Donald Duck meet and greet at the Mexico pavilion construction now complete

SwooshOU

My daughter (age 3) absolutely LOVES the Three Caballeros. We have to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour at least twice. Even at home she will watch ridethrough videos on youtube or the Three Caballeros cartoons.

While she LOVES Disney characters, and we go to Disney World once every couple weeks, she has STILL not built up the courage to actually get a picture with any character. Perhaps this meet and greet with Donald will help. :)

fmingo36

I am probably in the minority on this, but I think they should continue this trend in all of the WS countries that have relevant characters.

I agree with you. I think it makes for a more meaningful and authentic M&G. Much better than just a generic background.

hpyhnt 1000

Looks really nice, even better than the Snow White location in Germany. In addition to giving a nice photo backdrop, these M&G help the overall setting and appearence of the pavilion. Great job all around. :)

It looks absolutely great. I am probably in the minority on this, but I think they should continue this trend in all of the WS countries that have relevant characters.

My only complaint is that it looks like there is no shade. Why must Disney locate all of its M&G locations right in the sun?! By the time we get through the line, we're usually drenched and in no condition to be getting pictures!

If there actually is shade, great, but we've noticed many other M&Gs are right in the middle of the sun.

Not sure how this would work but how about fast passes for meet and greets? Guess that might not work since each meet and greet with each guest varies in times. I'm betting they could work something out though. We used to wait in line for meet and greets. No more.....too hot since I'm a teacher and we usually go in the summer. Now if we can't get character ADRs, then we don't meet any characters. :(

And oh, I just love the new area for Donald! :sohappy:

WDWFigment

Meet and Greets always get no expense spared...
:lol:

If you pay attention, you'll notice plenty of M&Gs all over property that are just held in haphazard locations (usually in the direct sunlight) with, literally, all expenses spared. Despite the locations, the lines for these M&Gs often exceed the lines for popular attractions. If they're more popular than attractions with some guests, why not put some money towards them? Oh, because some fanboys on the internet hate them or don't partake in them. Forgot about that oh so compelling justification.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If you pay attention, you'll notice plenty of M&Gs all over property that are just held in haphazard locations (usually in the direct sunlight) with, literally, all expenses spared. Despite the locations, the lines for these M&Gs often exceed the lines for popular attractions. If they're more popular than attractions with some guests, why not put some money towards them? Oh, because some fanboys on the internet hate them or don't partake in them. Forgot about that oh so compelling justification.

You're dead right. A lot of people on the forum who don't take part in the M&Gs wrongly assume that they aren't a significant part of people's time in the parks. For many, the M&Gs are a MAJOR attraction. I certainly agree that some money should go into them. A couple of M&Gs have a sustained queue of over 60mins throughout the day.

zweltar

It does look very neat, and it's better than having a M&G randomly located in the middle of a country or area.
Hopefully they leave it open and lit up when there aren't characters there so that people can use it as a backdrop for their own pictures.

MarkTwain

It looks absolutely great. I am probably in the minority on this, but I think they should continue this trend in all of the WS countries that have relevant characters.

My only complaint is that it looks like there is no shade. Why must Disney locate all of its M&G locations right in the sun?! By the time we get through the line, we're usually drenched and in no condition to be getting pictures!

If there actually is shade, great, but we've noticed many other M&Gs are right in the middle of the sun.

I agree, this is beautiful. Although many other Epcot-purists hate them, I think the M&Gs are a great way for children (and adults) to connect the stories they were raised on to real places in the world. And when they're as wonderfully themed as this, then they can even add to the environment of the surrounding pavilion, even when there aren't characters present.

Two thumbs up.
14.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom