Does Disney’s Vero Beach Resort deserve to be a WDW Resort?

Should Disney’s Vero Beach Resort be considered a Walt Disney World Resort?

• Yes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is considered by Disney to be a Walt Disney World Resort. Does it deserve to be considered a Walt Disney World Resort?

monorail81

No. And it shouldn’t be considered “Vero Beach Resort”, either since it’s not actually in Vero. But, Disney’s Wabasso Beach Resort doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Where does Disney list it as a Walt Disney Resort? If you look at accommodation options on the official WDW site, it is not listed as an option.
All of the signs in the rooms and lobby claim it’s a Walt Disney World Resort. During the 50th, they signage all changed to reflect it. Can’t find photos, but it at least used to be considered a Walt Disney World Resort.

Update:
I found a frame of one of the sheets in a room tour in YouTube. On the sheets it would say Vero Beach was a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel. Though, it does seem like this designation varies throughout the company.

(Sorry it’s blurry, it isn’t my photo)

Attachments

• IMG_1921.jpeg
    IMG_1921.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

esskay

Nope not at all. It's not at WDW, so it's not a WDW resort. Vero is it's own thing and a vast majority of people going to WDW dont even know exists, and even if they did they'd have no reason to want to go there.

MagicRat

Nope not at all. It's not at WDW, so it's not a WDW resort. Vero is it's own thing and a vast majority of people going to WDW dont even know exists, and even if they did they'd have no reason to want to go there.
Yeah not a Disney World resort but not wanting to go there? Just shows your bias,

Club Cooloholic

Yeah not a Disney World resort but not wanting to go there? Just shows your bias,
I think he means the vast majority of people visiting WDW have no intention of also going to the beach on their vacation, which I can't disagree with. Let's look at it this way, the percentage that DO want to include the beach into their trip are more likely to do the space coast or the gulf coast barrier islands in the Tampa region, because of price and distance. I love Vero, but if I didn't have DVC, not sure I would make it there as much.

esskay

Most things seem to be on a message board, are you what is considered “most”?
'Most' would be the thousands upon thousands of people who go to WDW but never go to Vero. Doesn't take much to work out thats a very significant majority.

MagicRat

'Most' would be the thousands upon thousands of people who go to WDW but never go to Vero. Doesn't take much to work out thats a very significant majority.
Thousands upon thousands who go to WDW, ok, again bland sample size and nonspecific. You said most in your original post based on your thought process. That would be like me saying most people who own DVC love Vero Beach Disney. I know many DVC people but not enough to suit a biased feeling.

Indy_UK

No, it’s shouldn’t be called a WDW resort. Firstly it’s not in WDW and secondly it deserves much better than being called a WDW resort.

We bought DVC here and I will not have a bad word said about Vero Beach. For the few who don’t want to vacation and do parks 12 hours a day it’s a worthwhile place to go and stay.

Where they don’t have the parks, the Cast members at Vero beach are stellar. My son always talks about Kayden at the campfire and how fun and energetic he was.

The food options are a bit meh but staying there, you need a car and there’s loads of local amazing places to visit.

esskay

Thousands upon thousands who go to WDW, ok, again bland sample size and nonspecific. You said most in your original post based on your thought process. That would be like me saying most people who own DVC love Vero Beach Disney. I know many DVC people but not enough to suit a biased feeling.
Ok, I'm ducking out here. No idea what your issue is, or what imaginary point you're trying to make. I made a pretty obvious statement that most people visiting WDW wont go there, or have any desire to do so. If you don't want to accept that, thats fine, it's no skin off my back.

castlecake2.0

Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is considered by Disney to be a Walt Disney World Resort. Does it deserve to be considered a Walt Disney World Resort?
It’s considered a Beach Destination Resort. They may use some materials that say Walt Disney World but that’s probably just because it’s easier than making specific materials for the resort, for instance that phone scam warning. Vero cast members are considered “Florida site” cast, like the cast that work in the DCL terminal in Canaveral, but they aren’t WDW cast members. They even have Vero specific name tags. Finally if it were a WDW resort it would partake in early resort entry and extended evening hours, which it doesn’t. Hilton Head and Vero are in their own little “beach destination” resort bubble.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
It’s considered a Beach Destination Resort. They may use some materials that say Walt Disney World but that’s probably just because it’s easier than making specific materials for the resort, for instance that phone scam warning. Vero cast members are considered “Florida site” cast, like the cast that work in the DCL terminal in Canaveral, but they aren’t WDW cast members. They even have Vero specific name tags. Finally if it were a WDW resort it would partake in early resort entry and extended evening hours, which it doesn’t. Hilton Head and Vero are in their own little “beach destination” resort bubble.
Yea, I’ve recently noticed they’ve changed it over to their own little category. You used to get extra magic hours and stuff for staying there… it’s interesting because many guests go to Vero before WDW. If going on a Wednesday, for instance, it would be nice to be able to go to MK after closing with your resort benefits.

It is also interesting, because the WDWAP discount works at Vero… it makes sense because it’s so close, but it all seems like a gray area that is largely inconsistent.

MagicRat

Google says Vero, Apple Maps says Wabasso. Ironically when we were there in January they still had the resort video ticker and they show the park hours.

The place is great for a quiet beach trip. All the things that people long for on this board out of Disney World but on a beach vacation. Now I am making assumptions on “people” and “all”. I hope you go experience it for yourself.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Google says Vero, Apple Maps says Wabasso. Ironically when we were there in January they still had the resort video ticker and they show the park hours.

The place is great for a quiet beach trip. All the things that people long for on this board out of Disney World but on a beach vacation. Now I am making assumptions on “people” and “all”. I hope you go experience it for yourself.
Yes, they have all the park hours and weather for both Vero and Orlando on the hotel room TVs… it’s all very interesting. It isn’t fully a WDW resort, but it certainly is partially considered one. Super weird gray area!

CaptainAmerica

Yes, they have all the park hours and weather for both Vero and Orlando on the hotel room TVs… it’s all very interesting. It isn’t fully a WDW resort, but it certainly is partially considered one. Super weird gray area!
It's not that weird. It's not AT Walt Disney World so no kidding it's not considered a Walt Disney World resort. It's also located in close physical proximity so it shares some branding and infrastructure. It's not much different than the merchandise store at the Orlando airport. Is it a Walt Disney World merchandise store? No. Not really. But kind of.

There's nothing really weird about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom