Does parade music make anyone else tear up ever?

SallyShine

For me it's Mickeys Philharmagic and Wishes. :cry:

My nine year old son would like to add that the end of Fantasmic does it for him. He likes all of the happy characters dancing on the boats.:wave:

erinuga

i know it's not a parade, but illuminations! as soon as it begins i tear up- and don't stop til i'm out of the park!!

spectropluto

re: parade music

wow... this is a TOUGH one. Though they may not make me cry, I have VERY fond memories (personal and professional) of both "Remember the Magic" (25th Anniversary) and the "Hercules: Zero to Hero" parades.

Miss Bell

Always Illuminations (even in the car.) There is one part where the music swells--it gets me every time. Usually at the end of Fantasmic, at the part where Mickey pops up. Often in Wishes when the children sing Star Light, Star Bright.

Now I know that I am an emotional sot, but truthfully, sometimes the music on the Disney home page does me in.:cry:

Disney_Belle

Wishes does it for me.... when i hear the part of "Tale as old as time" and the fireworks come up from the sides, and the very end of wishes. I tear up in "It's a small world" because when i was little my grandmother and I would play that song on the organ everytime i went over to her house. she saw it at worlds fair and fell in love with it. when she came back she was a teacher and had her 2nd grade students do a play on "its a small world". she passed in 1999 though so whenever my family goes on it, we kind of keep and open space somewhere in our seats and like to think shes sitting on the ride with us. silly i know but its just something we do :) i also tear up when i walk through the train station the first day on my trip and see the castle!!!:sohappy: 8 more days!!!

xcrashx15

haha, do you even really have to ask? :animwink: spectromagic and illuminations both get me every time, especially since no one wanted to stay for spectromagic a few years ago and i begged. after the parade my mom said "thanks for making us stay, that was really nice and i had fun," so now it's even more special to me since we shared that "moment" or whatever.

L Fisher

When it's the last day I get all choked up. Next year I'll get choked up entering park property, parades, and fireworks, because I'll be taking my
3yr old for the first time.:wave:

dazzer68

yes the music to wishes.....
in feb this year i took my 11 yearold daughter on holiday with me to disneyworld for the first time (her mum and me are seperated) we were standing watching the wishes show and she grabbed my hand and just smiled at me! i cracked up i just bawled in the street watching the fireworks!
what made it so special was a month later, my daughter and her mum emmigrated to new zealand (im in england) and i knew it would be along time before i would see her again (oh god im blubbering again!) and i wanted her to have the disney experience before she grew up and im so glad i could do that for her, and those memories will live with us both forever.when ever we talk on the phone we are always talking about that holiday!
so thats why the wishes music cracks me up the words are all so poignant to me.
thanks i feel like ive just had therapy!

seabee1

Wishes gets me, as well as Illuminations. But the thing that gets me the most is when we walk in and come around the town square and look up Main St. to see the castle. I could have my face taped and I would still break out into a smile and tear up. From what I have heard the Christmas Illuminations are amazing, so I will probably be a mess by the end of that night this year.:xmas:

David

"Remember the Magic" does it for me as far as parade music goes. The 25th anniversary was our first trip to Disney, so it holds a special place and remembrance for me. Also, I have a recording of it that I play in my son's room as a wake-up call on the days we begin our trips to Disney. In just 25 days, I'll be playing that tape again to head off to WDW.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom