Does anyone know what they are doing to Spaceship Earth?

JML42691

How many rumors in this thread????

Has anybody here been counting all the flase rumors in this thread (not the sarcastic ones). I lost count.

The SSE sphere cannot support a coaster with much of any force at all, so...no coaster. The monorail expansion would cost hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars so, not likely. SIEMENS put in a LARGE ammount of money into sponsoring SSE and RoE and they will probably get just about anything they want to when it comes to these two attractions. It is rumored that SIEMENS wants the wand down, and as stated above, they will probably get their wish. And NO, the wand is NOT in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM attached to the SSE Sphere physically (look at any picture of the sphere), so the wand could come down without any major construction to the sphere besides the removal of the small stars which could be done in under a week, although the removal of the wand's structure would take longer. The "5th Gate" addition isn't likely for another 10-20 years as the current parks (ecspecially AK and MGM) need expansion and improvement. Chances are the main changes that we will see at EPCOT is a small refurb of SSE as the lighting is already seeming better, maybe even a greater,more detailed "space" scene. Another rumor(maybe a fact by now) is the new Illuminations: Sky Dancer show.

Scar Junior

Because people have been complaining about the Wand for five years and I have still yet to see a Million Mouse March in the Epcot parking lot...

:lol: Million Mouse March! Haha, nicely done Kyle. :lol:

Though there is no need to spend the money and take down the wand (from Disney's perspective), I'd at least like to see it refurbished sometime soon. If they're going to keep it, they should keep it good condition.

sambahat

Breaking News: Wand Refurb and Upgrade

While traveling between parks, I was informed by my source that the SSE Wand will be closed for refurbishment May 1 - May 15.

It is rumored that in addition to some much needed clean up and technical upgrades, the wand will incorporate Disney's Little Einsteins, a valuable property with little representation in the parks. Although details are scarce, this "plussing" is reported to include new animatronics and a new sound system.

A name change is under consideration. One possibility is "Disney's Wand with the Little Einsteins."

JML42691

While traveling between parks, I was informed by my source that the SSE Wand will be closed for refurbishment May 1 - May 15.

It is rumored that in addition to some much needed clean up and technical upgrades, the wand will incorporate Disney's Little Einsteins, a valuable property with little representation in the parks. Although details are scarce, this "plussing" is reported to include new animatronics and a new sound system.

A name change is under consideration. One possibility is "Disney's Wand with the Little Einsteins."
I'm sorry, but do you have any idea of what you are refering to??? Are there any sources that you have that would suggest that they might be doing this?:confused: Or do you even know what the wand is?? It is the big steel-supported structure that hangs above the SSE sphere. Are you thinking of something else or what? Disney and the CMs don't even really acknowledge(sp?) the wand's presence. And on top of that, Little Einsteins is a pre-schooler show that completely revolves around a fictional theme. EPCOT isn't even designed to be a park that "targets" its publicity towards pre-schoolers. A new sound system...the wand doesn't even have a sound system as is and isn't even considered an attraction. Technological upgrades...the structure is a Mickey hand holding a wand with flashing lights. It doesn't have much room for technological upgrades besides making the entire arm move which would waste way too much energy and would take about 5-10 months to upgrade, not 15 days. I have a feeling that you are coming up with the most random ideas and claiming that they are facts.:lookaroun

WHAT/WHO IS YOUR SOURCE???:veryconfu :confused: Don't say that you have a definite source that says it will happen and then go on to say that it is a rumor.

GenerationX

:lol: :lol:

Will they also be putting a gift shop in the Wand's post show area?

jmvd20

Not sure about the 5th gate stuff but I do have confirmation that the wand will indeed be expanded. It is going to be converted into a multi-use structure with shopping, dining, and a new DVC resort. They will also offer suites on the upper levels for perfect viewing of illuminations. Best part is that park admission will not be required to acess the wand as it will have it's own boat docking area along with a tunel from downtown disney, a new "budget" wedding pavillion, 2 pools (1 indoor and 1 outdoor) and of course 1/4 mile of white sand beach.

I took a short trip to Epcot yesterday, and rode SSE. During the part where you are going backward, you can smell paint when you get near the end. Also, before exiting, a woman says 'Siemens thanks you for boarding SSE', or something of that nature. The inside of SSE is getting an overhaul, and I think Innoventions has something to do with it also. I saw one of the Innoventions signs gone, definately going to be replaced with a more shiny sign. Nothing is able to be seen at the construction site, as black tarps are covering the outside. I'll keep you updated.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Personaly I think enlarging the wand is a great idea, its too small in scale for the orb. And I hope its true that the little reflectors are being replaced by lights. Can you imagine how cool a neoomn flashing Epcot would be. Youd se it from everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom