Donald Duck turns 75 today

milewis78

Original Poster
The least they could do is a comemrative pin I'd plush, they just made all those special Figment plush but can't make anything fir Donalds 75th!

Figment 362 - the did release a pin today for his 75th birthday. It shows him in a rowboat dressed like an old time ship captain. I believe it is open edition.

KaliSplash

Happy Birthday, It's Donald's Birthday, Happy, Happy, Birthday to you!

Chorus from the 1984 Parade. Song was revamped a few years' later for Mickey's birthday and the opening of Mickey's Birthday Land. Carol Burnett was there for the official opening during the media party. Also marked opening of Grand Floridian and Norway at Epcot. Was extraordinarily good party!

MissM

Figment 362 - the did release a pin today for his 75th birthday. It shows him in a rowboat dressed like an old time ship captain. I believe it is open edition.
There's a limited edition (2,000 pins) that looks like this:
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=69673&sid=2436.1244585369.v2

There's also a Cast member only one:
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=70008&sid=2436.1244585369.v2

But yeah - I still remember how fun the 50th birthday parade was. (And that song!) Man, now I'm feeling old. That was a quarter of a century ago!

Anyway, glad you guys like the pics. I snagged them from Mom's album a few years back because they were too fun not to share. :D

thecompman

I actually remember the CBS special for Donald's 50th. It must have made an impact because I was only 5 at the time, and the first time I ever went to Disney World was when I was 23 :) It's just such a shame that they don't do those kinds of things anymore. Oh well, Happy Birthday Donald!

Sosai X

50duck.jpg

:wave:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Well, I celebrated last night by making making a ton of pancakes for my wife and I (hers banana, and blueberry for me...) and watching Chronological Donald Vol. 3 (I have all 4 though). Great night.

girlface

Is anyone else a little p'eed that a duck is gonna out live them :D

And mickey...that mouse will always have billions...A mouse :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom