Does Anyone Have The Toy Monorail Set?

wahooskipper

We got the basic set for my son a few weeks back and he opened in Christmas morning. It is fine...but who is the knucklehead that designed the little tiny characters? Why not just put some buckshot in there?

sweetale

Honestly, setting up the monorail underneath the tree is the "event" I look forward to most over the holidays. Our set has grown over the years to include:
Monorails red and blue (the doors actually open)
Hotels: GF, Contemp, Poly (Including signage), Wilderness Lodge (which takes a long time to set up since it is the Lincoln Log set).
Magic Kingdom accessories: HM, Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain, Castle, Dumbo (Also two trees and a lightpost)
Epcot: Spaceship Earth & The M:S Rocket
MGM: The Hat along with the character accessories which I set up outside the hat.
Animal Kingdom: AK Tree along with accessories
TTC switching station

It takes up the entire living room and then some. I have two loops going, a MK/resort line and an Epcot line. I also set up MGM and AK to scale and in there appropriate directions. Also, I take all the prince/princesses and put them each on a hotel that would roughly correspond to there "background" (snow white/prince at WL, Beauty/Beast at GF, Aladdin/Jasmine at Poly, etc.). It takes a long time to complete every year but it is most certainly a labor of love!
~Amy

westie

We have the DCA monorail as well as two others. The DCA monorail comes with a Golden Gate Bridge much like the one at DCA. We put them all together over Christmas. Our problem, our Lab will eat the monorail if it moves or tells him,"No smoking please!"

Pixie_Pirate

We have Monorail Black but we nvr use it. We took it out for X-mas to put under the tree it's cool to watch it go around the tree, we're also going to get monorail yellow i think. My dad's a big Monorail(and disney, same with me and my mom)freak and bought every monorail pin.

F'nGoofy

We have had Monorail Purple for almost 2 years now, and just got the new Monorail Blue, as well as the Contempoary and the Switching Station two weeks ago when we were down there. My son is getting them for his birthday next week, so I need to clear out some room to set them up. I also have a bunch of extra track, so I'll have two loops running at the same time. I don't know how true this is, but when I was just down there, I talked to a CM at Once Upon A Toy, and asked about the discontinued attractions. He told me that they were re-doing them, and they should be back out in about 6 months.

Space Mountain

I have..

Monorail red & black

2 sets of extra track and support beams

contemporary resort and signs/trees

Poly Resort and sign

TTC

Spaceship earth

astro orbiter

dumbo ride

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We have two monorails (Red and Purple, I think), extra track, the Contemporary, SSE, the signage, and the TTC. None of these are the playset versions, they are all part of the monorail system. Actually, our SSE hasn't even been opened, and we've had it for a few years. We always intend to give it to the boys for Christmas, but other things always seem to take over. :lol:

I need more track pieces. ;)

MiceysBestPal

Here are some pix of what we do with our monorail and accessories in one end of our small living room at the holidays.
A few of the items I built, but many are from the (mostly-discontinued) WDW/DL/DCA accessories sets.

100_0034.jpg

100_0057.jpg

100_0053.jpg

100_0046.jpg

100_0041.jpg

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
My goal is is to ultimately accumulate enough pieces of track and landmarks to have this thing be able to go all around my classroom.

Horizons1

I have almost everything except for Monorail red, gold, and blue. I love collecting them and running around my house.

Heres a pic from when I was first getting started, all I had then was Monorail black...

3400Monosetup.jpg

This is an old thread, but hopefully some of the people who posted can help. Whenever I see video (like YouTube) of other people's Monorail sets, the spiel changes as their monorail approaches one of the hotels. I have the blue Monorail and Contemporary, but the spiel doesn't change when it nears (or goes through) the hotel. Just can't figure out what the difference is... :confused: Any help on this would be very appreciated!

Figment1986

perhaps someone customized their monorails, or in the video used samples of the actual audio samples rather than the one the monorail actually makes.

I don't really think the monorail can know where it is without someone doing a censor type configuration.

disneydiva72

We have it, we put it around the base of our Christmas tree instead of the traditional train.....we have the single track with the yellow monorail...The Polynesian, the Epcot Ball, The Contemporary, the Sorcerers hat from Hollywood Studios, The Haunted Mansion, Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain, The ghost carriage from the Haunted Mansion and then little signs accesories and trees.

What made me mad was that Disney promoted the crap out of this Monorail set just to take it off the market fairly quickly and left us holding the bag so to speak, then we were left scrambling to get the last pieces they had and then paying out the yin yang for pieces on Ebay.

But to answer your questionis YES it does take up a good amount of space but its really great. :)

DisneyDiva,

Does your monorail "say" different things as it approaches the different hotels? For example, does it say something about the Polynesian as it approaches or goes by it? Or does it always do the standard "Please stand clear of the doors..."? Thanks!

the-reason14

Oh yea, I have a lot of these accessories stashed away somewhere. I bought two standard monorail sets with different colors of course, I had the Contemporary resort, Polynesion, and Grand Floridian, and the SSE accessory too. I have the astro orbiter, the signs for the resort and the 3 resorts featured. I had a space mt. toy, and the California Screamin. If you look at my avatar pic, you can see a bit of what my set up used to look like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom