Does anyone else think...

JustInTime

Not at all! This will not be a train. These will be carts. Plus, it will rock back and forth and be mostly indoor. It will not feel like the same attraction in the end.

NYwdwfan

Not at all. Especially with the swaying cars as was described in the other thread. And no lifts as also described. Yes - they both seem to go thru a mountain and have rock facade work. Beyond that - not so much.

SeaCastle

They both feature mine trains through a mine environment, which is similar enough.

However, SDMC looks more lush and green, since it is set in a forest rather than a desert. I think the typical guest won't think too much of it, though.

aladdin2007

Not really. The theming is very different, the layout very interesting.

Agree, Im very impressed with how this expansive layout looks in the concept art, it appears its going to be very detailed and lush with all kinds of nooks an crannies. Hopefully TDO wont be allowed to cut budget on it.

wizards8507

Original Poster
Not really. The theming is very different, the layout very interesting.

I don't see a huge difference between "train" through mountains and "mine train" through mountains. I also don't particularly understand the "it's a forest, not a desert" argument. How is this any different than if Disney announced a new free-fall ride based on a supernatural service elevator, but that the hotel was located in London and had a ride vehicle that wobbled back and forth?

the-reason14

Anybody know if this is actually supposed to be thrilling or is it gonna be on par with the barnstormer and such? Either way, a welcomed addition imo. I just don't like how they're getting rid of swsa. And besides, a coaster is a coaster, they're all similar when you think about. E:E and BTM exist in the same resort without a problem, I'm sure these can exist in the same park as well.

zooey

I don't see a huge difference between "train" through mountains and "mine train" through mountains. I also don't particularly understand the "it's a forest, not a desert" argument. How is this any different than if Disney announced a new free-fall ride based on a supernatural service elevator, but that the hotel was located in London and had a ride vehicle that wobbled back and forth?

I know what you mean. I've never understood why Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World both had to take place inside a building and in a boat. Too similar.

DisneyMusician2

Anybody know if this is actually supposed to be thrilling or is it gonna be on par with the barnstormer and such? Either way, a welcomed addition imo. I just don't like how they're getting rid of swsa. And besides, a coaster is a coaster, they're all similar when you think about. E:E and BTM exist in the same resort without a problem, I'm sure these can exist in the same park as well.

Whole parks are based on coasters with virtually no theming at all, so I think these two could co-exist:)

aladdin2007

Losing snow white in a way is sad becuase its an MK original. and there is something about it that brings back memories as a kid.
But what bothers me more is not really that its going away, but that its being replaced by character meetngreets instead of another dark ride. Now I know others have said its not permanant. but it sure looks it and I dont see it going anywhere for a very longggg time. They are putting too much effort into it.
By the way, any miraculous chance that once thats opened Norways Akershus will cut the princesses? its like overkill.

the-reason14

Losing snow white in a way is sad becuase its an MK original. and there is something about it that brings back memories as a kid.
But what bothers me more is not really that its going away, but that its being replaced by character meetngreets instead of another dark ride. Now I know others have said its not permanant. but it sure looks it and I dont see it going anywhere for a very longggg time. They are putting too much effort into it.
By the way, any miraculous chance that once thats opened Norways Akershus will cut the princesses? its like overkill.

I agree, why can't they change it to the pinocchio ride from DL or something. It doesn't seem like it would take a lot of money or effort to change it over. Something Disney seems to like.

aladdin2007

I agree, why can't they change it to the pinocchio ride from DL or something. It doesn't seem like it would take a lot of money or effort to change it over. Something Disney seems to like.

True, leave the current track in place and build a new ride around it, instead they are going to gutt the building and repurpose it, a new ride will never happen for a couple decades at least. I would love to see Pinocchio in there, also would have been a good spot for Rapunzel.

djkidkaz

The only thing I was thinking was that the new fantasyland had too many rock structures now. I mean, I love it and am much happier with this new plan, but it does seem like alot of rock for a forest, lol. :p

Mammymouse

I love Big Thunder and if the Dwarves ride is somewhat similar - so what - I'll love that, too. At least it isn't going to be one of those dreaded "screen" type attractions like the Monsters Laugh Floor!

the-reason14

True, leave the current track in place and build a new ride around it, instead they are going to gutt the building and repurpose it, a new ride will never happen for a couple decades at least. I would love to see Pinocchio in there, also would have been a good spot for Rapunzel.

Sounds like the easiest thing to do imo. I don't understand why they won't do it. They could even keep the cars!!! I wouldn't mind snow white leaving for pinocchio but changing a ride to a rinky meet n greet? I know it's not for people my age and stuff, but come on!! It's not like MK suffers from small spaces, they could put this 'meet n greet' anywhere and leave snow white alone or at least change it to pinocchio. End Rant....

CJR

Sounds like the easiest thing to do imo. I don't understand why they won't do it. They could even keep the cars!!! I wouldn't mind snow white leaving for pinocchio but changing a ride to a rinky meet n greet? I know it's not for people my age and stuff, but come on!! It's not like MK suffers from small spaces, they could put this 'meet n greet' anywhere and leave snow white alone or at least change it to pinocchio. End Rant....

The old skyway location being a very good spot. I agree with you completely. There is so much unused space and yet Disney feels the need to cut a perfectly good ride. The space could definitely be used for something better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom