Does anyone know the current conditions of The Polynesian?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We had our stay planned as part of a bounce back offer for the Poly Sept 25th - October 2nd. They mentioned there would quite a bit of construction going on.

We had to change to PORS because we aren't going to be able to afford a deluxe stay this time around. The more I read the more I'm glad we changed.

WendyTinkerbell

So I've heard about people getting a really good deal on a room because of the construction. Do you have to call the resort to get the deal? Do you think they will be doing this for a May visit?

Tuvalu

Premium Member

So I've heard about people getting a really good deal on a room because of the construction. Do you have to call the resort to get the deal? Do you think they will be doing this for a May visit?

I would take what you have read with caution. Here is what @TJDinMA posted on another thread. I am inclined to believe this post:

"Hello, I called and inquired about a room discount and was told a No. I was told all of the travelers are paying the same thing and there was no need to give us a discount. They were willing to book us at a another resort. I am very disappointed. Staying at the Poly is a once in lifetime for us and we will probably end of canceling the trip because of the pool situation."

We were booked at the Poly for this June, but got a more substantial discount at GF so we switched.

Tater48

Wyland Gallery for check-in? They should be able find a better location than that. How about the Neverland Club. If they are going to be working on the main lobby in the GCH it does not make sense to me to have people walking through the lobby to get to the old Wyland Gallery and that hall way is not that wide heading from the GCH past Wyland and the CC's. Ah, what do I know. :joyfull:
The Neverland Club is down for refurbishment, too.

smarti3

Could we have photos about the GCH to see exactly how refurbishments inside are impacting the experience for guests ?
We just left there on Thursday. No construction yet at the GCH that I could tell DSCN0388.JPG DSCN0389.JPG DSCN0428.JPG DSCN0427.JPG DSCN0426.JPG DSCN0425.JPG but lots of construction in front of Tokelau by the beach. We stayed in 3913 and here are some pictures that might give you an idea of what is currently going on.... at least as of last week. Honestly I didn't mind the construction as much as I thought that I would. It did progress as the week went on and was more disruptive toward the end of our stay.

durangojim

I've heard up to 25% off, which is less than what's usually available to the general public and AP holders depending on time of year.

71jason

From TraderBailey on Twitter (new source to me): "So reservation agents are apparently being told to warn people that the Grand Ceremonial House will be closed by the end of next week."

@tikiman thoughts?

tikiman

From TraderBailey on Twitter (new source to me): "So reservation agents are apparently being told to warn people that the Grand Ceremonial House will be closed by the end of next week."

@tikiman thoughts?

My latest news article has updates from information I was sent last week, some of which indicated that the temporary check in desk will start to be built where the kids play area is inside the Great Ceremonial House. Once it is built they will wall off the front desk to begin renovations.

Also 2 story walls will be seen around the waterfall this week or next or at least that is what front desk is being told to expect. The GCH will not “close” at any time. Sections will remain open throughout the process or renovation.

Captain Cook's will be in its temporary location by the end of the month.

If the walls go up I will not be surprised and if they are delayed it would not be a shock either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom