Does anyone feel uncomfortable drinking alcohol in Disney?

Dan Conner: Is this the beer line?

Random lady: We're looking at Spaceship earth [tells facts about SSE]

Dan Conner: So this isn't the beer line? [runs off]

That could be me at Epcot....

MKCP 1985

Sometimes I am uncomfortable drinking at Walt Disney World - it gets awful hot and humid down there in the summers. :lol:

No, seriously - on our last trip down we spent a day at Universal Studios and the rest of the time at WDW. It was a major pain in the backside dealing with the louts who stood in line at Dueling Dragons, a beer in each hand, belching loudly and generally just being annoying as possible, and while you can certainly encounter drunken tourists in Disney parks, I was glad my experiences weren't anything like that on the Disney property.

I don't mind that I can't get an alcoholic beverage while in the Magic Kingdom, but there have been times when on a full day excursion, I have hopped a monorail over to the Polynesian for an afternoon or evening cocktail and then gone back. I very much enjoy the various drinks in the country pavilions at EPCOT. The food and wine festival in October is a highlight. I think it works so well because there aren't many rides on that side of the park, where you feel you have to hurry up and finish so you can get in the queue or board the ride. In Mexico, they have been known to let people board with their margaritas - now that is relaxing!

When I am at the Studios or Animal Kingdom, I rarely purchase alcohol drinks but I don't begrudge anyone else who wants to do so. Just so long as they don't get one for each hand and become a general nuisance. I think I don't buy drinks there because I haven't found a good spot to just hang out and enjoy a cocktail or a cold beer, but if that were to change, I would be open to the idea.

As for Pleasure Island, I would have a hard time enjoying myself there without the drinks, I think. I very much enjoy the Kungaloosh at the Adventurer's Club, or a cold beer at the patio at the House of Blues. Last time down, I passed by Raglan Road and didn't have time to stop in, but look forward to popping in for a pint of Guiness or the like next time.

No, I don't feel guilty about drinking on Disney property.

RonAnnArbor

Gosh No

Oh Gosh no...adults can drink whenever they want - responsibly of course.

I will second the Margarittas at the Mexico Pavilion are excellent.

Also -- Capt'n Jacks down in DD serves excellent margaritta and daquiri drinks at the bar in the back room.

mitchk

I have no problem with drinking at Disney. Although the only places I drink at are Downtown Disney, Epcot (it's my tradition to go right to Epcot to get a margarita as soon as we get there), and the resort (either at the pool bar, or my room). Like many others have said, there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks, just don't get drunk and make an idiot out of yourselve. Disney is a family place, so play nice :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom