Does anyone know the story behind this Pluto incident?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Unfortunately, the clip only captures the aftermath of an incident and a chase. It must be said that whatever did happen was serious enough to upset Pluto beyond belief. Some of the comments by YouTube posters make interesting reading though :eek:

sittle

The unfortunate part of most youtube videos like the OPs link is that you're only getting one side of the story, a video journalist didn't cover this story, and we're not being shown the whole story.

The title says "kid kicks pluto and pluto chases him"... unfortunately you aren't being shown the alleged "kicking" part... The little kid could have "nutted" pluto or been inappropriate towards pluto.... They could have also been just playing/goofing around and having fun, you know, how kids like to chase dogs and vice-versa...

It's really easy to manipulate people's perspective through viral video's like this.

To the OP: there might be an actual story behind the video, but I doubt we'll ever know what it is with any certainty of truth.

bobjl527

For what it's worth, here is what I heard.

A few years ago when this video was originally posted, several people started posting on a message board who were witnesses to this event.

It happened at Disneyland. Pluto was taking a picture with a group of people. The young boy was told by an adult in his group to pull Pluto's tail to see if he barks. The boy does as he is told. Pluto nearly looses his balance. He turns and shakes his finger at the boy. The boy not liking what Pluto just did then proceeded to kick him. This is what the video failed to capture. What we see on the video is right after the boy kicked him. I always thought that characters had cast members with them to prevent things like this from happening. The character apparently thought he was going to be terminated, so he resigned that day.

Anyhow, Pluto may have taken it a bit too far by chasing him, but I can say from experience (I have worked as a character before, not for Disney but as another famous black duck) that these people dressed as characters put up with a lot. Many, many times I was grabbed, punched and kicked not just by children, but by idiotic adults as well. I saw a character at USF, picked up and dropped on a bench by a group of gangy teenagers. A friend of mine who worked at Six Flags had his nose broken while working as a troll at their Fright Fest. Pluto just might have had it with people that day and just lost it. People need to realize, even though they may be at the happiest place on Earth, these characters are only human.

bgraham34

A few years ago when this video was originally posted, several people started posting on a message board who were witnesses to this event.

It happened at Disneyland. Pluto was taking a picture with a group of people. The young boy was told by an adult in his group to pull Pluto's tail to see if he barks. The boy does as he is told. Pluto nearly looses his balance. He turns and shakes his finger at the boy. The boy not liking what Pluto just did then proceeded to kick him. This is what the video failed to capture. What we see on the video is right after the boy kicked him. I always thought that characters had cast members with them to prevent things like this from happening. The character apparently thought he was going to be terminated, so he resigned that day.

Anyhow, Pluto may have taken it a bit too far by chasing him, but I can say from experience (I have worked as a character before, not for Disney but as another famous black duck) that these people dressed as characters put up with a lot. Many, many times I was grabbed, punched and kicked not just by children, but by idiotic adults as well. I saw a character at USF, picked up and dropped on a bench by a group of gangy teenagers. A friend of mine who worked at Six Flags had his nose broken while working as a troll at their Fright Fest. Pluto just might have had it with people that day and just lost it. People need to realize, even though they may be at the happiest place on Earth, these characters are only human.

Disneyland at the time did not have handlers with their characters. I don't know if it changed but then there were no handlers. The reason for it was because most of the people that goto Disneyland are locals and park regulars. They don't usually freak out when a character comes out because they see them all the time and its not much of a fuss to them.

WishingOnAStar

Mickey must have rehired him cause I saw Pluto there on my last trip

I just recently saw this video on Youtube. Its hilarious but I wonder how Disney felt about it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5IE8PPI2Ko

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom