Does anyone like when the parks are crowded?

TheBeatles

Original Poster
Does anyone else like when the parks are crowded? I don't mean waiting 3 hours in line or not finding a place to sit and eat. I prefer to watch shows with a full house and ride the attractions with every seat filled. I think its fun when you are part of a huge group of people experiencing the magic of the parks. Does anyone else share this feeling? My apologies if this thread seems pointless, but I haven't met anyone who likes a crowd in the World.

PS
I don't mean crowds as in "we are full to capacity".

DrJones

We were down in Orlando on 9/17/2001. The parks were very, very empty. It just didn't feel right. It didn't feel alive. I think having crowds make the park more active and enjoyable. I don't like standing in 3 hour lines, but 15-20 minutes waits are just long enough to enjoy the environment.

Uponastar

We usually go at the end of October and the parks are generally not too crowded. It is nice to not wait too long in line, but I get what you mean and I agree. I don't like looking around in POTC and seeing empty boats or empty Doombuggies in HM. I don't know why. I just like to see people on the rides with me.
We have been to WDW in June and August and the crowds are wild, but I kinda like it. I know a lot of people won't agree. It 's nice to have short lines, but it's also nice to be with a lot of people having fun at the same time.

I love the quieter times. They are far less hectic. But I also really enjoy the crowds. I guess I just enjoy being with people who like what I like. . . especially when it's WDW!

Raven66

I don't like the long lines or no place to sit and eat. For example this past May, there wasn't a seat to be had at Cosmic Ray's. It was horrible.:eek: But I love when all the seats are taken in a ride or a show. It's great to hear all the laughter of the kids (mine included). And the oooing and aaaing at the fireworks. It's just spooky when you are all alone in PoTC or the Haunted Mansion :lookaroun

Anomalied

I like to wait in a small line, just long enough that I can get that feeling of anticipation as we get closer and closer. Also, it's nice to have time to appreciate the small details that Disney puts into their queue areas instead of rushing through them.

ToTBellHop

I don't think WDW is the same without a lot of people to experience the magic with. Take the ToT as an example. Everyone in my family has ridden it, so the most fun I have now comes when I happen to be in an elevator with a little kid riding for the first time. Also, hours are extended when the crowds descend on the parks...which means more time in the parks at night! I would never trade 60-minute waits and an 11 pm closing for 10-minute waits and a 6 pm closing.

Tom

Beta Return
We always go in June, because my brother is still in college, so we ALWAYS "get" to experience crowds. Thus, I would bend over backwards to be able to go in early October, or in the DEAD time, sometime.

Sure, it's neat to see the reactions of a full theater experiencing the magic, but it would be nice to have the whole theater to ourselves too - and actually get to hear the show over the screaming kids and talking idiots (but that's a whole other topic, covered MANY times on the forums!).

My aunt and uncle went around Labor Day, on a whim, and called me from the middle of the MK, on my cell, and said, "Hey Tom - we just rode such-and-such 4 times in a row...and we've done everything here...and it's 1:00pm - and we mean EVERYTHING!" I swore at them, lovingly, and felt extreme jealousy!

basas

I think 'moderate' crowds are the best (for me anyways). I like when the parks have 'vibrancy' and the paths/ride aren't completely empty.

For example, when i visited DLR this summer, we went into Muppets and ITTBAB (both of which do very poorly at DCA), and both were about 35-40% full...really took away the energy of the show since the majority of the seats were empty, no one was screaming when the bees 'stung you in the back', etc.

Still, it is nice when you don't have to pick and choose what you want to do, and wait in line 2 hours for each ride.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
barnum42 said:
I like enough people to create a good atmosphere, but I hate thick rude crowds and huge lines for rides.
If I could have no more than a 5 minute wait at any attraction, last minute ressies for sit down meals, and never have to stand on the bus, I would be my happiest. I would like to stroll through each park at least once when it was vacant.....

TheMagicMouse

I agree, I love it when Main Street and every place in general has crouds, just to see the place crowded, but not the insanely packed crowds during the summer season. I especially love when theres a lot of people on the Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Now i've been on it many many times, but I love going on it with a bunch of people and seeing there faces when they see the cars get launched at 60 mph :lol:

debpeduz

I have to say, my family always makes every attempt to be at the parks when they first open. We especially love Main Street when there are not a lot of people around. We get to take some great pictures of the castle and we can leisurely walk through the shops without being hip to hip to other people.
Either way, we have been at the parks during the peak of summer and also the slow times of the off months, and we enjoy it either way. Seeing everyone enjoy themselves is a joy, whether the park is full to capacity or not.

Hurricane

edwardtc said:
We always go in June, because my brother is still in college, so we ALWAYS "get" to experience crowds. Thus, I would bend over backwards to be able to go in early October, or in the DEAD time, sometime.

Schedule your next trip for the week after finals. I went around December 10-15th a few times when I was in college (I graduated in 2005, so this was relatively recently) and the parks are nearly empty. Christmas decorations are up but the christmas crowds aren't present because schools are still in session. Only downside is MK closes at 6 for Mickey's Christmas Party.

Note: Editted to correct quote

mayrag

Before we had our daughter, we preferred going off-season, but now that she's in school we have to go when everyone else go.
It's nice and you enjoy more of the parks if there are less crowds. But now we are enjoying with everydoby else there. What we do is talk that we are not going to ride everything, and enjoy what we can ride and see, rather than arguing about what ride we missed.

PuertoRekinSam

I love it when it's crowded!!! I want it so crowded that MK has to go to phase 3. I want it so crowded that resorts are 90% booked. I want it so you have to make a reservation at least 30 days in advance for food.

I know this seems odd. But if it's that crowded, that means there are more people in the parks spending money. That money means more attractions, more upkeep, and REASON to open a 5th gate.

Not to mention that it means that stock prices will go up.

BRING ON THE PEOPLE!

dandaman

PuertoRekinSam said:
I love it when it's crowded!!! I want it so crowded that MK has to go to phase 3. I want it so crowded that resorts are 90% booked. I want it so you have to make a reservation at least 30 days in advance for food.

I know this seems odd. But if it's that crowded, that means there are more people in the parks spending money. That money means more attractions, more upkeep, and REASON to open a 5th gate.

Not to mention that it means that stock prices will go up.

BRING ON THE PEOPLE!

Rather interesting look at things. :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Hurricane said:
Schedule your next trip for the week after finals. I went around December 10-15th a few times when I was in college (I graduated in 2005, so this was relatively recently) and the parks are nearly empty. Christmas decorations are up but the christmas crowds aren't present because schools are still in session. Only downside is MK closes at 6 for Mickey's Christmas Party.

Note: Editted to correct quote

That's a good tip, thanks. However, this coming June will probably be the last trip he and I take together (with friends) before one of us has a wife or gf or whatever - but I DO plan to go around Xmas sometime, but not ON Xmas - I'm not that crazy!

Thomas_M

For myself I am really indifferent if the parks are busy or not.

I have been to WDW at different times of the year, my recent trip was the first week in May and found it very light, the longest wait for a ride was very minimal. Compared to when I have been in July when the parks are rammed but I find pros and cons with both.

In the lighter times of the year the main pro being the wait time for rides are pretty much nothing, but then parks close at earlier times.

During busier times obviously wait time are longer but so are the parks, and also there are magic hours offered (E-Rides back in the day, did space mountain 17 times straight)

Myself I really enjoy just talking to people while in line at rides, I mean the odds are the person in front and behind you are from somewhere else other then the state of Florida which makes for good convo, especially when people find out I'm from Canada, it's funny to see how people react when they find out. :lookaroun

Anyhow just my opinion, damn I miss WDW, and helping my friend plan his trip doesn't help either...aye! :brick:

Later:wave:

bob0012

I definatly have to agree, the rides and shows tend to be a lot better when it's full. When your on a ride or at a show that's empty (especially if you've been to it quite a few times) there is a great deal of magic missing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom