Does primeval whirl have issues that should be addressed?

Kramerica

Original Poster
This is a mild children's ride. My aging mother loves it. I don't think the OP would be able to ride Winnie the Pooh if he thinks this ride is too intense.

Look man, you're trying to get under my skin and I can tell. The fact that you joined today makes me not give your comments much Credence. I'm pretty confident you're trying to act like a tough guy (on a Disney forum of all places) when in reality, I'm pretty confident keeping up with you when it comes to theme parks wouldn't be too difficult. Quit trying to troll. You're not very good at it.

Now, to clarify, I wasn't asking if PW is the result of what it was designed to be. I was just asking people's opinions on how they felt about an obviously rough, questionably themes ride.

coachwnh

Our kids (9 and 7) love this ride!!!! Its ok for my wife and I, but the kids love it. Thats good enough for me. Besides, it fits with the entire street carnival atmosphere that dinoland is set up to be! Goes well with the carnival games.

invader

Honestly, there's isn't a whole lot wrong with it. I actually like it. The only reason it makes me cringe every time I see it is because I know what was supposedly planned to go there. To go from so great to so little just irritates me.

Actually, Hollywood Studios is the least visited WDW theme park.

Having a kiddie area is fine. That entire area is a joke. The midway games, the crappy looking roller coaster. Yeah, I know it looks like a road side fair on purpose. Doesn't mean it looks good.
It looks like a road side fair on purpose, and it looks good at the same time. It's fun and whimsical, something some people are dead set against.

Kramerica

Original Poster
It looks like a road side fair on purpose, and it looks good at the same time. It's fun and whimsical, something some people are dead set against.

If that's your definition of fun and whimsical, why not just go to your local county fair instead of going to Disneyworld and seeing the castle?

hellowonderland

Should we also be telling Disney to tear down the Fantasy Land Circus because you could just go to a normal circus?

I don't think you would be able to handle a county fair though. The rides would be too extreme for your delicate sensibilities. You could go to the library and read about fair attractions though. That way you can have complete control over how intense your experience is.

ha ha, Kramerica is right. Trolling is not your forte. Anyway, why bother?

Primeval Whirl makes me sick, but my husband loves it. Whereas I love Dinosaur and he thinks it's a bit too rough and jerky. To each their own; Dinoland USA has never been my favourite part of AK, but I concede that it's well themed (if you bother to look up the backstory).

scoobygirl39541

Hahaha, so its potentially better themed than the one at Disney then?

haha it is the most "themed" ride in that park! Its called the Exterminator and basically you're inside a sewer/boiler room and rats are everywhere and its mostly dark. I would say the theming is better there than Disney. Even the cue looks like a control room!

maryszhi

yes the pain! i have yet to ride that ride without bruising up or feeling pain. i get the concept, but there should be padding to protect you

lazyboy97o

I expected this to be more about the deaths. I've never found the ride to be too jerky, beyond its intent.

Hyperbole. Last time I was there, there was a wait for Tricera Top Spin. The park needs a kiddy area, despite the OP's fear of children's rides. It supplies that. If it is the "least popular" kiddy land in WDW its because Animal Kingdom is the least visited park. There have been times I've ridden on Expedition Everest 6 times in a row. So no that comparison is not legitimate.
Hardly a kids area when the height requirement for Primeval Whirl is higher than Expedition Everest's.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's actually popular with people at the park, just not the 54 year old male forum goers here. So why fix something that isn't broken?
Because it is indeed an afterthought added to increase capacity as cheaply as possible?

The whole Diorama is an off the shelf install that is designed to be removed in I think it was 3 days. No foundations, nothing to demo. The only hard lines are power and data.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom