dog friendly resorts

buckeyegator

Original Poster
which ones are they, do you need to come back to walk your dog, does maid service have any problems with them in their kennals?

MissingDisney

Not sure if the ‘pilot’ is still going on.
Would you normally walk your dog throughout the day?
See below...note some of these locations remain closed.

Attachments

• 21D9DFC3-9D0A-41CD-BD14-C0A898B4FB2A.jpeg
    21D9DFC3-9D0A-41CD-BD14-C0A898B4FB2A.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 137

Raxel7851

which ones are they, do you need to come back to walk your dog, does maid service have any problems with them in their kennals?
We camped in FW last year and they have a really nice “bark park” for guests with pooches. It’s near the Meadows Trading post. FW is filled with so many places to walk your pet. I’m not sure about the housekeeping issue though. The cabins at FW are awesome. We also stayed at YC and there were several guests there with pets. I do think the FW cabins would be better because it’s like having your own separate house. Either way I think you’ll enjoy your time there with your pet.

JIMINYCR

Of course you have to walk and attend to your dogs needs thats been left in the resort room. How long the dog can expect to hold his bladder and bowels when you are absent all day differs. Also being housed in a strange environment can cause high anxiety in dogs which can alter their usual bathroom routines. While you are at the parks hes worried about his safety in a strange room.
The rules Disney has in place say mousekeeping will not enter the room unless the owner is present. Which is wise. Ive seen dogs rip their way out of their enclosures/ crates or find a way to open the crate doors that were not latched properly. Also dogs may be unruly when in a crate and someone they dont know enters the room without the owner inside. Normally calm dogs can show different responses when they are out of their normal element.

aliceismad

Disney World has a boarding facility/daycare for pets.

JusticeDisney

I hate that WDW does (or did?) allow dogs in certain rooms. I have a dog and love her to death, but I don’t ever want to stay in a room where some dog may have previously been staying. I don’t care what efforts are taken, that room will never truly be clean. And I also don’t care to walk around areas where dogs have been crapping. Again, I love dogs, but not at a vacation resort.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I hate that WDW does (or did?) allow dogs in certain rooms. I have a dog and love her to death, but I don’t ever want to stay in a room where some dog may have previously been staying. I don’t care what efforts are taken, that room will never truly be clean. And I also don’t care to walk around areas where dogs have been crapping. Again, I love dogs, but not at a vacation resort.
I stayed at the yacht club and loved seeing peoples cute puppies! Just as a heads up though, all hotels allow service dogs, so you probably have stayed where dogs have been. I’ve seen children be grosser and louder than dogs. My nephews can happily confirm. 😂I don’t care though when I’m at Disney. It’s a place for everyone, including pups now :) I like that they offer this, though I’ve never used it. Just avoid the YC, AoA, and whichever PO resort allowed them. I think it’s nice they offer it, but some don’t, so people who don’t want to be around dogs can avoid it easily. I think their rollout was a happy medium for people in both camps.

JusticeDisney

I stayed at the yacht club and loved seeing peoples cute puppies! Just as a heads up though, all hotels allow service dogs, so you probably have stayed where dogs have been. I’ve seen children be grosser and louder than dogs. My nephews can happily confirm. 😂I don’t care though when I’m at Disney. It’s a place for everyone, including pups now :) I like that they offer this, though I’ve never used it. Just avoid the YC, AoA, and whichever PO resort allowed them. I think it’s nice they offer it, but some don’t, so people who don’t want to be around dogs can avoid it easily. I think their rollout was a happy medium for people in both camps.
Fair points, and I totally respect your opinion. But personally, I’d still prefer that no dogs be allowed (other than service dogs, as you mentioned). And I will never buy the argument that children are grosser than dogs, but maybe that’s just me!

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Fair points, and I totally respect your opinion. But personally, I’d still prefer that no dogs be allowed (other than service dogs, as you mentioned). And I will never buy the argument that children are grosser than dogs, but maybe that’s just me!
To be fair, I don’t have kids, by choice, and have 2 rescue dogs so I’m sure I’m bias lol.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Totally agree. If you can't be parted from your dog then stay home. To those who compare children to dogs - children don't crap all over the place.
I never bring my dogs on vacation, simply because I want to relax and not have to worry about potty breaks and it would stress them out too much, but I think they should have a few rooms that are ONLY for people with pets since the are allowing them for now, that way, for the 99% of people who don’t want to be around them, they never place people without pets in those rooms. Or not allow them is fine too. I don’t have a strong opinion since I’ve never used the service. I like seeing dogs walk around but it doesn’t change my amount of fun. Lol

I did have a child poop on the floor of my wedding reception though.😂 But in actuality, while I am a dog person much more than children, There is no comparison. Children are humans and dogs are pets.

Weather_Lady

I thought that at both Disney and Universal's pet-friendly hotels, the "pet-friendly" rooms are pre-designated and grouped together, such that only those who are traveling with a pet will be placed in those rooms. If so, guests without pets don't need to worry they'll be assigned a room that was just used for a live-action Lady and The Tramp cast reunion bender - or even to a room that might have a "fur-ocious" rager going on within earshot.

Last edited:

aliceismad

Dogs shouldn't be allowed at resorts. Either keep them at home or put them in a pet care facility. We don't want your dogs barking and crapping everywhere. Your comfortability is making other people uncomfortable.
Not sure if I'm out of date or not, but Disney charges/charged a per-night cleaning fee for people who bring their dogs. And they are expected to come take care of their pets if there is a noise complaint.

Universal also allows pets and has on-site day boarding.

peoplemover

I took my dog. Only a small number of rooms in a certain section of the resort are designated as pet friendly, so for you non-dog lovers out there and those with allergies.... you would most likely be housed in a different section of one of the four pet friendly resorts. We did the cabins at fort wilderness, and it was a great option aside from the wood flooring which wasn’t exactly pet friendly. I’ve had bad experiences at pet resorts, so it was a nice option to bring my dog and have someone stay in the room with her during the day.

also, you’re still expected to be a responsible pet owner and clean up after your dog indoors and outdoors. I’m sure housekeeping sees worse in the non-pet rooms.

nickys

Premium Member
I took my dog. Only a small number of rooms in a certain section of the resort are designated as pet friendly, so for you non-dog lovers out there and those with allergies.... you would most likely be housed in a different section of one of the four pet friendly resorts. We did the cabins at fort wilderness, and it was a great option aside from the wood flooring which wasn’t exactly pet friendly. I’ve had bad experiences at pet resorts, so it was a nice option to bring my dog and have someone stay in the room with her during the day.

also, you’re still expected to be a responsible pet owner and clean up after your dog indoors and outdoors. I’m sure housekeeping sees worse in the non-pet rooms.
Just to add that although they say that most dogs will be in certain areas of a resort, in practice that isn’t always happening. At the Yacht Club, for example, there have been reports of dogs on all floors.

You can ask for a deep clean to be done on your room if you need it. But if you do need / want one then you should probably always ask for one. As previously mentioned, a service dog can have been in any room in any resort.

jaklgreen

On my last stay at the Yacht club, I saw a couple of yapper dogs, that had small children holding their leash, go at it in the porte cochere as the families were packing up to leave. None of the adults did anything. I think that if you are going to treat your "fur baby" as a part of the family, then you should be a good parent to it. Too many dog owners are too irresponsible to be bringing them to a resort. And I can't imagine doing that to my pet, leaving them in a strange room all day while we are out and about. Pets get stressed too. I think that it is selfish to do this with all but the most trained animals, like service animals.

aliceismad

On my last stay at the Yacht club, I saw a couple of yapper dogs, that had small children holding their leash, go at it in the porte cochere as the families were packing up to leave. None of the adults did anything. I think that if you are going to treat your "fur baby" as a part of the family, then you should be a good parent to it. Too many dog owners are too irresponsible to be bringing them to a resort. And I can't imagine doing that to my pet, leaving them in a strange room all day while we are out and about. Pets get stressed too. I think that it is selfish to do this with all but the most trained animals, like service animals.
:( There are some animals that are used to frequent travel that I'd be happy to stay next to. (Though personally I would still take my dog to boarding/daycare for the day if I was going to be at parks and pools all day.) Many people sadly can't be bothered to take their dog to one training class or teach them basic manners or pick up after them on walks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom