Don Dorsey Interview

EPCOT Explorer

If they keep the current score, then they're just revising the current show. There's no way they can develop a new show and keep the music. The score and other elements of the current show are inseparable.

And if they plug new footage into the current Soarin' film, every film composer in history would either roll over in their grave or want to throw tomatoes.

But if you do end up being right, I won't really complain, just be surprised. You know I love both those scores.

You would be surprised...:lookaroun Honestly, I've thought of tons of new visuals to accompany the music.

Also, they could remaster the score, too, and add in new transitional segments if they want. Kind of like what they did with the MSEP in Tokyo.

stitch2008

If they keep the current score, then they're just revising the current show. There's no way they can develop a new show and keep the music. The score and other elements of the current show are inseparable.

And if they plug new footage into the current Soarin' film, every film composer in history would either roll over in their grave or want to throw tomatoes.

But if you do end up being right, I won't really complain, just be surprised. You know I love both those scores.

I may get bashed for this. But its just my opinion.

In terms of Soarin', the only film composer that I would want to do music for a new Soarin film would be James Horner. He composed the music for Captain EO. As well as The Rocketeer, Braveheart, Aliens, Mask of Zorro, and Titanic. As well as two Star Trek movies.

Even then, I would be sure to make sure that he would retain the overall theme of Goldsmith's music. Just hand the theme to him and have him make the music work with the new film. Again that's just me though.

GeneralZod

They still do that.:shrug:

Really? I can't believe my entire family missed that the last two times we were there! That was always one of those very small seemingly insignificant touches we really liked. I guess we will have to listen for it again next time.

EPCOT Explorer

I may get bashed for this. But its just my opinion.

In terms of Soarin', the only film composer that I would want to do music for a new Soarin film would be James Horner. He composed the music for Captain EO. As well as The Rocketeer, Braveheart, Aliens, Mask of Zorro, and Titanic. As well as two Star Trek movies.

Even then, I would be sure to make sure that he would retain the overall theme of Goldsmith's music. Just hand the theme to him and have him make the music work with the new film. Again that's just me though.

Ahh....Good choice. I agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom