Does anyone know how much it has cost to build Hollywood Studios?

Snow_Blossom

Original Poster
Hey,
I am trying to do a research project my family want me to do this week and the amount of money it took to build each park. Hollywood Studios is so far the only park that I can't figure out its price.
Note: I want to try and get the price from back in 1989 as I can change that to what the price would be in 2018.
Thank you :)

FettFan

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey,
I am trying to do a research project my family want me to do this week and the amount of money it took to build each park. Hollywood Studios is so far the only park that I can't figure out its price.
Note: I want to try and get the price from back in 1989 as I can change that to what the price would be in 2018.
Thank you :)
This Variety article from May 1, 1989 states $500 million.
Disney Debuts MGM Studios Theme Park

I think it equates to roughly $1.003 billion with inflation.

The original budget to open in 1989 was $300 million in 1985.

crxbrett

Some more information and references regarding the park's '89 opening day costs:

According to the NY Times article posted below, and the Variety article I linked yesterday, Disney-MGM Studios was a $500 million venture. So it seems as though the original plans for the studios in 1985 may have only been $300 million, but by the time the park opened in 1989, it ended up being a $500 million dollar project for Disney.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/1...ios-at-Euro-Disneyland-in-1996/2717627195600/NY Times
NY Times MGM Studios article from '89

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom