Does Disney casting use Craigslist?

jfm1228

Original Poster
As I was browsing through jobs on Craigslist today, I found some listings that have the same extact (word for word) job desciptions as those found on Disney's job website and the listings say they are Disney. Does anyone know is Disney casting uses Craiglist? It seems odd that they would since they have an extensive website dedicated to employment.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It sounds like a scam... I doubt Disney would advertise on craigslist.

jfm1228

Original Poster
thanks

thanks mkt,
I agree. I recently found one of those "Disney" listings that had an hourly rate of $13 for working in merchandising. We all know Disney doesn't even begin to pay at that rate for selling merchandise. I did apply (through Disneyjobs.com) for hourly employment. Any idea how long it could take for them to get to my application?

MagicalMouse

thanks mkt,
I agree. I recently found one of those "Disney" listings that had an hourly rate of $13 for working in merchandising. We all know Disney doesn't even begin to pay at that rate for selling merchandise. I did apply (through Disneyjobs.com) for hourly employment. Any idea how long it could take for them to get to my application?

I applied for a professional role on in mid-January, and got a call from HR at the beginning of February. hth

Crockett

Banned
As I was browsing through jobs on Craigslist today, I found some listings that have the same extact (word for word) job desciptions as those found on Disney's job website and the listings say they are Disney. Does anyone know is Disney casting uses Craiglist? It seems odd that they would since they have an extensive website dedicated to employment.
^Definitely a scam. I would report this to Disney, especially if the scammer(s) are using the Disney name.

wizards8507

^Definitely a scam. I would report this to Disney, especially if the scammer(s) are using the Disney name.

Even if it's a scam, if it's using the exact same wording from the website, wouldn't it just link right back to that same website? Pretty lousy scam lol.

Disney DOES advertise from time to time on either Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com (can't remember which, maybe both). Animal care positions are listed at the AZA website as well.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I did apply (through Disneyjobs.com) for hourly employment. Any idea how long it could take for them to get to my application?
If you live outside of Florida, don't hold your breath. They're only hiring residents for regular jobs right now.

jfm1228

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your info. I am an Orlando resident (as of 6 weeks ago) so we will see how long it will take for Disney to respond to my application. So far it has been two weeks since I applied. I'm assuming this is one of the best times of the year to get hired with spring here and summer around the corner.

daikonjam

I applied on march 3rd, got an online interview on march 15th, and scheduled an interview for march 25th. (for seasonal photopass photographer) but I live an hour and a half away, I'll have JUST graduated high school and after the summer i'll be leaving for st. augustine for college... I'm most likely going to cancel my interview, even though it would be a great experience for me :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom