Does anyone remember this song?

timoteo

Original Poster
"Where in the world can you go to have fun and enjoy the day...hay. Where in the world is there laughter in a smile- where in the world are your childhood dreams you've dreamed your whole life long. where can the older folks and the younger folks together share a happy time- Walt Disney World, Disney World, its a brighter day..hay- American apple pie will always stay- with little children's laughter, baloons and a big parade-It's a brighter day a brand new world at Disney World, Disney World, Walt Disney World."

Does anyone remember this?

timoteo

Original Poster
That was the song on the in-room information tv channel around 1971 thru 1974. It featured a couple playing guitar. They broke into song after the resort info was finished.

Not quite zipa-dee doo dah tip for the day.

Dizknee_Phreek

whoa! really? the in-room tv info channels have been around THAT long?! i had no idea! i always wondered when they had started that channel, but i never knew it had been around since even MK's beginning! that's awesome!

timoteo

Original Poster
Now I feel old. :lol: . I was hoping someone else remembers this song. I first saw the in-room tv info channel at the Polynesian around 1974. Appartently the in-room channel started in the first year or so of the resort opening. It was a much shorter loop and concentrated on the Resots, boating, golfing, fishing and camping aspects of WDW. The rides and show stuff of the MK was not really there if I remember right. Please does anyone remember?

Mr. Toad

Originally posted by wild01ride
Did they have TV back then (J/K!):lol:

Well, sort of. I remember the TV was actually just a cut out that looked like a TV and they had a cast member in each room that stood behind it and pretended to be a TV program. It was a real glimpse of the future but kind of creepy when you were trying to sleep at night.

Timoteo:
I can't say I remember the song exactly but something about it seems familiar. I do remember the channel focusing on the other aspects of WDW but I don't remember what year I first remember seeing the channel. But it was probably the early to mid 70's. As I was an impressionable child back then it is probably why the first thing I do now when I check into the room at WDW is to turn on the info channel. It gives me that real "I'm at Disney" feeling.

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
Well, sort of. I remember the TV was actually just a cut out that looked like a TV and they had a cast member in each room that stood behind it and pretended to be a TV program. It was a real glimpse of the future but kind of creepy when you were trying to sleep at night.
o great,now ill never get to sleep when i go!
:lookaroun

minnie-mouse

Yes! I remember that song and love it!! I have been looking everywhere to try and find it on CD some where so I could play it for my children. I heard it when I was probably 3-4 and it always reminds me of me first trips to WDW. If you evern find it you have to let me know. It was one of the best promotional songs and commercials I can remember.

Sciomind

I LOVE that song!

Today I was just looking up a whole bunch of Disney stuff, and was humming that tune which I haven't heard (except when I sing it) since the seventies. Since I was already looking up Disney stuff, I typed this in Google: "where in the world can you go to have fun and enjoy the day" (with quotes)...and it took me directly to this post! So SO cool!

So yeah, I absolutely remember that song, and the video of which it was a part. I would LOVE to be able to find a copy of that video somehow!

Rob562

If it weren't for that October 2008 post, this may have vied for the most epic thread-bump ever on here... 6 years, 9 months...

-Rob

jeffmarx

Balloons and a big parade, it's a brighter day...

Wow, I totally remember this song from the in-house tv station at one of the WDW hotels (I think it was the Contemporary). The song has been in my head for the past 40 years. I'd love to hear it again or see the video of that promo I loved so much as a kid.

If anyone finds it or has it, please email me at jeffmarx@mac.com -- thanks!!!

MMDGP

You're in luck! I too remember that song from my first stay at the Polynesian in 1976 and had never forgotten the melody. As luck would have it I have been listening to numerous WDW podcasts, catching up on old episodes, and a listener submitted a recording of the song which was played on Episode 211 of the Inside The Magic podcast. I actually just found this forum and this thread because I was googling the lyrics to the song hoping to find out more about it - and now I've registered just to tell you where I heard it.

It plays around the 52 minute mark of that podcast, Inside the Magic show 211. You can find the link to download the podcast episode here:

http://www./podcasts/211/

Download the episode, advance forward to around the 52 minute mark like I said, and prepare to relive the memory.

Unfortunately, it's a VERY POOR QUALITY recording, but perhaps the best that could be hoped for considering the circumstances under which it must have been recorded back in 1976 (somebody's old K-mart cassette recorder?) Even so, it's a lot better than never hearing it again, so a great big thank you to the person who submitted that to the podcast!

MMDGP

Incidentally, while googling the lyrics to see if I could find more or better quality versions of this recording, I came across this video of an in-room promotion. Obviously it is not the original one that I remember from 1976 and in which I first heard the song, because a few minutes into the video it starts to show Epcot which wasn't around in '76. I haven't yet watched the whole video all the way to the end to see if the same song appears anywhere in it, but plan to do so later when I have more time. In any case this video ought to be of interest to you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VAULTDISNEYreturns

jeffmarx

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting that podcast!

THAT WAS THE SONG THAT'S BEEN IN MY HEAD FOR 40 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

When it got to the chorus, my face involuntarily lit up like a Christmas Tree.

Don't you just love the internet?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

jeffmarx

no video

I'm sorry to report that I've searched youtube for "walt disney world information channel" and haven't found the song among the videos posted there. But the search will continue and I'll post here if I find it. (If anyone else comes across it, would you please email me at jeffmarx@mac.com ?) Thanks!

Not to dwell though on not finding the video...

I AM ECSTATIC TO FIND THE AUDIO RECORDING ON THE PODCAST!!!!!

So strange. I totally remember it. It has been in my head for all these years, and here it is. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again for finding & posting it!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom