Does Disney Really Respond to emails?

Flswimmer

Original Poster
Ok, so we all know that Carousel of Progress needs a refurb badly. I was wondering if Disney responds to guest emails, so I made a polite complaint on the disney website, and got the following reply,
Dear[My Name]
Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.
We truly appreciate your continued dedication to our Resort and the time you took to share your feedback. I am very sorry for the disappointment you are experiencing with the current conditions of Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress in the Magic Kingdom Park. I wanted to personally assure you that your feedback has been taken seriously and passed on to the appropriate areas. I also wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your comments. Our Guests’ feedback allows for our continual growth and the preservation of the magic Walt Disney dreamed about.
Alex, thank you again for your honest and constructive feedback.
Sincerely,
[Name of Person]
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort
I'm wondering if they truly listen, and how quickly they normally do something about it.
I love Disney, but this ride needs an update badly.

Kamikaze

They will respond to anything that doesn't have an 'idea' in it.

Doesn't mean anything will change or they will even pass the message along.

bethymouse

generic Response.

Mostly, already created responses are sent back w/ "please do not reply to this message".:(
Try Live chat. That's a nice feature.:)

Tinkerbella16

The only time I've emailed Disney was to express my praise with a cast member that was our guide on the Keys Tour. They did respond and I also got a phonecall to tell them exactly how this CM made our tour an amazing experience. I thought that was great and they assured me that he would be recognized about it. I guess it depends on the situation.

HouCuseChickie

Essentially, they take a canned response and update a few things to tailor it to your specific complaint...but yeah, pretty much a generic response. Here's the response I got to a complaint I filed about CRT last year. As you can see...there is quite a bit of language overlap in our respective responses.

I am very sorry for the disappointment you experienced while at
Cinderella's Royal Table. At the Walt Disney World Resort we ensure
that our food and atmosphere is at the highest standard at our
restaurants and I apologize that your experience was not to its greatest
potential. We are also sorry to learn of your disappointing experience
with the Cast Members at the restaurant. Our hosts and hostesses are
always expected to maintain our company's reputation for providing
outstanding guest service, and we apologize if these particular
individuals did not reflect the high standards for which our Cast are
known. I wanted to personally assure you that your feedback has been
taken seriously and let you know how much we appreciate your comments.
Our Guests’ feedback allows for our continual growth and the
preservation of the magic Walt Disney dreamed about.

RonAnnArbor

In general, they will respond to email. In general, they will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it. They have standard form letters that they send that they adapt to the situation.

In particular, I am sure they will do nothing about COP -- it's a ride that they almost tore out a few years ago, but left open due to popular demand. FOr awhile it was only open seasonly at the heaviest peak times of year. Now it seems to be a regular attraction again, although it closes before the other attractions each evening in that area. I am sure they know it needs a refurb. That doesn't mean they are going to do anything about it.

As to Cast Members -- they very much want feedback on positive experiences with Cast Members -- that is one of the things they use when looking at promotions, shift assignments, etc. They are more likely to respond to that because it means something. Complaints/comments about an attraction mean nothing.

I am sure they have tens of thousands of letters complaining about Stitch's Great Escape. Its still open.

Tigger1988

I wrote about multiple instances (during a single trip) of overflowing trashcans around the parks (with photos) and got a phone call about 2 days later.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I can tell you with certainty that when you write about a specific cast member, that DOES get passed along to the cast member's manager, and the cast member hears about it.

BrittanyRose428

I emailed Disney in December about an outstanding cast member we had, and I got the automated email, followed by another email that was much more personal and from an actual person, then I got a phone call. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the call, but they left a voice mail saying they wanted to thank me for telling them about the cast member and that they were going to make sure he'd be recognized for the good service, and the woman left her number in case I wanted to give her a call back. I never called back, I figured there wasn't much more to tell them that I didn't already put in the email.

On a more random note, anyone know how they got my phone number? I did not put it in the email lol.

Cmdr_Crimson

On a more random note, anyone know how they got my phone number? I did not put it in the email lol.

If you made reservations online or through WDTC and gave them the confirmation of your Phone # and they double check your Email to clairfy..It might be that reason...I could be way off tho.:shrug:

BrittanyRose428

If you made reservations online or through WDTC and gave them the confirmation of your Phone # and they double check your Email to clairfy..It might be that reason...I could be way off tho.:shrug:
Thats what I would have thought, but everything was in my grandparent's name/number for that trip. My phone number might have been attached to dinner reservations, but even then it would have still been under my grandfather's name. :shrug:

real mad hatter

Yes.

Well I have e-mailed WDW only once and not only did I get a quick e-mail response to my answer,I was gobsmacked about two weeks later when I call a phone call from Disney.The gentlemen [American accent] asked if I was satisfied with the answer that I received.:wave:

jaques21

YUP! I did an email a couple of years back and they got my whole party FP for any ride after a lengthy call from then but they just ask me questions like what exactly happened. I was surprised they called but impressed too.

emcclay

I always get a reply. Usually, a generic reply, then an actual person. The latest email I sent, a CM called me back.

captainkidd

I sent an email regarding the horrible new air freshener at the Polynesian that sent my allergies into overdrive. I got a call back about it informing me it was management's decision and they wouldn't be changing anything.

I then went ahead and cancelled my 2 week Polynesian stay for July.

The Empress Lilly

No disney does not reply i once send them the idea to expand the magic kingdom with another dark ride and so they stole this idea and are now building the little mermaid all i want is to be recognised for the idea and maybe get a new ecv and trailer they have not responded to my mail or telephone calls or even my ringing the door of disney executives' homes

manolete

Yes they do. I think it probably depends on the issue. I sent them a letter about problems we had at the contemporary last October I got a call, a lot of apologies and a credit. My intention was never to get a credit but to find ways to avoid having the same problem this year when we go back to the world. Some of the issues listed in this thread are not reasonable and therefore I dont think Disney should do something that is not a tangible problem.

plaz10

Yup. They responded to me. I wrote to them telling them about the fantastic service we had at Sanaa with a waitress named Kim. And how she really made the experience for us. They responded saying that the management at Sanaa would be notified of the excellent service, yada yada yada.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom