Does anyone else miss SpectroMagic -- especially the theme music at night in the MK?

Chris82

I'm not really a parade person... but man did I love the brassy, anthemic Spectromagic theme song. It made trying to get across the crowded parade route in time to get to your Fastpass feel incredibly epic :p

KentB3

We might actually be two years out yet for a announcement unfortunately. Guessing they will debut the parade probably summer 2021 and make the announcement around the fall of 2020.

Whatever this new light parade will be, I hope the parade is an original and not a direct clone of Paint the Night. This is nothing against PTN, which is an amazing parade, but a little too Pixar-heavy for my tastes.

I would love to see something like Dreamlights from Tokyo Disneyland, which I honestly believe is Disney's all-time greatest light parade! :D

Although completely unconfirmed now, word is going around that MSEP is returning to Disneyland park sometime in 2019. This video discusses that possibility:

Last edited:

TTA94

Although completely unconfirmed now, word is going around that MSEP is returning to Disneyland park sometime in 2019. This video discusses that possibility:

Taking it as a grain of salt. With Soundsational, WOC, the new Mickey projection/firework show, Star Wars land opening, etc... seems like there’s already a lot planned for the west coast in 2019.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
no. I worked Spectro as a CM way too many times and that parade is dead to me.

MSEP on the other hand... :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

prberk

Original Poster
OMG yes I really miss that parade.
I listen to the music once a week....
I just bought it on iTunes last week. Listening in the car in full surround is nice. Still not the real thing, but nice. It still evokes memories of cooling down heat and humidity from the day, and a nice time to relax.

prberk

Original Poster
Absolutely.

With the overall arcing theme tying this and Wishes into one, an evening in the MK with Spectro was as cohesive as World Showcase has been with the preshow loop, the torches, RoE and Promise - Not even taking Tapestry of Nations into consideration.

How much we’ve lost.
You're exactly right with the cohesive nature of so many things at WDW in the past. It really was a remarkable design team concept over time. Really worked well, too, as you can see from these loving comments many years after the parade has gone. Current designers and marketing people (of Disney and elsewhere) should take note.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom