Does anyone remember the evening parade?

NickMaio

I have a picture of these guys........its not my pic, but I have 1 on my computer. August 2011.

Heppenheimer

I think they originally intended to bring it back after the MSEP that visited from DL finished its run, but when the hurricane destroyed the Spectromagic floats they simply decided it wasn't worth the money to fix... probably initially thought they would bring the godawful paint the night to WDW, though fortunately that hasn't happened as it is a horrible parade.
Just wondering, because I never saw it. Why was Paint the Night so bad?

thomas998

Just wondering, because I never saw it. Why was Paint the Night so bad?
It seemed to be the equivalent of a Spetromagic lite... It had a few characters walking that reminded you of Spectro, but it also had some rather cheap junkie looking floats that relied too much on LED TV type lighting. Then some of the other floats looked like they might have been Spectro floats with 3/4 of the lights missing.... Then the music just didn't really do anything for me. Spectro just has a very Disney sound to it, Paint the Night sounds more like a cheap day parade soundtrack. If you've never seen it you can probably find videos of it on the internet... Give it a look, I'm betting if you've seen Spectro you'll not be that impressed.

Heppenheimer

It seemed to be the equivalent of a Spetromagic lite... It had a few characters walking that reminded you of Spectro, but it also had some rather cheap junkie looking floats that relied too much on LED TV type lighting. Then some of the other floats looked like they might have been Spectro floats with 3/4 of the lights missing.... Then the music just didn't really do anything for me. Spectro just has a very Disney sound to it, Paint the Night sounds more like a cheap day parade soundtrack. If you've never seen it you can probably find videos of it on the internet... Give it a look, I'm betting if you've seen Spectro you'll not be that impressed.
Ah, thanks. Kind of like going from Journey Into Imagination to Journey Into Imagination with Figment? (I never saw the supposedly even worse middle step of Journey Into Your Imagination).

harryk

It's quintessential Disney. I miss it for sure. I am guessing they don't miss the traffic nightmare it created on Main St, but it just was something you don't see anywhere else. Hope they do bring some version of it back.
If they bring back some version it will be unacceptable to those of us who viewed the original many times. Somehow the imagineers fail to get the idea that 'a version' always disappoints. Just make a 'new' night time parade with lots of lights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom