Does it look and feel like a forest?

Kman101

I appreciate those pictures. I don't think anyone is debating the courtyard where the carousel is, Pinocchio Village Haus, etc. is. It's the new area. Certain areas look fantastic, others are incredibly bare. It's not a forest and we all know TDO seems to have an aversion to trees.

RSoxNo1

Taking a picture of the Castle Courtyard area and then complaining that it doesn't look like an Enchanted Forest is a bit silly. New Fantasyland has three parts: Castle Courtyard, Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus.

Figment2005

I appreciate those pictures. I don't think anyone is debating the courtyard where the carousel is, Pinocchio Village Haus, etc. is. It's the new area. Certain areas look fantastic, others are incredibly bare. It's not a forest and we all know TDO seems to have an aversion to trees.
I've said this before, Disney does not have an aversion to trees. The majority of the property is nothing but trees.

Sage of Time

I've said this before, Disney does not have an aversion to trees. The majority of the property is nothing but trees.
Ever been to Disneyland? INSIDE the park, the place is lush and green and inviting. Main Street's town square has this great feeling of being like a walled garden.

WDW's Main Street and hub feels quite the opposite. Lots of concrete and open space. Granted, the two parks work in different spacial capacities, and scales are very different, but MK's lack of greenery on MSUSA and the hub are really a downside.

Fantasyland has the same problem. DL FL has trees and shrubs and feels endless at some points. WDW? It's getting there with the new section, but a lot of it still feels quite bounded by concrete.

Kman101

OK. That's why trees get removed and cut from plans. We're discussing inside the park, not outside. We're discussing the new Fantasyland FOREST, which is anything but. I can see the trees all around me. I was enjoying the view of the forest of trees along the highway yesterday aboard the monorail.

Figment2005

OK. That's why trees get removed and cut from plans. We're discussing inside the park, not outside. We're discussing the new Fantasyland FOREST, which is anything but. I can see the trees all around me. I was enjoying the view of the forest of trees along the highway yesterday aboard the monorail.
Animal Kingdom is also full of trees. As is Adventureland and Future World West.

Kman101

I explained what we're discussing. I was at both of those parks yesterday. I love Animal Kingdom.

Instead of blindly defending them, look at what we're discussing.

dstrawn9889

trees of any size block Fireworks views, congest walking paths... are they pretty, Yes, do they add needed shade, Yes. will there be any large trees added to the paths and walkways around the MK? Nope, not likely

Slowjack

If we're going to talk about trees, the ones I miss the most were in Future World. Now there's a vast expanse of concrete. Personally I think the Fantasyland addition is about as green as is practical.

Little Green Men

Except Fantasy Forest has added trees to many areas that had none before. Winnie The Pooh, the whole Dumbo area in Storybook Circus, by the train, and of course all the new areas, especially The Beauty & the Beast area and the Mine Train. They have a lot of trees in the Tangled restroom area and in-front of Pinocchio's Village Haus also. The trees are all relatively new and barely grown in, but to say FL is lacking in trees beyond the Carousel Courtyard is not true.

Last edited:

harryk

No - he really likes trees -- he makes sure that they are in your sight lines during fireworks displays.

Daniel Johnson

It might not be a forest....but, at night, I found it quite dark, and when in line for the mine train at dusk and after, the feeling of being in a "wooded area" is enhanced by being lower than the actual walkways around the queue. The trees that are planted will grow, giving more of a canopy. I think it's a great contrast from directly behind the castle and the little mermaids area. In time it will become more like a small forest.

flyerjab

It doesn't look like a forest... Yet!

I have no doubt that given a few years, it will look awesome - just wait until this all grows up. Though I suspect some, especially around BOG, will be kept in-check to keep the forced perspective:

These are really nice pictures. :)

I agree with your assessment that in a few years this part of NFL will be much more grown in. We have actually went through the standby line in 7DMT just so we could enjoy the trees and "foresty feel" of that area. It is really well done, especially with the piped in animal sounds.

The area around Prince Eric's Village and the BOG restaurant have also started filling in much better. And I also love the use of water in that part of NFL; the water fall from BOG that runs under the bridge towards 7DMT, as well as the waterfalls on 7DMT itself. I think that this newly expanded/refurbed part of NFL looks beautiful, during the day and at night. Over our past few visits, however, my enjoyment of the Dumbo area has fallen off a bit. I like the train station area a lot and I think that this space looks much better at night with all of the colors and the small water fountains beneath the Dumbo rides, but there could be a lot more here.

But a huge thumbs up for me for all of the work done in and around the 7DMT. I really like this area, even just to walk around and take it all in.

BoarderPhreak

These are really nice pictures. :)

I agree with your assessment that in a few years this part of NFL will be much more grown in. We have actually went through the standby line in 7DMT just so we could enjoy the trees and "foresty feel" of that area. It is really well done, especially with the piped in animal sounds.

The area around Prince Eric's Village and the BOG restaurant have also started filling in much better. And I also love the use of water in that part of NFL; the water fall from BOG that runs under the bridge towards 7DMT, as well as the waterfalls on 7DMT itself. I think that this newly expanded/refurbed part of NFL looks beautiful, during the day and at night. Over our past few visits, however, my enjoyment of the Dumbo area has fallen off a bit. I like the train station area a lot and I think that this space looks much better at night with all of the colors and the small water fountains beneath the Dumbo rides, but there could be a lot more here.

But a huge thumbs up for me for all of the work done in and around the 7DMT. I really like this area, even just to walk around and take it all in.

Thanks! I can't wait to compare them down the road... :)

Yes, the animal sounds! Twittering birds in the "forest." The whole area really is so well done, agreed. From the pine trees to the waterfall to the forced perspective, etc. and either day or night, it's just so lush and detailed. It really sets the bar for what's to come in the park. Perhaps WDW was feeling a little heat from Mr. Potter's dragon.

I haven't spent a ton of time in SC and that back area... It's not too shabby - though clearly not as richly themed. I like the details though, such as the "smoke" coming from the crashed rocket by Barnstormer. The train station is a pain, though I may be a little jaded... It was absolutely mobbed last time I was there and just not a fun experience in the hot sun (yes, the line extended beyond the covered platform!).

flyerjab

Thanks! I can't wait to compare them down the road... :)

Yes, the animal sounds! Twittering birds in the "forest." The whole area really is so well done, agreed. From the pine trees to the waterfall to the forced perspective, etc. and either day or night, it's just so lush and detailed. It really sets the bar for what's to come in the park. Perhaps WDW was feeling a little heat from Mr. Potter's dragon.

I haven't spent a ton of time in SC and that back area... It's not too shabby - though clearly not as richly themed. I like the details though, such as the "smoke" coming from the crashed rocket by Barnstormer. The train station is a pain, though I may be a little jaded... It was absolutely mobbed last time I was there and just not a fun experience in the hot sun (yes, the line extended beyond the covered platform!).

I guess I wish that there was another ride/attraction there. I don't even mind Casey's splash area, especially on hot days. I guess where that tent is in the back corner seems like there could have been another ride put there, even if just a B Ticket that was well-themed.

I also had a bad experience in the Train Station area. We got caught in a horrendous thunderstorm in that part of NFL and my youngest needed to go to the bathroom. I took his hand and we ran from the refreshment tent to the bathrooms by the station. That structure was completely flooded and we waded into the bathroom for him. I simply dreaded to think about what was in the water we were standing in. Shudder...:confused:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Having just spent the better part of 3 weeks camping in the NFLSDMTAF (New Fantasyland Seven Dwarves Mine Train Area Forest, the silly little nickname my family has for the area), I must say that my complaint is the distinct lack of port o'potties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom