Dogs at Port Orleans Riverside and Art of Animation

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Again, that’s an assumption.
Are you saying people who check in with dogs will also put them in the kennel as well?

I think its more likely people will keep the dog in the room then pay a fee to check in with the dog AND use the kennel.
btw, you're making an assumption that people won't be doing that, and I think human nature what it is, leaving. dog in the room is more likely then not.

Minnesota disney fan

Again, that’s an assumption.

I’m sure some jerks might do that.

Even when we take our dog to Best Friends Pet Care, we leave the parks at least once a day to go visit and play with her. And when we bring her, we stay (so far) off site so we can pick her up after the parks close and she can sleep with us in a pet friendly hotel, which sometimes includes an extra fee.

“Day care” at BFPC costs less than an overnight stay, which helps, plus there is an AP discount.

We love and care about our dog, and act accordingly.

It would be nice, even if expensive, to pick her up and take her back to Port Orleans with us instead of La Quinta.

So if we take an overnight trip in December (might happen) I wouldn’t mind paying the $50 for one night (or two) just to make it a special time while she is still with us. (She’s 9.)

If we were going to leave her alone in the room, it would be for a short time - for example, to go get breakfast, etc.

If she had days to get used to the room, we might leave her for 4-5 hours to go to a park, but not on day one or two. She needs time to get comfortable and to know we are coming back.

But yes, on our December Xmas party trip (if it happens) she will go to BFPC during the day and sleep with us at night. That will be a splurge and a treat for all of us.

Side note: our dog is admittedly unusually quiet. She does not bark when she hears other dogs. She does not bark when she sees people. She pretty much only barks if she hears cats outside, or if the doorbell rings and we go answer it. She actually won’t bark if the doorbell rings and we don’t go answer it LOL. I know this is unusual. But I would not bring her if she was a yappy dog.

And sometimes we do leave her home with a sitter so we can stay on property.

The only time she ever had an accident in the house or anywhere was the day after she was spayed, which is totally understandable.

So please don’t assume every dog owner is a heartless idiot who is going to leave their dog in the room from 8 AM until 11 PM to bark and pee all over the place.

View attachment 302300View attachment 302299View attachment 302298

Ah...............what a cute, happy, loved puppy! It makes me miss our dog more and more.......enjoy your time with your pet:)

Tony the Tigger

Now, last year during Irma, my fam seriously considered getting away from the gulf coast, as we wound up hit directly (was only a cat 1 by then) but if WDW had available pet rooms then, we may have left town.

We were there during Irma for our ten year anniversary. Our sitter refused to watch the dog because the hurricane was coming (we live in the Ft Lauderdale area.) So at the last minute, we booked Best Friends Pet Care, and it was the only time she ever stayed there overnight. We got her some anxiety meds, and we visited her at least twice every day for a good amount of time. I felt awful leaving her overnight, but we were staying at AKL and then GF. We were at GF, and I went to the front desk 2 days before Irma hit. Before I even asked, they said, "You know there's no way you're bringing a dog in here, right?"

When we were checking out, there were dogs everywhere. Turns out when the governor declares a state of emergency, hotels have to take dogs regardless of their usual policies. (He hadn't declared it yet when I went to the front desk.) We had already made other plans, and stayed in a nearby timeshare place. Most WDW rooms booked up fast, anyway. Had I known the law, I would have extended our stay at WDW! (The day after the hurricane, we went to the parks one more day!)

Side note: Just found out Seth Rogen and Kristen Bell were staying there, also. They had been in Miami and evacuated to WDW to be safe. Seth talked about it on the Tonight Show a few nights ago. He said, "I felt very safe because Disney can't let Kristen Bell die because she's in Frozen!"

Are you saying people who check in with dogs will also put them in the kennel as well?

I think its more likely people will keep the dog in the room then pay a fee to check in with the dog AND use the kennel.
btw, you're making an assumption that people won't be doing that, and I think human nature what it is, leaving. dog in the room is more likely then not.

I'm not making any assumptions. I'm telling you what I do, and what I plan to do. It's expensive, so it's not something I'd do every time. But if I do go, she'll be at the kennel during the day. People spend a fortune at Disney, so I don't think $50 is going to break people who really want to bring their dogs.

I can't be the only one who will do this.

It would be worse for the guests trying to enjoy their stay but have to endure barking

Oh, the horror!

If a dog barks once or for a few minutes, how is that different than kids running in the hallway or crying, etc.? You're in a shared environment, there are going to be disruptions sometimes. Now, if a dog barks constantly, they should be left home, and people know if their dogs bark constantly or not. But if there's a random bark here or there, it's really silly to get upset over that.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
The following resorts & room types allow for dogs at this time:
Port Orleans Riverside; Standard & Garden Rooms
Art of Animation; Cars & Little Mermaid Rooms
Yacht Club; Garden & Lagoon Rooms and
Fort Wilderness Cabins Loops 2200 & 2300.
That's helpful.

POR and AoA is on my short list of potential resorts to stay at for our next vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom