Does anyone know what they are doing to Spaceship Earth?

EpcotMark

My source (same transportation veteran) tells me that after reviewing plans to remove the wand for Epcot's 25th anniversary, it was discovered that during the original millennium celebration, the wand's supporting structure was built into the sphere's supporting infrastructure. It is now impossible to remove the wand without compromising the the sphere's structural integrity.

The roller coaster plans are still in the works, however.

Wrong.:cool:

Shaman

My source (same transportation veteran) tells me that after reviewing plans to remove the wand for Epcot's 25th anniversary, it was discovered that during the original millennium celebration, the wand's supporting structure was built into the sphere's supporting infrastructure. It is now impossible to remove the wand without compromising the the sphere's structural integrity.

The roller coaster plans are still in the works, however.

Don't ever say that...even in jest. :dazzle:
Down with the wand!
:lol:

ToTBellHop

According to the Disney Blog (www.thedisneyblog.com) the wand is coming down this year. Also, they say that some of the show scenes may be redone. I'm not saying this will happen, just reporting what I read on their site. What do you guys think about this?
The Wand has been coming down "this year" every year since about 2002...I'll believe it when I see it.

PintoColvig

Yeah, I too find it funny when people miss obviously sarcastic posts. This thread is especially amusing. My guess is that the OP was meant to be a joke as well.

JPBartsch

A giant Figment statue will take Spaceship Earth's place.

I thought maybe it would be Stitch taking its place :eek:

Bravesfn1

According to my information, your source is wrong. :lookaroun

The wand WILL stay, whether y'all like it or not... :cool: :cool: :cool:

It's not really my source and I never said it was going to happen. Just throwing it out there, as I saw it on The Disney Blog which is a pretty entertaining site.

Xadllas

According to my information, your source is wrong. :lookaroun

The wand WILL stay, whether y'all like it or not... :cool: :cool: :cool:
Uh Huh...

Well anyone want to start a protest because heres the deal. I DONT like that theme ruining wand and I am making sure it comes down soon!:fork:

ToTBellHop

Uh Huh...

Well anyone want to start a protest because heres the deal. I DONT like that theme ruining wand and I am making sure it comes down soon!:fork:
The wand has now been up for almost 8 years. Disney couldn't care less about a 5-person protest from people on a Disney fan website. They don't need to impress us...we keep returning, and with each passing year that the wand remains, fewer and fewer people will even remember the days before the wand. That's how temporary things become permanent things

Xadllas

The wand has now been up for almost 8 years. Disney couldn't care less about a 5-person protest from people on a Disney fan website. They don't need to impress us...we keep returning, and with each passing year that the wand remains, fewer and fewer people will even remember the days before the wand. That's how temporary things become permanent things
Well I know that but Im just wishing. And who says it'd be 5 people?

ToTBellHop

Well I know that but Im just wishing. And who says it'd be 5 people?
Because people have been complaining about the Wand for five years and I have still yet to see a Million Mouse March in the Epcot parking lot...

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's not going to change anything. There are far more important issues for Disney to address than a Mickey Mouse arm that a small (vocal) number of Disney fans dislike. For example, even the most casual of guests knows that the Ghost Host's voice shouldn't cut out...

Thelazer

I'm not sure what is worse these days, the wand. Or the sorry state the rest of the geo is in these days. Look at it from the distance, half of it's dirty again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom