Does Anyone Have The Toy Monorail Set?

Iris

Original Poster
Hi. I'm just curious if anyone here has the toy monorail set. Do you have the resorts and other accessories? How much space does your set take up? Thanks.

reptar77

I just have the basic set from 15 or 20 years ago. I have not set it up in years but I does take up a fair amount of space.

SewIn2Disney

The monorail basic set makes an oval approx. 4 feet in diameter. You can buy extra track sets (either four straight or four curved for $10.00) which will expand your set. I also have the castle. The base is about an 18in square, and stands about 2 feet tall. It opens up, and contains lots of play pieces.

The rest of the park accessories are smaller, and the hotel accessories are about the same size as the castle.

Mine only comes out at Christmas, and goes around the tree, it really is cute. This is what I'd love to do with it someday:

http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/CrouseHouse.html

Hope this helps!

gatordoc

I've got the monorail set up in my Disney room - one loop with the GF, Contemporary and Poly, connected to another loop by the TTC changer to Spaceship Earth. Takes up a good bit of space , but mainly around the perimeter of the room, so I have my Mickey chair/ottoman in the center of one loop, for example. You have to be careful moving around, stepping over the track, etc. (my Yorkie loves jumping it, though), but it's pretty cool.

wdwhoneymooner

We purchased our set last year @ Downtown Disney for our son. He loves having the tracks go under chairs and tables pretending they're tunnels and such. Last week we found a great deal @ the Character Premiere on an accessory set which included: The Main Gate and Grand Floridian sign (both light up), a Polynesian sign and one of those famous road direction signs with MM ears.

WDWFanatic

I have a monorail red plus the contemporary ,transportation and ticket center and the sign package. I also have the rollercoaster. I also bought online a set of track stands that will accept two tracks on one post so i can run them side by side. They are great! I run it around one of my christmas trees.

SewIn2Disney

We purchased our set last year @ Downtown Disney for our son. He loves having the tracks go under chairs and tables pretending they're tunnels and such. Last week we found a great deal @ the Character Premiere on an accessory set which included: The Main Gate and Grand Floridian sign (both light up), a Polynesian sign and one of those famous road direction signs with MM ears.
That's the part I really want next! I'm so jealous of you, I wish I could get to the outlets in FL! Out of curiosity, how much was it?

Imaginationeer

For christmas, i set up my two monorails, the small railroad, the big 50th train, the light up Sleeping Beauty castle, Cinderella Castle, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, Spaceship Earth, the Tree of Life, The Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain, California Screemin', Haunted Mansion, the switch station, the signs, the small buses( not the usual ones that come out every year, these are new and are made for the monorail set), and the small Tomorrowland Speedway. I think that's all that came out, am i wrong, was there any more pieces that i never bought?

mikeymouse

Hi. I'm just curious if anyone here has the toy monorail set. Do you have the resorts and other accessories? How much space does your set take up? Thanks.

I have Monorail Yellow with the huge oval. Does take up a lot of space but you can make it smaller. I have the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and the Transportation & Ticket Center. There is a connecting track which takes Monorail Yellow back to the (what do u call it?) "Roundhouse?". Also have extra track sets and the sign set. The hotels were discounted the last time I was at WDW (fall '05).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have a monorail set with the castle, Contemporary, Poly, switching center, and Epcot SSE. I had it set up in my office around the perimiter of the ceiling. We are moving, so its packed up right now, but our new house is going to have a rather large playroom that we are going to theme Disney, so, I can do tons with it, and we are going back to WDW in January, so I can stock up on stuff for it. :sohappy:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I've got some of the older/original stuff (not any of the newer "playset" stuff).

I've got:

Monorail Purple and Yellow

Polynesian
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Signage Set (Arches and Such)

Spaceship Earth (non-playset version)

Takes up a small bit of a real eastate under my christmas tree each year. I used to also have the Astro Orbitor that was activated when the monorail went by.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh, and since I kept the boxes... Here's the original retail prices from WDW per their tags...

Monorail Purple - $60

Monorail Yellow - $60

Polynesian - $35
Contemporary - $40
Grand Floridian - $40
Signage Set (Arches and Such) - $30

Spaceship Earth (non-playset version) - $35

DizMel

I have almost every Disney World set. I have the yellow and blue monorail, the Castle, Space Mountain, Astro Orbitor, Tea Cups, Dumbo's Flight, First Space Ship Earth, Switch Station, Tree of Life, MGM Sorcerer's Hat, Hotel Sign's, all the hotels, (The Poly, Contemp and Grand Floridian) Haunted Mansion, California Screamin. I know there is more I just can't think of them. Mine, sadly, is sitting in a closet because we have no where to put it at the moment.

Anthony95

my son bought this and we were able to get him the contemporary and the polynesian resorts i think... can't remember how it look.

i need to buy a house for this thing.

the-reason14

I have two and some extra track. I had to take it down for christmas, but you can kinda see most of it in my avater, feat. California screamin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom