Dole Whip

DVC1979

Original Poster
Hi, this is my first post and am not trying to be a downer or start a war. I'm just wondering what all the hoopla about Dole Whip is? I tried it last spring and
after all the raves about it, I was very disappointed. Are there any others out there who don't care for this iconic treat? My favorite treat is, and always will be,
the long gone frozen pink lemonade bars from back in the 1990's. Wish they would bring them back.

JIMINYCR

Sure there are some who dislike the Dole Whip just like some don’t have a taste for the turkey leg or any other Disney snack. I enjoy the Dole Whip and it’s one of the first things I go for when setting foot in MK on day one of my trip. I enjoy the pineapple taste, the smooth consistency of the snack , and it refreshes from the heat. It beats a simple ice cream. I can’t get it any place else, trying to make it at home hasn’t gotten me same consistency or flavor. So I can’t wait for it on a next trip back.
It is an iconic Disney snack, with a long history. Maybe you should try one that’s spiked with rum.
But the good thing is that Disney’s got a lot of other things to snack on if one thing just isn’t for you.

Raxel7851

Some people have traditions they enjoy when they visit. I for one can’t understand the infatuation with the Turkey Leg, but those things are amazingly popular. And they must be because Disney keeps selling them. For us, one of our first stops is at Casey’s and then the Dole Whip. The Frozen Pink Lemonade Bar sounds delish, although I’ve never tried one. There’s a lot of little “treats” for the culinary senses to enjoy at WDW.

JIMINYCR

Some people have traditions they enjoy when they visit. I for one can’t understand the infatuation with the Turkey Leg, but those things are amazingly popular. And they must be because Disney keeps selling them. For us, one of our first stops is at Casey’s and then the Dole Whip. The Frozen Pink Lemonade Bar sounds delish, although I’ve never tried one. There’s a lot of little “treats” for the culinary senses to enjoy at WDW.
I admit it. I not only get a Dole Whip but at some point in my trip I must get a Turkey Leg. Tradition... yes. But I love turkey legs, even though Disneys are much more saltier and greasier. I grab a handful of napkins when making my purchase and then head to the nearest restroom to wash my greasy hands and face after eating one down. :p:p:p

Raxel7851

Ok @JIMINYCR!! Now you’ve done it. On my next visit I’m going to do the Turkey Leg. I’ll make sure I grab the xtra napkins and have those little packets of Purelle with me. It’s those little traditions that make any WDW trip exciting. On a side note, I need to try those little egg rolls at the entrance to Adventure Land. The line there is always long.

JIMINYCR

Ok @JIMINYCR!! Now you’ve done it. On my next visit I’m going to do the Turkey Leg. I’ll make sure I grab the xtra napkins and have those little packets of Purelle with me. It’s those little traditions that make any WDW trip exciting. On a side note, I need to try those little egg rolls at the entrance to Adventure Land. The line there is always long.
You must. The egg rolls are a great snack. Between the Cheeseburger or Pepperoni choices, I preferred the Cheeseburger... less greasy. Dont pass up the spring rolls in China when you are at EP either.

DfromATX

Sure, we all have our favorites. I love the Dole Whip! But there are other popular snacks that don't appeal to me at all - like those egg rolls and also that Chesire Cat Tail.

Raxel7851

You must. The egg rolls are a great snack. Between the Cheeseburger or Pepperoni choices, I preferred the Cheeseburger... less greasy. Dont pass up the spring rolls in China when you are at EP either.
I’ve had the spring rolls in China. I’m definitely going to try the egg rolls at the MK.

correcaminos

The pineapple dole whip is gross to me. Too sweet and not quite pineapple enough. The lime or lemon dole whips on the other hand I love!

JustAFan

Hi, this is my first post and am not trying to be a downer or start a war. I'm just wondering what all the hoopla about Dole Whip is? I tried it last spring and
after all the raves about it, I was very disappointed. Are there any others out there who don't care for this iconic treat? My favorite treat is, and always will be,
the long gone frozen pink lemonade bars from back in the 1990's. Wish they would bring them back.
With ya. I got a Dole Whip and didn't even finish it. I was rather underwhelmed. Some like it. I guess to each his own.

Stellajack

Premium Member
It's all a matter of favorite flavors. I love pineapple and the Dole Whip is one of my "must haves" when we go. Never had a bad one. I also think the Adventureland DW is better than the Animal Kingdom DW, but that could just be my imagination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom