Dollywood News & Updates (2015) - 30th Anniversary Celebration -

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We were there this past December - beautiful place, we'll definitely go back! Nice people too.

My husband and I are already talking about heading back during the holiday season in the future. This trip we convinced my husband's whole family to come along. His 3 brothers and their families plus the grand parents. Only half have been before. It should be a fun trip.

Nemo14

My husband and I are already talking about heading back during the holiday season in the future. This trip we convinced my husband's whole family to come along. His 3 brothers and their families plus the grand parents. Only half have been before. It should be a fun trip.
Sounds like a blast - have a good time!

Big C 73

Original Poster
Dollywood News Update:

Dollywood's latest addition FireChaser Express has had its track fully complete for sometime now along with all electrical work despite recent East Tennessee weather conditions, which have not produced an issue for construction teams. Although many parts of the project are completed there is still much work to be completed before the March 2014 grand opening.

Here are some photographs from the official FireChaser Express website on the latest progress:

Screamscape/Dollywood

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Dollywood News Update:

Dollywood's latest addition FireChaser Express has had its track fully complete for sometime now along with all electrical work despite recent East Tennessee weather conditions, which have not produced an issue for construction teams. Although many parts of the project are completed there is still much work to be completed before the March 2014 grand opening.

Here are some photographs from Screamscape on the latest progress:

Screamscape/Dollywood

Height limit is 39" my kids can both ride! Looking forward to going on this with them this summer.

prberk

I got my Skin Cap, Leather Frontier Jacket, single shot cap pistol and single shot cap rifle (no red tips on either) from Dollywood! All while singing Davy Crockett!

(no, I'm not kidding)...

Probably a good thing, since you can't likely get them at Frontierland or Fort Wilderness any more, much less hear anyone sing Davy Crockett...

Big C 73

Original Poster
Dollywood
What's Happening

The procession unto the latter decade is forth going as Dollywood draws nigh to the completion of the DreamMore Resort allotted an opening in March of 2015. In such progress, reminisceful allots are set forth for Dollywood's 30th Anniversary Celebration during the entirety of the 2015 Operating Season. Such festivities will include the return of various entertainment features and activities that have debuted in the precedent decades. Progress to attend to the preparation of future guest are being made in the present which includes the construction of new parking areas for guest and new transportation trams for the forthcoming Season. Other projects such as continual upgrades to the Blazing Fury attraction along with Thunderhead are presented within the following media source:

Attend to this thread for future updates, information, and other details regarding Dollywood.

dmw

In the Parks
No
After some forum searching, this thread appears to be the best one to ask questions (at least it has the most recent post). If there is a better way to ask about Dollywood on this wonderful Disney forum, please let me know.

It's been many years since our family last visited Dollywood. Now it is just my wife and I. We were thinking about getting season passes in 2022 and experience an entire year of special events, similar to what we did at WDW a few years back.

From what I found on the Dollywood Insiders page and also the official site, it appears that the annual events were different this year due to Covid. I guess next year might also have some changes from past years, but we're going to hope it's similar to pre-Covid. Assuming that the schedule gets back to more normal, any tips/advice for hitting all of the special events?

Also, we are thinking about staying on property for most of the visits. I go to Gatlinburg every year so no need to drive over. We will probably spend most "other" time in PF, if we wander away from Dollywood and Splash Country. Any tips/advice for staying on site? I see they opened a new resort.

Lastly, is there a fan forum like WDWMagic for Dollywood? I tried a Google search and could not find anything. After spending so much time here and learning so much, I feel lost planning a trip to Dollywood.

TIA for any and all replies!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
General Park News - (8/13/21)

Dollywood officials today announced a partnership with Wisconsin-based Holtz Builders, Inc., to develop an approximately $20 million residence hall-style building on-site at the Pigeon Forge park that will accommodate more than 750 employees. Holtz also will operate the facility as one of its accommodation locations, under the company’s International Residence Hall brand. The four-story, 136,000 sq. ft. building is scheduled for completion in May 2022 and offers a vital benefit to many seeking employment in Sevier County.

Residents would include temporary seasonal hosts who are employed at Dollywood through a variety of hiring programs. Those eligible for housing in the new complex include students taking part in the U.S. Summer Work Travel program; students taking part in U.S. college campus organizations like Campus Outreach, Navigators and Young Life; Dollywood college interns who are working on specific assignments that provide educational credits; and employees of other area businesses in similar programs through organizations like Sevier County’s Southern Hospitality Internship Program.

We partnered with Holtz Builders, because they have proven successful at helping similar destinations create housing options to support the needs of their growing communities,” said Tim Berry, Dollywood Vice President of Human Resources. “The Smoky Mountains region has proven to be one of the most popular vacation destinations in the country, and with the growth of businesses and attractions in the area, we need more employees ready to support all of those jobs. Employee housing is a crucial piece of the employment equation in this area, and we are glad to partner with Holtz to create this new opportunity here at Dollywood.”

Holtz Builders has earned a stellar reputation for creating partnerships in resort communities to create safe, efficient and affordable housing for seasonal workers. The group has developed housing complexes in other tourist destinations in Wisconsin and Tennessee, as well as facilities that will soon be underway in Maryland. Dollywood provided the tract of land to Holtz for the project. Holtz will construct, maintain and manage the new property, offering an affordable housing alternative for eligible hosts.

“We strive to provide safe and affordable housing for seasonal guests that come from around the world and from the U.S.,” said Dan Bullock, President of the Holtz Companies. “We hope we can have a positive impact on the overall experience they have here in this beautiful community in the Smoky Mountains.”

Standard rooms accommodate four residents with four beds, individual lockers, a private bathroom, a large refrigerator, study desk, and a self-contained heating and air unit. ADA accessible rooms have space for two individuals and contain the same amenities as the standard rooms. Additionally, a common kitchen, gathering space and laundry facilities are included. Wifi is included and available throughout the building.

The ground floor of the U-shaped building will be unfinished when residents move in next year, but will be completed soon after to provide additional office space and other facilities designed to support Dollywood Hosts.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Dollywood 2023 Coaster Site Plans Leaked

New Roller Coaster - (11/7/21) Plans for what Dollywood has in store for the 2023 season have leaked, which looks like the addition of a large new coaster to the backside of Wildwood Grove. According to the site plan posted on social media, the expansion will take up about half of the unused site originally cleared out for Wildwood Grove, as well as see the coaster climb the hillside that overlooks the land just below the train tracks and return back down over the first half of the ride. The second half will be a twisted layout all around the station and queue that either appears to have an inversion, or possibly a non-inverted loop element. The later of which would actually fit right in with the previous statement that this would be a large coaster for the whole family.

I’ve overlaid the layout over an aerial photo of Dollywood taken before Wildwood Grove was added, but marked off where it looks like the track will go, where the queue is (green), and then the unused portion of land still left over for future expansion of Wildwood Grove for the long rumored dark ride. It’s not a perfect overlay, but close enough to give you a general idea of the intent.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Source: of course Screamscape

General Park News - (2/16/2024) Dollywood is making final preparations for their 2024 season. This includes opening the new Dolly Parton Experience attraction in May, an expansion of the park’s operating calendar that will include 23 more open days than it did last year. Not only is this an impressive feat, but it is a follow up to Dollywood’s 2023 effort, as they added 21 extra days to their schedule last year compared to the park’s 2022 season, so combined, Dollywood will be open an extra 44 days in 2024 compared to the 2022 season.

According to Dollywood’s President, Eugene Naughton, “We really do offer something different here,” he explained. “The hearts of our hosts go far beyond the everyday tasks they complete at excellence each day. Our hosts make a true connection with our guests, making them feel like they’re part of the family. It’s been that way since the park opened. Now, our strategy of adding more attractions and resorts—five total resorts and an outdoor resort—lets us grow our infrastructure and offerings in a way that allows Dollywood Parks & Resorts to regularly be considered among the top destinations in the country. Include the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains right at our doorstep, and it really is easy to see why so many families are now making us their theme park of choice.”

A big part of the Dollywood experience are the various special events the park holds each year. This year will include:

-Dollywood’s Flower & Food Festival - April 19 to June 9
-Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Summer Celebration - June 15 to Sept. 1
-Dollywood’s Harvest Festival and Great Pumpkin LumiNights - Sept. 9 to Oct. 28
-Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas - Nov. 1 to Jan. 5, 2025

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom