Does anyone know where the Harry Potter park will be built?

iLive4theMagic

Original Poster
I am sure this has been answered a million times, but I am new to the forums, and I can't seem to find an answer to my question. Also, where can I see an aerial view of where the park is going to be built? Thanks.:hammer:

jedimaster1227

A good portion of the Lost Continent will be acquired by the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Expect Dueling Dragons, Flying Unicorn and most scenery in that area to be rethemed. As for Poseidon's Fury and Sinbad, they will be removed to make way for new attractions.

Michael72688

A good portion of the Lost Continent will be acquired by the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Expect Dueling Dragons, Flying Unicorn and most scenery in that area to be rethemed. As for Poseidon's Fury and Sinbad, they will be removed to make way for new attractions.

Actually DD and the Unicorn will be part of Harry Potter while Poseidon is safe from expansion and will be the only thing left in the smaller Lost Continent.

eikni

I'm really disappointed. I thought the space between JP and the cartoon area was big enough until I pulled up Google maps. Marvel Island and such feel really small but you don't see how much room Spidey and such take up at the street level. I do see near the Royal Pacific there is a good chunk of land, but that will probably be another hotel and you would have to have a walk way over the road to get there. I never like seeing that an amusement park. Oh well just don't mess up the oak tree bar. I really like Lost Continent, couldn't they just bulldoze the cartoon area :animwink:.

crazydaveh

The new area will take up about 25 acres and they're going to expand it back away from the park into what's now the employee parking area.

iLive4theMagic

Original Poster
I love Universal, but the area is just so small, especially when you compare it to Disney property. I wish they would've kept more land, instead of selling it a few years back.

kcnole

They've got plenty of room to do what they need, I just wish Lost Continent wasn't being cannabilized to do so. The only thing left of Lost Continent will be Poseidon's Fury (which is supposedly going to be redone again) and Mythos. Those were the two main buildings of Lost Continent that I enjoyed anyhow so at least they're staying.

iLive4theMagic

Original Poster
Potter1.jpg
</IMG>

Great shot. Thanks!

Matpez

what is all the construction going on that you can see from the DD lift hill? (in front of the climb)

Everything on your map shows the new land on the other side of DD.

JROK

what is all the construction going on that you can see from the DD lift hill? (in front of the climb)

Everything on your map shows the new land on the other side of DD.

That's the maintence areas for the parks (paint shop/repairs), so they could be busy repairing items there. I haven't been over to IOA in a while thanks to Halloween Horror Nights, but I'll try and check it out later this week.

Matpez

That's the maintence areas for the parks (paint shop/repairs), so they could be busy repairing items there. I haven't been over to IOA in a while thanks to Halloween Horror Nights, but I'll try and check it out later this week.

They are without a doubt clearing land over there... big construction equipment, lots of dirt.

Lynx04

I love Universal, but the area is just so small, especially when you compare it to Disney property. I wish they would've kept more land, instead of selling it a few years back.

Unfortunately, the Lockheed Martin site was not sold to GE with the Universal sale. Either Vivendi saw the real estate value in the land, since they needed to cash in as much equity as possible giving the debt they had. Or, GE wasn't interested in expanding the resort so they didn't want to include it in its purchase. In any case, Universal gave up any hope of becoming a real competitor to Disney once the property was sold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom