Does the Polynesian have a laundry room?

mrtoad

I am assuming the answer is yes as there is some at POR, but do they have coin-op washers and dryers at the Polynesian. We usually only pack for 1/2 a week and then do wash. It makes it easier for travel (especially with a full case of souveniers for the way home).

Thanks!

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thank you both.

I can't wait to go. I am always excited about going to WDW but I really can't wait to stay at the Polynesian. I use to stay there as a kid in the 1970s and have not been able to afford it until now. Well, it is out of what I should budget but we really want to do it so we are doing what ever it takes to make it happen.

Thanks again!

Mike

Upvote 0

Goin2dizney

I personally think the Poly has one of the best.....

This sounds so weird to say this, but the Poly has one of the best laundry
facilities out of all the resorts that we have stayed at. :sohappy:
Yes, it is by the Neverland club. You will have to walk to get to it from you
longhouse, but they have a lounge to sit in with a sofa, chairs and a tv. To top it off they even have vending machines inside with soda's and snacks if I remember correctly if you want to wait. It's not a cramped little room, it has a good amount of washers and dryers. They also have the soap, softener and bleach vending machine if you forget yours. It's a little pricey, but I like to have my clothes clean when I come home.

Enjoy your trip ~ lots of envy on this end. Wish I was going.

Wendi

Upvote 0

hbrady77

I stayed at the contemporary in March and the laundry room there was HORRIBLE! Washing was fine but the drying took 2 hours!!! Basically I was up until 1AM doing laundry! Maybe I'll grab my laundry bag and head to Poly next time :)

BTW, do any of the resorts (or DW in general) have a method of providing feedback? I would love to bend someone’s ear about the dryers at CR.

-Henri

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
hbrady77 said:
I stayed at the contemporary in March and the laundry room there was HORRIBLE! Washing was fine but the drying took 2 hours!!! Basically I was up until 1AM doing laundry! Maybe I'll grab my laundry bag and head to Poly next time :)

BTW, do any of the resorts (or DW in general) have a method of providing feedback? I would love to bend someone’s ear about the dryers at CR.

-Henri

All the dryers I have used on property take for ever. You are better off using a bunch of them. In the long run it is cheaper.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Last time we stayed at the Poly; my husband and his friend took all of our laundry, coins, detergent, and a Playmate of beer and were gone for a few hours. Boy, was that nice! They even folded the clothes neatly and put them back in the suitcases.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
Debbie said:
Last time we stayed at the Poly; my husband and his friend took all of our laundry, coins, detergent, and a Playmate of beer and were gone for a few hours. Boy, was that nice! They even folded the clothes neatly and put them back in the suitcases.

I am the one who get's stuck doing it too. My wife will try to nap with my daughter while I do it.

Upvote 0

hbrady77

Ever use the laundry service available from room service? I started filling out the little form at CR last year and realized that for 4 t-shirts, 4 shorts, 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of pants and misc. undergarments it was going to cost me $75.00. What a joke, I’ll just drive to the mall and buy new cloths :wave:

Upvote 0

Kadee

MickeyKimmy said:
Check the Poly fact sheet on www.allearsnet.com - it says there is a laundry just outside the Neverland Club. Have a good trip!
If you go to the photos of the Poly on the allears site, there are two photos of the laundry room (if you care... LOL) It shows the sitting area. THis is very nice considering that the ones I have used at WDW resorts do not have this.

Upvote 0

Danijo

They do indeed have a sizeable laundry room. I used it in June. I recommend purchasing small detergent boxes to bring with you as well as fabric softener/dryer sheets as its not cheap to purchase down there. It was $2 to wash, $2 to dry. The wash cycle was about 40 minutes and the drying cycle was closer to an hour. Unfortunately, I got there shortly after a family of five arrived and took up 6 washers at the same time. She "generously" let me have one! Also, the air conditioning wasn't really working well and the TV was broken! I brought a book.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom