Doesn't Going to WDW Multiple Times in a Year Desensitize You to the Fun and Magic?

Dayma

We go once a year and we love it. I thin twice a year would also be nice but we have never done that.

DisneyPhD

Since 1996 my hubby and I have taken an annuap trip to WDW, mostly in the winter. We really look forward to this, too much some people say (in the winter here in Michigan sometimes it is all we live for.) Some years because of family changes (new baby, pregnancy, jobs ect...) we went a different times, but mostly once a year.

Last year after joining DVC and getting an AP we took 3 trips in 10 months (the plan was for 2, but when you have an AP it "calls" you down there. If you can just get there, you can get in for free!) A total of 24 days in the parks.

In May we took our summer vacation early, to Vero Beach (DD #2 due in Aug) and didn't plan on going to WDW at all, since we had just been there so much. We had a great time. We did miss WDW and wish we had set aside at least a day to do MK. (mostly because DD loves it so much, but for us also.) When we got down to Orlando and all the magic of the place and people just coming from MK and other parks, we did miss it. Our next trip to WDW is 9 months away right now. I am looking forward to it already.

We live a 2 hours from Cedar Point. I can take it or leave it. No big deal. I wont' go out of the way to much, but if some friends invite us we tend to go with them (not this pregnant summer.) There is no magic there, long lines and many rides, but I won't wait 2 hours for any ride any more. Sure some of the rides are really cool, but they are just rides, not experinces. I find except for airfare, it ends up costing us the same as WDW, for less quailty (hotels and park admission.) When it comes down to it, we perfere to spend our hard earned money at the best place and where all the magic is. Nothing magical has every happened to me at CP (in my many years of going there growing up.)

imagineersrock

to answer your question, two words: absolutely not.

it's just as magical each and every single time...

i go a few times a year.. now if i were there on a weekly or even daily basis... i'm not sure how that would affect my opinion..

Enderikari

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
I think the general feeling vacations have is that when they are spending thousands of dollars to go to Disney, it's better to see as much as possible.B]

Oh, I believe it, but doesn't that really go against the spirit of "Vacation?"

Who wants to return to the real world more tired than you left it?

stitch62678

This past year...my family went to Disney World twice in the same year. A first for us because we had only originally only went once every year. But going twice just made me happy. Being able to see disney at a different time of the year just made me realize how much fun it is to be around a place that makes everyone happy. I know that many people get to go a ton of times a year...but I'm excited to go just once. But I believe that we are planning a December trip again...I just hope we do at least...

But I agree that going to a place too many times can really burn you out...That goes for restaurants...

BenS

I went there 4 times in 2003 and I'd still much rather be there than where I am now, taking a 15 minute break while studying for finals. (Of course I'd also rather be in a snake pit, so that's not saying much)

KUNZEWORLD

We have been going every other year and i think that if i went more than that (as bad as i may want to!) That it would start to get a little old. This year we are going with 10 friends and i think it will make it even more fun

figmentmom

I can't wait to move to the Orlando area so that I can visit the magic as often as humanly possible! The more I go, the more I notice. Does the magic wear off? Not for me. My husband, who likes WDW but does not enjoy crowds and lines, lets me go once a year by myself for a week, and I can't tell you how much I look forward to that trip every year.

KevinPage

My wife and I moved from Long Island, NY 2 years ago, so we can visit WDW anytime we want.

Honestly, aside from a mental adjustment of not being on a vacation, it has been an incredibley POSTIVE experience.

We can go to the Halloween AND Xmas party, the Flower Festival & Food & Wine Festival. We no longer have to choose what time of year. Also, with new attractions opening lately and more to come, we do not have to wait to get on them.

I understand what you mean, I had that on a few trips where the "juice" wasn't there as it was in the past. But that was because I was on a vacation and expected to have that utopian feel as if everything was brand new each and every time. Going all the time now, I do not expect that and can appreciate the little things that go on much more. Hence, it makes the "fun" & "magic" MORE alive to me than if I continued to go on yearly trips.

To each their own, but I wouldn't change what I have for the world :D

Foolish Mortal

I consider myself fortunate that I can go once a year, but this year i'll be going twice. If it was financially possible, i'd go more. Yes, there are things that I don't need to do every year. But seeing my favorite's again and just being in the Disney atmosphere will never get old. At the end of every trip I always joke and say i'm one step closer to moving to Orlando.

MKBurn15

I wanna be able to go there all the time! Only thing is, I'm the kind of person who gets tired of something very often!:cry:

Once a year is great for me, because I love the anticipation. Getting excited about my next visit is great. I am anticipating a trip right now reading this topic even though I do not have any plans in the near future:hammer:

And just like DisneyPhD, theres nothing like escaping the winter to come to Disney World. But I still envy the people who can go as they please to the parks. I plan to move to Florida in a few years once my fiancee finishes chiropractic school. And I think I will love the fact that we can drive out to Disney on a whim especially after a long, hard, stressful week.

I can just imagine having a long day working and thinking I feel like riding Splash Mountain, lets go!

I guess what I'm saying is, I can appreciate all the opinions. :sohappy:

stitch62678

I WISH I HAD THAT FREEDOM...But I think my family wants to buy season passes and try to go as many times as possible...Like maybe a 3 day weekend if we could afford it or something...

Glasgow

I'm always afraid that the parks may get old hat if I go too often, but I've never really had to deal with the situation due to : going elsewhere on vacation, money, and time.

I think if you are careful with your plans and do things differently during each trip, you can have a vastly unique experience each time you go (up to point, of course!)

speck76

Originally posted by MKBurn15
But I love walking around in the parks sometimes.:sohappy:

I will never get tired of walking around World Showcase in the evening. Between all of the little shows going on (Chinese Acrobats et. al) and the lighting, it is simply fantastic.

Also, I can never get tired of the Plato Combonacion in Mexico.

Number_6

My experience is this: I'm almost 27 now. I have been to Disney about 12 or 13 times. I used to go almost yearly with my parents for awhile and then it was about ten years until my trip this past August. When I went in August it was with my wife(on her second trip) and our two children(on their first trip). My kids are 4 and 7 so they are still somewhat young, but were able to go on most of what they wanted to on that trip. We went the end of August, when there are less crowds because the local kids are back in school and all the rest of the kids in the US are back or getting ready to go back, plus it's a bit warm down there in August. As I said, we did almost everything we wanted to do. Things worked out that we were able to go back in February during the school vacation week. A bit cooler, alot more crowded. This is, since we had technically just been, there wasn't as much urgency to do some of the things. My son was finally tall enough for Mission:Space and Space Mountain so we got on those twice and also did a few other things that we hadn't back in August. Every time that I go down there, I feel like I'm coming home again. It's a wonderful feeling. If we can get all the paperwork done in time, then in October it will be us coming home because we are going to be moving down there. Part of it is that my wife and I have both always wanted to, but never had the resources before and now we do. But it is also partly because my wife has Seasonal Affective Disorder and gets very depressed in the winter with all the trees and plants being bare, the weather sometimes being too cold to do things outdoors and such and every winter it takes longer for her to recover. A move to someplace like Florida will be much better for her so that's what we're going to do. I can't wait.

CmdrTostada

I think I have gone ten times this year, i think about 2 years ago i went fifty times. After awhile it does start to lose the magic, but its still fun. Since Im a teenager I usually just kind of make fun of everything. I love disney world and all, but when you are my age and go a lot you just seem to make fun of the cliches and everything at the park. I go now more to be in the park than to ride the rides. If a have to wait more thatn 10-15 minutes I will not ride the ride. Its just that since I know I will be back in a month at the most I can wait, which does make it better in that way.

MKBurn15

Originally posted by CmdrTostada
I think I have gone ten times this year, i think about 2 years ago i went fifty times. After awhile it does start to lose the magic, but its still fun. Since Im a teenager I usually just kind of make fun of everything. I love disney world and all, but when you are my age and go a lot you just seem to make fun of the cliches and everything at the park. I go now more to be in the park than to ride the rides. If a have to wait more thatn 10-15 minutes I will not ride the ride. Its just that since I know I will be back in a month at the most I can wait, which does make it better in that way.
Grr.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom