Dole Whip

ncsubr1

What exactly is a Dole Whip? I hear its a great treat located in Adventureland, but I have no idea what it contains and how it tastes. Any feedback would be great, as I will be @ MK August 14th. Thanks a lot!

MGMBoy

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

They aren't that numerous in WDW, but the best place to get them is the VERY little stand in the American Adventure. Very good!

Does anyone know if they finally went back to putting powdered sugar on those things? When I was there in October (Anthrax scare time remember) they were glazing them instead. That way there was no "suspicious white powder" anywhere. Any word?

Also...If you people have only had the one flavor (cinnamon-sugar) of Churro then you need to go to Disneyland and try the Strawberry & Apple-Cinnamon flavors. They're both terrific. :D

Upvote 0

DisneyGal

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
where at in fronteerland are they? (Churros?!!!)

dang it, now I am a half a country away, and i want dole whip and churros......:(

The churros in Frontierland are right near The Country Bear Jamboree. They are sold at a little cart that looks like a covered wagon.

Upvote 0

DisneyGal

Originally posted by MGMBoy

Does anyone know if they finally went back to putting powdered sugar on those things? When I was there in October (Anthrax scare time remember) they were glazing them instead. That way there was no "suspicious white powder" anywhere. Any word?

Also...If you people have only had the one flavor (cinnamon-sugar) of Churro then you need to go to Disneyland and try the Strawberry & Apple-Cinnamon flavors. They're both terrific. :D

I was there in October too and mine had powdered sugar on it, scary though now that I think of it!!! I was there in March and had powdered sugar on mine, so I'm sure that they are back to putting it on them if they stopped for awhile. MMMMMMM....Apple cinnamon..yum!!!!

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
DMC-12 :wave: , the Taste of Chicago is on it's way! There'll be plenty of funnel cakes by the end of the month. Hopefully that'll cure your fix for a funnel cake :D

Yeah...the ones at Great America are great to.... but I have not been there in years.... ElmFest is happening out in Elmhurst this weekend... I hope they have them there...

Taste Of Chicago.... eh... waaaaaaay too many people... I get that claustrophobia feeling really easily.... I have gone in years past...great food...and the Turtle Cheese cake rocks.... but...shoulder to shoulder…people on top of people is way too much for me.:)

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

DMC-12, go early when they first" open" on a sunday at the Taste Of Chicago. it doesnt get really crowded till after "church" time, so that is the best time togo . and all the food is freshly made. Mmmmm..... cheesecake on a stick.....:sohappy:

And thanks DisneyGal for the info. next time I am there, I will look for it!

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

One of the restuaurant's that has funnel cakes is Harry Carey's. I don't really know where it is but I know if they serve it at the Taste they got to have it in the restaurant. :) As for Six Flags $35 (admission and all) for a funnel cake...that's too much for me! :lol:

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
One of the restuaurant's that has funnel cakes is Harry Carey's. I don't really know where it is but I know if they serve it at the Taste they got to have it in the restaurant. :) As for Six Flags $35 (admission and all) for a funnel cake...that's too much for me! :lol:

Harry's is on Kinzie...next door to The House Of Blues...thanks for the heads up DisneyCP...I 'll have to stop there and give it a try.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz
Blizzard Beach sells some nice funnel cakes. Great for a mid-swim snack. Mmm.

Cool...I have never been to Blizzard beach...but now I will go on my next Trip....the funnel cakes are reason enough to go now:D

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Yeah, defiatly check out Harry Caray's. the main food is expensive, but sit in the bar area, they have full menu too. and you can watch sports. otherwise, the main dining area is really nice and elegant, but not quite the sports theme I was hoping for. but take time to read everything up on the walls. there is some cool stuff.

and the harry's is also famous for their potato chips, which they also have at the taste. and the funnel cakes are at the taste too!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cherylbug

While we're on the subject of these delicious snacks, have any of you guys ever tried the KoKo Puffs at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian? All I have to say is "I'm coo coo for KoKo Puffs"!:hammer: :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom