddles
Big Thunder mountain, only a thrill if you havnt travelled on Virgin trains
The Muppet show, just anopther day in this office
Buzz Light year, like paint balling minus the fun

But other than that its brilliant. :animwink:

Only 120 on the Autobahn??? I've gone faster than that on I-495 in DE in a 65 zone!!

Boo's Mom

phlydude said:
Hate to break it to you but that "white-trash NASCAR driver" makes more money in one race than you do in a year. In a year, they'll make more money than you will in your lifetime. NASCAR is the most popular sport in America (feel free to check for yourself). As for it cheapening the "resort feel" there are plenty of things that could do that but we are not comparing a beach front hotel in Grand Cayman to the Poly nor could we.

As far as the golf goes, YOU should feel lucky to be able to step on the same grass that the best players in the world play on 2-3 per year. It's not Pebble Beach, Augusta or Pine Hills but it's better than any course I can find open to the public in my area (and they are better than most of the country clubs in my area too - DuPont and Avondale might be a little better).

Don't knock things you don't like because you sound ignorant when you do.

BTW - this thread was intended to be about attractions in the parks. Thanks for posting though

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: yay I totally agree!! finally somebody agrees with me

Boo's Mom

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Tower of terror, all you do is go up and down, you can do that in a lift But you can't go as fast with all the excitement.

Test track, big deal ive done 120 mph on the autobhani've gone 165mph at Lowes Motor Speedway.

DDB

MK - Well it was Alien Encounter....
Epcot - Innoventions, The Living Seas
Studios - The Little Mermaid
AK - Everything Besides Everest and Kali.

KaliSplash

Well, let's see.

Astro Orbiter, Indy Speedway, Barnstormer, Snow White's Scary Adventure (needs better replacement), Dumbo, Aladdin's Magic Carpets (or whatever it's called).

Epcot: Innoventions.

Disney MGM: Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Animal Kingdom: Triceratops Spin, all but the Festival of the Lion King at Camp Mickey/Minnie.

PoohB

This one may get me into trouble but my pick would be the Hall of Presidents. Does anyone actually go on that anymore. And to agree with a few others, Tom Sawyer's Island really needs to just sink into the water.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Okay, first of all, phydude. Let me get this straight. The Indy Speedway cars are ruining the environment? Ummmm, they've only been around since what the early 70's? Falls right in line with Al Gore's speech he gave about global warming, ON THE COLDEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Next, you take away any comments made by cms, or any staff of WDW, or anyone who lives in the state of FLA. They have the advantage of riding all of the rides all the time, so of course they're going to get bored with them.

I, for one, like The Indy Speedway, The Land, Snow White's Scary Adventure, etc. etc. I could definetily do without the Winnie The Pooh Ride.
I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Pooh just doesn't do it for us anymore. It was fun to watch on Sunday nights when I was a kid, but no more. But I can certainly understand why they have this ride. But that would be my choice.

Jenngusto

Well, I would have to say I could do without the indy speedway thing. It is more of a put-put ride and does not seem to fit in with the differetn themed lands in which it exists? It is not quite "tomorrow" nor "fantasy" or 'toon" . . . I am not sure why it is there and why at Disney when it looks more like it belongs in a regional or travel amusement park. . . IMO :hammer:

brisem

In MK--Indy or Pooh
AK--Birds of Flight
MGM--Muppets 3d needs to be changed
Epcot-Either the East or West Innovations

Nansafan

The Monster Sound Show was the show before Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous. We loved the participation possibilities in the Monster Sound Show. Disney is Disney because everyone can find something to do whether it be golfing, driving a NASCAR vehicle, riding in the Indy Speedway etc. Some of our best video footage was my 10 year old niece driving the Indy car while my cousin video taped the ride in the same vehicle at night. It was like the Blair Witch dark scene with continued laughing instead of terror.

phlydude

Original Poster
HennieBogan1966 said:
Okay, first of all, phydude. Let me get this straight. The Indy Speedway cars are ruining the environment? Ummmm, they've only been around since what the early 70's? Falls right in line with Al Gore's speech he gave about global warming, ON THE COLDEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a tree hugging hippie! I am just very sensitive to exhaust fumes and cleaners. They all give me a headache. I'm not saying that those in particular are ruining the environment, I am say that they and every other 2 cycle engine put out enough exhaust to choke a horse which in turn is not making things better! You better believe if I could get my hands on a 1970 Chevelle 454 LS6 getting 8 MPG, I'd be all over it!

Next, you take away any comments made by cms, or any staff of WDW, or anyone who lives in the state of FLA. They have the advantage of riding all of the rides all the time, so of course they're going to get bored with them.

I agree that they will get bored which is why I commented to that. People could say that they could do without Space Mountain. But yet, when they go twice a month, they always ride it. Sure it may get boring to do the same things over and over again but this place was not built to be the "local amusement park". It was built to be a tourist destination where people from all over the globe could come to experience the magic that is Disney. If I lived in FL, I would be there at every opportunity I could (much to the chagrin of my wife :( ) and I'm sure I would get bored with things doing them over and over again however I would understand that they need to continue to be there. They are popular for the casual to infrequent visitor which are the majority of those visiting during the busier times of the year.

phlydude

Original Poster
PoohB said:
This one may get me into trouble but my pick would be the Hall of Presidents. Does anyone actually go on that anymore. And to agree with a few others, Tom Sawyer's Island really needs to just sink into the water.

I go on HoP each time I am there. It's a good show plus it's a nice place to sit down, relax and chill a bit in the A/C!!

I haven't taken time to explore Tom Sawyer's Island and won't this time since it's being rufurbished. I have to remain neutral on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom