Does anyone know about this? Fingerprint deal....

mike7904

I got no problem with the finger scan other then the fact that for my wife and I it hardly ever works on the first few trys. It gets very frustrating when in take several minutes at the turnstyles trying to get in. Last trip we had to get our IDs replaced three separate times.

preludevtec01

Isn't the scan they take just for that certain day. Therefor meaning that no one can reuse that same ticket to re-enter the park on that certain day. We always buy the 10day park hopper tickets and we spread them out through 2 or 3 different vacations. I know for a fact we don't use the same one each trip. Also I have never had to show any sort of id to enter the park. I was just wondering if anyone has any more info on the scan? :shrug:

Eljay

Isn't the scan they take just for that certain day. Therefor meaning that no one can reuse that same ticket to re-enter the park on that certain day. We always buy the 10day park hopper tickets and we spread them out through 2 or 3 different vacations. I know for a fact we don't use the same one each trip. Also I have never had to show any sort of id to enter the park. I was just wondering if anyone has any more info on the scan? :shrug:

They started by making us AP holders scan, so they could make sure we weren't loaning out the AP's. A couple of years later, I don't remember what the length of time was, they started making everyone scan. All tickets are non-transferrable, so they are linking the finger to the original owner.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The scans are interchangeable between people who bought their tickets together. In other words, if you buy eight ten-day hopper tickets for your group and randomly hand them out between your group every time you enter a park, the system will recognize anyone from the group as a valid scan on any ticket in the group.

But once there are eight sets of scans associated with your eight tickets, a ninth person would be rejected at the turnstiles because their scan doesn't match.

Nemo14

Please have them use IDs. And make sure that when they go to a quick service dining location, they don't even look at the menu board until it's their turn to order. And of couse, they have to have a child in a stroller in all bus lines, and they can't fold the stroller or even remove the child until they get to the door of the bus.

You can opt out of biometric scanning, but you are then required to don a pair of aluminum foil Mickey/Minnie Mouse ears for the duration of your visit :drevil:...

They are probably the same people that have their home address programmed into their GPS in their car and have a garage door opener and leave the door from the garage to the house unlocked so all you have to do is get in their car, tell the gps to take you home, hit the button on the opener and then walk into their house and steal all their stuff.

Tell them to get over, #1 your on camera all the time at Disney, I am sure they use facial recognition software, which works well even with sun glasses and hats and #2 they are just making a hassle for everyone else thats there that day. Not to mention Disney does care about your finger prints they just want to make sure your ticket is yours thats all.

You know on second thought just tell them to cancel their trip so they aren't driving the rest of us nuts.

Sounds like Aunty and Unc are a couple of headcases. Or Ultra Paranoid wackjobs.
Too bad you can't choose your relatives.

Pretty harsh comments don't you think? :shrug:

dvm258

I don't know why, but if I enter any park when they open in the morning (right at 9 AM), I never have to scan my finger. When it comes time to parkhop, I have to scan to get back in. Maybe this is just to make the long line in the morning move faster? Still, it seems very unDisney-like to do that because it would leave a big gaping hole in their ticket security system. If that was true, anyone could get in with any pass as long as it is during park opening. I have a FL Resident Seasonal Pass.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't know why, but if I enter any park when they open in the morning (right at 9 AM), I never have to scan my finger. When it comes time to parkhop, I have to scan to get back in. Maybe this is just to make the long line in the morning move faster? Still, it seems very unDisney-like to do that because it would leave a big gaping hole in their ticket security system. If that was true, anyone could get in with any pass as long as it is during park opening. I have a FL Resident Seasonal Pass.
Yes, they often turn off the scan requirement at opening just to ease the flow of people. Too many people can't seem to grasp the concept and at opening it just bogs down the lines.

durangojim

Just wait until you all realize that when you put your finger in the machine, an ultra-fine needle actually pops up and takes a sample of your blood, allowing Disney to scan and store your DNA. That's why I always place a fake rubber hand on the scanner...problem solved.

draybook

Nope... Welcome to the wonderful world of teh interwebs :wave:!!

Oh, and please add "Tell them that yes, we DID land on the moon" to the list ;)!!

Yeah, plenty of harsh comments from anonymous smart mouths here.

I too am not comfortable doing the finger scans but we did do it. We might not do it this next trip and I could care less if I hold up a line. It's just something that I'm not comfortable with. I know exactly how the scans work but I'm still not ok with it.

Oh, and did we land on the moon before or after Al Gore created the internet?

Most of you smart mouths should be ashamed of yourselves with your responses. Is it really that hard to just answer the OP with a simple yes or no? Oh I forgot, being behind a computer screen makes it so easy to say what you might not say in person.

It's funny because I left a DL site because they had so many smart mouthed people and yet here I find just as many, which is a shame because this is a great site.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, plenty of harsh comments from anonymous smart mouths here.

I too am not comfortable doing the finger scans but we did do it. We might not do it this next trip and I could care less if I hold up a line. It's just something that I'm not comfortable with. I know exactly how the scans work but I'm still not ok with it.

Oh, and did we land on the moon before or after Al Gore created the internet?

Most of you smart mouths should be ashamed of yourselves with your responses. Is it really that hard to just answer the OP with a simple yes or no? Oh I forgot, being behind a computer screen makes it so easy to say what you might not say in person.

It's funny because I left a DL site because they had so many smart mouthed people and yet here I find just as many, which is a shame because this is a great site.
It is an unfortunate side effect of the anonymity that the internet provides. If there was a way to send a punch in the face over the internet I have a feeling people wound tend to be a little kinder.:lol:

sublimesting

It is an unfortunate side effect of the anonymity that the internet provides. If there was a way to send a punch in the face over the internet I have a feeling people wound tend to be a little kinder.:lol:

At least you get honesty....same as with your fellow motorists when your out for a drive. ALthough, I also find it silly that people are so afraid of Big Brother all the time. My cousin says he'd feel safer walking through harlem spewing racial hatered than he does in his own living room.:eek: I mean, the government is not coming to get you. If you are doing nothing wrong who really cares if your "tracked". It just sort of smacks of self-importance to me.:shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
At least you get honesty....same as with your fellow motorists when your out for a drive. ALthough, I also find it silly that people are so afraid of Big Brother all the time. My cousin says he'd feel safer walking through harlem spewing racial hatered than he does in his own living room.:eek: I mean, the government is not coming to get you. If you are doing nothing wrong who really cares if your "tracked". It just sort of smacks of self-importance to me.:shrug:
I think it tends to go past honesty. People will say things online just to get a rise our of someone and honesty and/or truth never really enters into the equation. Free speech is an incredibly good thing but free speech with no consequences is not.

draybook

Well, if you want to be a sheep and trust this government, have at it. I'm not paranoid, I'm just uncomfortable with it.

I was there in May and they didn't use the fingerprint machines anymore in any other parks, just the tickets.
You can call and ask, I am sure they will let you know.
They shouldn't worry about it, Disney is not keeping every persons fingerprints on file I am sure. That would be way too many fingerprints.
Take care. :wave:

tare

i think the whole scanning thing is stupid--if you have a ticket you have a ticket--its bordering on infringements of all rights

sublimesting

Well, if you want to be a sheep and trust this government, have at it. I'm not paranoid, I'm just uncomfortable with it.

But that's the thing...Disney is not the government! And the government has better things to do than track where Joe Shmo is going throughout his day. Do people really think the govt. cares?! There is a time and a place to fear authority but this is not it.

sublimesting

i think the whole scanning thing is stupid--if you have a ticket you have a ticket--its bordering on infringements of all rights

It does not border on infirnging on rights in the least or anything close to it. You have NO RIGHT to enter WDW! If they want to keep their parks safe it is their option, not yours. Furthermore the ticket gets you not only into the park but enables you to make purchases in the park. Wouldn't you love that scanner if your card was dropped and an unscrupulous person found it, entered the park and charged your room to the max but instead they were stopped at the entrance cause their biometric measurments didn't match?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom