Doing laundry at pofq.

kasey1988

Original Poster
We will be staying at pofq for 11 days, there is on,y 2 of us but I'm thinking we will need to do a small load of laundry at some point. What is the cost? Is laundry detergent available? Thanks!

tare

Not sure on cost and yes you can buy detergent. But I would prob just bring enough for a load from home. Save some $$$.

Mukta

http://www.portorleans.org/services.php#Laundry

Washing machines and dryers are located in laundry rooms near to each of the quiet pools at Riverside and also behind Mardi Grogs (near to the Doubloon Lagoon pool) at French Quarter. Washing costs $2 per load, and individual portions of various detergents/etc — currently Tide, Clorox, Ultra-Downy and Bounce — are available for a further $1 if you haven’t brought your own. The dryers now cost $2 per hour, but if you have a big load you may still find that you need to use more than one cycle to get your clothes fully dry.

Note: all of the laundry machines near Port Orleans Riverside’ quiet pools use coins (quarters) for payment, but as from April 2013 the washers and dryers in the laundry room at French Quarter now ONLY accept credit/debit cards — you cannot use cash, nor can you pay using your Key to the World card.

jaklgreen

http://www.portorleans.org/services.php#Laundry

Washing machines and dryers are located in laundry rooms near to each of the quiet pools at Riverside and also behind Mardi Grogs (near to the Doubloon Lagoon pool) at French Quarter. Washing costs $2 per load, and individual portions of various detergents/etc — currently Tide, Clorox, Ultra-Downy and Bounce — are available for a further $1 if you haven’t brought your own. The dryers now cost $2 per hour, but if you have a big load you may still find that you need to use more than one cycle to get your clothes fully dry.

Note: all of the laundry machines near Port Orleans Riverside’ quiet pools use coins (quarters) for payment, but as from April 2013 the washers and dryers in the laundry room at French Quarter now ONLY accept credit/debit cards — you cannot use cash, nor can you pay using your Key to the World card.
Yep this.
I got a big surprise this June when I went to do laundry. I had all of my quarters all ready to go and got there to find they only take CC now. The bonus is they are all brand new machines.

jkl2000

For $14.99 you get a detergent cup you can refill at any resort. ;)

Seriously though, thanks for asking because I had the same question!

NYwdwfan

Buy the Purex 3 in 1's . Goes from washer to dryer...all in one sheet. I buy a box and put them in a ziplock bag and keep them in one of the suitcases. Always on hand and makes the suitcase smell great!

Wow - exactly what I was going to post - right down to the great smelling suitcase!! :D

JIMINYCR

:rolleyes: Remembering those days of bringing a couple of rolls of quarters in my suitcase just to have with me to do loads of laundry somewhere in the second half of our vacation. Then using the left over quarters to play arcade games so I wouldnt have to bring the loose change home.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom